Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER??!!!! Kyosho v1RRR or. Mugen MTX4 or team magic G4RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ron C.
Everytime I see a post like this, the best answer I find is the one that tells the person "go with the car that is best supported with parts availablility and tech support" in your local area. It's just makes much more sense and makes your life so much easier.

Having said that, based on your noted location, I would agree with Scott's post:

My name is Ron and we race at our local tracks here in the Los Angeles area. Hope to see you at the tracks soon. I believe Crystal Park has a 2 day weekend Race Event coming up in August 15th to 16th. If you come to race or hang out, dont hesitate to come by the Mugen pits even just to say hi.

Good luck....
yea just to say hi
Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
george your such a rc hore! lol! happy flying though see you in homestead
hey don't forget I a loyal 1 don't be hateing see ya @ the Nats & I got the flyer miles under control
Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GMartinez
hey don't forget I a loyal 1 don't be hateing see ya @ the Nats & I got the flyer miles under control
i didnt know murnan modified sold max power ? big tom
Old 07-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
i didnt know murnan modified sold max power ? big tom
Murnan sells everything that a racer needs
Old 07-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

I have driven all versions of RRR's for the last five years. And i love them...

But I just bought the new G4RS 09 and from the first time it hit the track I was totally amazed!!

Just this last weekend I had a three day event at a track I only visit once a year.

After only making a few setup changes to my G4RS from box stock, I was able to go much faster than ever before and even posted the fastest lap of the A-main. I DNF'd because dust found its way into my engine after using the wrong air filter oil...

I felt very bad because I was in serious contention for the win but mistakes cost badly in this hobby.

Anyway, I recommend the G4RS 09!!! You cannot go wrong with it!!!

Local hobby shop support can be a problem with TM. In my home town there is no local support for any brand, though, so I always stock my own parts. I would have to live with the problem regardless. Thus my current stock of RRR parts worth nearly US $1000. I am sure I am not getting all that money back now...

As for the cost of the parts, they are the cheapest along with Kyosho, if not cheaper.

Belts are extremely durable, plastics are very good, car is lightweight out of the box. Mine is 1700, ready to run with body and transponder. I am not using low profile servos or such. I have not yet used titanium screws or lightweight pivot balls, which will greatly reduce more weight.

The car has very interesting features and plenty of options are on the way...
Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default +1 really good car.

Originally Posted by gtrmx
I have driven all versions of RRR's for the last five years. And i love them...

But I just bought the new G4RS 09 and from the first time it hit the track I was totally amazed!!

Just this last weekend I had a three day event at a track I only visit once a year.

After only making a few setup changes to my G4RS from box stock, I was able to go much faster than ever before and even posted the fastest lap of the A-main. I DNF'd because dust found its way into my engine after using the wrong air filter oil...

I felt very bad because I was in serious contention for the win but mistakes cost badly in this hobby.

Anyway, I recommend the G4RS 09!!! You cannot go wrong with it!!!

Local hobby shop support can be a problem with TM. In my home town there is no local support for any brand, though, so I always stock my own parts. I would have to live with the problem regardless. Thus my current stock of RRR parts worth nearly US $1000. I am sure I am not getting all that money back now...

As for the cost of the parts, they are the cheapest along with Kyosho, if not cheaper.

Belts are extremely durable, plastics are very good, car is lightweight out of the box. Mine is 1700, ready to run with body and transponder. I am not using low profile servos or such. I have not yet used titanium screws or lightweight pivot balls, which will greatly reduce more weight.

The car has very interesting features and plenty of options are on the way...
Yeah Kfactory goodies hopefully this week .
Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bobby don't forget about Smooth,keep him in the loop with all that Kfactory goodies the car looks like a winner,didn't get to see you run sunday because of the rain playing with us.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

I've ran both the Kyosho v-one RRR and the Mugen MTX-4. I prefer the MTX-4 because to me, it feels smoother on a really tight course. MTX-4 seems better built, and I also seems easier to work on, specially on removing the diffs, parts are a bit beefier, but that does contribute to it being slightly heavier. On a high speed track, I think it would be very close in handling. Both are excellent cars, but if I were to do it all over again, i would have bought the MTX-4 right of the bat. so overall I believe the MTX-4 is a better handling car overall.