Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by koval
i run with this 120A xerun and 3.5 t motor my shcumacher mi3.5 .when the outside temperature is 30 or more the heat protection stop the motor every 3 to 5 min ,in afternoon when the temperature is droop no problem at all without any overheat at motor.my spur is 89 and pinion 23 do you thing with a lower pinion would be better?in the instruction manual says that tha gear rate should be from 9.6 to 11 what does mean?
What are you running? 6v or 7.2-7.4v?If you're running on lipo try with a smaller pinion like 18T-20T to lower gearing.With 23T gearing is very high for a 3.5T motor.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by koval
i run with this 120A xerun and 3.5 t motor my shcumacher mi3.5 .when the outside temperature is 30 or more the heat protection stop the motor every 3 to 5 min ,in afternoon when the temperature is droop no problem at all without any overheat at motor.my spur is 89 and pinion 23 do you thing with a lower pinion would be better?in the instruction manual says that tha gear rate should be from 9.6 to 11 what does mean?
9.6-11 is the recommended ratio for that motor. Right now your ratio is 6.96 which is too low for a motor that fast. You should be starting around 10 which means you need a pinion with 16T (89/16x1.8). Just make sure the motor can be adjusted enough to reach the spur with a pinion that small.

By the way, what on earth is someone who doesn't understand gear ratios doing with a 3.5t motor??!! That's waaay to fast for you I think... LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyanyde
9.6-11 is the recommended ratio for that motor. Right now your ratio is 6.96 which is too low for a motor that fast. You should be starting around 10 which means you need a pinion with 16T (89/16x1.8). Just make sure the motor can be adjusted enough to reach the spur with a pinion that small.

... LOL
i didnt know how the gear ratio is calculating mister,i undertand very well what gear ratio doing ...read carefuly my post and try to be less ironic mister perfect!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default xerun v.2 for brushed

i have the xerun 60A ver.2 Esc, and like it very much, but cannot race using my B.L motor coz in here they still not allowed brushless. So can i want to use this Esc with brushed motor?? (stock.23T),how?
i think the old version can run brushed, maybe i need to change the firmware?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default xerun v.2 for brushed

i have the xerun 60A ver.2 Esc, and like it very much, but cannot race using my B.L motor coz in here they still not allowed brushless. So can i want to use this Esc with brushed motor?? (stock.23T),how?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by QDriver
No brushed mode regardless of firmware for V2.0

koval, I'm no mister perfect. But you stated that you knew the recommended ratio and what you were running is obviously very far off. Please understand that running a motor that fast and hot can be dangerous if you don't know how to harness it correctly. Sorry if I offended you...
Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Hobbywing_USB_Link_setup_V1.5_090820.rar software is out. Download at hobbywing.com to update your usb link software. However there are no changes for Xerun software. I hope they're working on adding turbo!!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default xerun v.2 EZrun v.2 for brushed

QDriver
xerun v.2 for brushed
cyanyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by QDriver View Post
No brushed mode regardless of firmware for V2.0

koval, I'm no mister perfect. But you stated that you knew the recommended ratio and what you were running is obviously very far off. Please understand that running a motor that fast and hot can be dangerous if you don't know how to harness it correctly. Sorry if I offended you...
What firmware version is still have Brushed mode ?

cyanyde Hobbywing_USB_Link_setup_V1.5_090820.rar software is out. Download at hobbywing.com to update your usb link software. However there are no changes for Xerun software. I hope they're working on adding turbo!!
is Firmware 1.5 had Brushed Mode ?
Have you tried that ?

Last edited by irgo; 10-08-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

No changes to esc firmware so still no brushed mode.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default brushed mode

the software version 1.5 had firmware changer
so if the firmware v2.0
changed into ex:
V1.2 or v1.1
there is possible to use old firmware to do brushed mode.

is this correct ?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Well that I won't know coz I don't know how the internals of the 2.0 is compared to the earlier versions. My guess would be the hardware configuration does not permit brushless mode even with a modified firmware.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Brushed mode

cyanyde Well that I won't know coz I don't know how the internals of the 2.0 is compared to the earlier versions. My guess would be the hardware configuration does not permit brushless mode even with a modified firmware.
well as i know brushless sensored method will not leave Brushed method,
but not with Brushless sensorless method which automaticaly switch between
3 phase wired.

so any sensored Brushless will always possible to do Brushed mode
this by understanding of it's hardware, which is controlled by the firmware.
Brushed controller is more simpler than sensored Brushless controller,
sensored Brushless will always using Brushed controller,
so brushed controller is on of the whole Sensored Brushless controller.
we could say :

On Sensored Brushless controller contain 3 Brushed Controller and some sensor reader.
No matter the 3 Brushed Controller is working on one Chip or 3 Chips,
the method remain the same.
and there is only required one thing, the software controller, and
that's is the firmware.

and what the software/firmware doing is replacing the commutator on Brushed motor, and all can be done with software.
That's why we can change the timing through software settings,
and the firmware will process to controll each phase, weather
positive or negative, and amount of open gate.

So, if the firmware controll each phase, positive or negative amount of open gate. The firmware can controll all phase tobe positive only or negative only,
or + + - or - + -
fixed polar, with variable open gate.
you named it.

So the key is the firmware.
hope this will help.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

That's very interesting, but I don't see why anybody would want to run a brushed motor instead of a brushless with a ESC that could work with both (via firmware) since with BL motor you get longer run times and less maintenance.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Well, whatever it is I'm sure hobbywing have their reasons...
Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
That's very interesting, but I don't see why anybody would want to run a brushed motor instead of a brushless with a ESC that could work with both (via firmware) since with BL motor you get longer run times and less maintenance.
- spec racing with brushed motors without having to buy another speedo
- different (better, actually) feel (mostly off-throttle)
- old stock of paid-for brushed motors to be used

you name it.

Some people still run E32 M3's.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.