Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Decided on converting my SC8 in to RC8T. I have questions..?? >

Decided on converting my SC8 in to RC8T. I have questions..??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Decided on converting my SC8 in to RC8T. I have questions..??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Decided on converting my SC8 in to RC8T. I have questions..??

I was selling my SC8 because no one races them and my local 1/8th scale track doesnt support them. The track is also not the best place to run it because of the huge jumps. The local track that does run them is too tight and it small so it get boring.

I love the performance and look of truggies and currently have an 8ight T-E, but I miss nitro. I then got the idea, since stuff isnt selling right now and people want it for free, instead of giving it away at a stupid price I want to convert it.

I compared the parts and it seems like all I need are a body, wing and stay(mount), wheels, and the RC8T extended wheel hexes.

By what I have found the drive train gears are all the same. Can some one confirm this? I am open to any imput you guys might have.

Thanks in advance.
Rafael
Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i think you will also need to the shocks too right? isnt the sc8 shocks the same length as the buggy? just curious im probly wrong.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I just sold mine, but you will need the suspension arms, drive shafts, upper camber links, longer steering links, shock towers with body mounts, hub extenders. It has buggy arms, so you will need to change them. You will have to check the gearing, I think you will need the big spurgear and the spacers to lift the diff mount off the chassis for clearence.The shock bodies have to be 32mm front and 38mm rear, I think the stock ones work...you have a choice of 50T, 52T and 54T, spur gears they are $22. You would only have to buy the cva bones, not the hole drive shft assembly. You may be able to do it for about $200 clams.

Last edited by crazysavage; 07-23-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crazysavage
I just sold mine, but you will need the suspension arms, drive shafts, upper camber links, longer steering links, shock towers with body mounts, hub extenders. It has buggy arms, so you will need to change them. You will have to check the gearing, I think you will need the big spurgear and the spacers to lift the diff mount off the chassis for clearence.
Well according to Tower the arms, drive shafts, turnbuckles, and shocks are all the same part numbers. All parts listed say "sc8, rc8, rc8t" in the description. Also the part numbers all match. I figured since the RC8T used longer wheel hexes and off set wheels would make up for them all using the same arms and camber links.

It allready has RC8 shocks. I dont see a longer set only the bigger 16mm ones.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Tower is wrong. I do need the longer arms and CVDs.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losifiend
Tower is wrong. I do need the longer arms and CVDs.
I'm pretty sure my above post is correct, for what you will need, I almost did the same thing but I work at a hobbyshop 1 day a week and I get stuff for cost plus 10% so I think I had it $125 for the change over but I bought an 8T 2.0 instead.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Just checked the part nubers on another website and you are rite.Thanks for your help. Even if it costs $150 in parts its still going to be worth it, to me, rather than selling the SC8 super cheap. At least this way I will have a nitro truggy and an electric one.

I'm following the stuff I need off of a chop shop on ebay.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losifiend
Just checked the part nubers on another website and you are rite.Thanks for your help. Even if it costs $150 in parts its still going to be worth it, to me, rather than selling the SC8 super cheap. At least this way I will have a nitro truggy and an electric one.

I'm following the stuff I need off of a chop shop on ebay.
I think it's worth it even if you pay $200. You also have the option of throwing in some after market towers and other parts. Dont forget to check on the hinge pin inserts and caster inserts, it cant hurt to order a whole set of both so you can get her dialed in. I think Xtreme racing has some nice towers for a good price.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks dud! Xtreme makes good stuff.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'm looking for a set of SC8 tires and wheels... Care to part with yours?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

You might try to find someone who would trade a rc8t for a sc8 that way you wouldn't have to buy all the parts and swap them around I just sold my spare rc8t or I would have traded you it would be cheaper that way