Settings for Novak Millennium Pro?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Settings for Novak Millennium Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Settings for Novak Millennium Pro?

Help, I'm a rookie dad, trying to help a rookie son get set up for racing. We just got a Mill Pro, it comes with 5 preset profiles. We are using NiMH GP3300 packs. The NiMH 6 cell profile is 4amps, is this high enough? I keep hereing folks say that you need 5-5.5amps? Also I thought that looking at other peoples read outs on there Mill Pro, that it showed milliamp hours while charging, this one seems to only show it after charging. Any good tips would be appreciated.
Thanks, Sam
Old 01-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

When I had my Millenium Pro I used the Nicd profiles for my gp batteries. I just turned the trickle charge feature off. Usually charge at 5-6 amps depending on what you like. Usually set the mv threshold cutoff at like 48mv. If you go on the website of the matcher you bought the batteries from they should have some tips on what to set your charge rate and cutoffs at. Hope that helps some.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Initiate

You used the Nicad instead of the NiMH settings? I thought that you had to use NiMH settings for NiMH, I guess I am just getting mixed up? Sam
Old 01-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

well the nimh doesn't have a cutoff threshold setting so you have to use the nicd profile to utilize the cutoff. i don't believe it charges it any different than the nimh profile. its good to have a cutoff so it knows when to stop the pack. im sure im not the only one that used it when i had mine. i have since switched to lrp chargers.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok thanks for the help, I will see what I can figure out with the programing. Sam
Old 01-14-2004, 04:19 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have both an old Millenium, and a new Millenium pro. The NICD linear setup works fine for NiMH. Just keep the delta-peak value as low as possible without false peaking (shutting off prematurely). NiMH on the pro works fine 2.
To chose at which amperage to charge, you have to consider the time you have to charge the pack, this is off course important when you're racing. Putting more Amp's through the pack will increase punch, but will cost run time and battery life. On the other hand, lower Current (amp's) will lenhten run-time slightly at the cost of punch.
4 Amps is a safe setting. Avoid using more than 5.5 Amps. The battery will have a decent lifespan that way.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the input, I will get this figured out yet.
Sam
Old 01-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

SAM776:

To add to this.... The nimh settings for the millineum pro are really for reciever and transmitter packs.

Use Nicad Linear.... No trickle..... 5-6 amp charge rate....6-9mv per cell or so for peak detect. Whatever makes the pack peak between 130-140 degrees.