Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up great video but questions

The video help was great to follow along with. Now the question I have for you is as follows, I saw in video #2 that when using the the software on your computer that you had the option to set the more advanced options for turbo. After following you setup instruction to the letter I didnt have these options available to me on my computer.I did have some of the advanced timing options on the 2 in 1 programmer. Is this normal or did I not do something correct?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pilotman2000
The video help was great to follow along with. Now the question I have for you is as follows, I saw in video #2 that when using the the software on your computer that you had the option to set the more advanced options for turbo. After following you setup instruction to the letter I didnt have these options available to me on my computer.I did have some of the advanced timing options on the 2 in 1 programmer. Is this normal or did I not do something correct?
Firsly reflash the programme card TWICE then close the Hobbywing software and reopen it and Reflash with Ver 100528 OR 100422 Remember to FLASH THEM TWICE then try again.

Also it may be useful to RUN THE HW SOFTWARE AS ADMINISTRATOR for VISTA and WINDOWS7.

Hopefully this will help other wise uninstall the Hobbywing software and re install it that may help also.

If none of this works then it may be something else that a PC GURU may be able to help out with here.

Hope it helps and glad you like the VIDS. If you like 'em leave some comments on You Tube it's always fun reading them.

Cherry xx

Last edited by cherry2blost; 07-28-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Bloody Typo's Typing in the Dark again :)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
If none of this works then it may be something else that a PC GURU may be able to help out with here.

Cherry xx
You've either not got the lastest PC application or not flashed both the lcd box (twice) and your ESC firmware (once). Can you outline all steps taken thus far please, and what are the version ID's of the firmware files in the PC manager?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Andysan
You've either not got the lastest PC application or not flashed both the lcd box (twice) and your ESC firmware (once). Can you outline all steps taken thus far please, and what are the version ID's of the firmware files in the PC manager?

Honestly Andysan you need to flash the ESC twice too matey, we have had issues with 528 with weak brakes and wandering Neutral points WITHOUT the double flash, just play it safe always and flash the ESC twice it takes no time and seems to solve the problems.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Honestly Andysan you need to flash the ESC twice too matey, we have had issues with 528 with weak brakes and wandering Neutral points WITHOUT the double flash, just play it safe always and flash the ESC twice it takes no time and seems to solve the problems.
Ah sorry, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pilotman2000
Jut an idea here........ We have had some issues with the HW software NOT uninstalling properly sometimes, use Windows to uninstall the HW software then go into your Program Files folder, and physically DELETE the ENTIRE HW Folder AFTER uninstalling, then reboot and reinstall from fresh this should update both the version control database AND the software database.

Give it a try it is a free fix...Maybe...
Old 07-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry for the Double post but if anybody from Hobbywing is monitoring the thread could you possibly send me an Extreme Stock so that we can run stress tests and subject it to the amount of abuse that we have given the XERUN Speedo's that we have bought, abused and generally 'fiddled' with over the months.

Also can we get hold of the programming suite so we can work on profiles of our own to share back to the community..........

Just a thought........ Never know it don't hurt to ask !!!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by K_Takuya
Hi all,

I need your help,newbie here. what is the best setting for the esc using the program card? Im confused especially with the drag brake, initial brake and brake force.

Im using ezrun 60A 5.5T for touring...

Thanks
Please help me..thanks...
Old 07-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Wires and capacitor

I jave just receive my second xerun this time 60a version and on this is 14awg
Wire and smal capacitor board. Can i benefit from 12awg wire and capacitor Like on 120a version or 60a version don't need this upgrade.
Is this capacitor ok to use? I have speedpassion super capacitor board probably better then this one.
I use 10.5t motor pushed to the limit so it's Like running 5.5 or 6.5 without turbo timing.
Can i use same setup as on 120a for 10.5t motor?
Thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Anyone interested?
Old 08-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

its true. my brakes were rubbish. flashed it twice and now it stops on a penny. it also sorts out many minor issuses.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xrayal
its true. my brakes were rubbish. flashed it twice and now it stops on a penny. it also sorts out many minor issuses.
Well my run at West Kent on Sunday was awesome. Firstly the car was set good, but I turned down the DDRS to 4 and kept turbo Max, but with timing punch at min (6), so the acceleration was much lazier and FTD'd. I was caning the car out the corners on full throttle with no wheelspin and I was convinced that was the quickest way! - Made the car so easy to drive, yet still had great top speed. Turbo Delay 0.4 . By the way, this was with a GM 13.5 motor.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

I tried my new 120A v2.1 with mod software this weekend and are very happy with the perfomance. Runs cool, great feeling and good brakes. My Orion 4.5t didnīt heat up at all. Still missing some top speed but havenīt started to tweak the settings yet. Plenty of more to come. The lap times are already competitive.

I used to run LRP SXX but I think this ESC can hold itīs own against any other ESC on the market.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
I tried my new 120A v2.1 with mod software this weekend
What do you mean by v2.1?

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by february
What do you mean by v2.1?

Thanks.
The ESC is available in tvo versions, V2.0 and V2.1.
V2.1 have smaller capacitor and some other small changes I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.