Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR >

Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR

Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR

Old 07-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the rebound on my Jammin X1-CR per the setup sheet which indicated 20mm rear and 26mm front, however, I couldn't get anywhere near that using a mounted tire underneath the car to prop it up.

I was hoping that you guys could take a look at the attached pictures and let me know if everything looks like it has been setup correctly.

The extension pictures of right before the tires come off the ground.

Tnx
Attached Thumbnails Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR-p1010282.jpg   Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR-p1010283.jpg   Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR-p1010280.jpg   Setting rebound on Jammin X1-CR-p1010281.jpg  
Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

I may be wrong, but those look like Mugen MBX5t springs

My guess is that you have the wrong springs on the car.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

THOSE are the stock red jammin. what are you trying to set here....take the tires off and sit the car on a wheel front and rear then measure the inner and the lowest part of the lower arms,, and in front measure in the bottom of the c hub, it should be buggy wheels.. Idk if its right but thats what team drivers here taught me.. good luck.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

It looks like he's setting ride height.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think what you are trying to set is your droop.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alan D.
I may be wrong, but those look like Mugen MBX5t springs

My guess is that you have the wrong springs on the car.
These are the springs that came with the car. This is the Factory Team edition so it has the slightly bigger shocks.

Originally Posted by doubletap
THOSE are the stock red jammin. what are you trying to set here....take the tires off and sit the car on a wheel front and rear then measure the inner and the lowest part of the lower arms,, and in front measure in the bottom of the c hub, it should be buggy wheels.. Idk if its right but thats what team drivers here taught me.. good luck.
This is exactly what I did. I took the wheels off and put one underneath the front part of the chassis and another underneath the back part of the chassis. Then I removed the shocks so that the arms would fall under their own weight. I measured from the ground to the outermost tip of the arm.

I couldn't get anywhere near the 26mm front and 20mm rear that the Jammin setup guide recommended. At the utmost extension I have something around 30mm.

Originally Posted by sugs
I think what you are trying to set is your droop.
Exactly, trying to set the droop. Jammin refers to this as the "rebound".

Wouldn't mind some feedback on the ride height as well.

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

General setting for droop is to set it so the arm stops before the shock runs out of travel. more advanced settings can be done for specific track conditions.

With mine i look to do 2 things with my droop settings on my x1.

1. have it set as described above, arm runs out of down travel before the shock does.

2. have them even side to side.

I am running on some fairly bumpy tracks so i use all the travel i can get.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It looks like you have the droop screws in way to far and not enough preload on the shocks. Are you trying to set the ride height with the droop screws?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by looper
General setting for droop is to set it so the arm stops before the shock runs out of travel. more advanced settings can be done for specific track conditions.

With mine i look to do 2 things with my droop settings on my x1.

1. have it set as described above, arm runs out of down travel before the shock does.

2. have them even side to side.

I am running on some fairly bumpy tracks so i use all the travel i can get.
This is almost exactly like what I have now as well. The droop is set so that the arm is stopped about 2mm before the shocks bottom out.

Originally Posted by killabud
It looks like you have the droop screws in way to far and not enough preload on the shocks. Are you trying to set the ride height with the droop screws?
If I back out the droop screws any then the shocks will prevent the arms from extending any further. There is only another 2mm or so travel left in the shocks at the current droop.

No, not setting the ride height using the droop. I set the ride height using the shock preload (i.e. twisting the little nut thing on the shock body to move the spring.)
Old 07-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh ok, I just noticed that you had 0 preload that is why I thought something was wrong. i think when I had my Jammin I measured from the hub and not the arm. the hub hangs a little lower then the arm I think, could be wrong though. A couple recomendations for you other wise, get yourself some mugen grey springs, if I remember correctly most of the old pro setups list them rather then the Jammin reds. Also, the rear camber links, most guys were drilling a 7th hole to mount it in. You can see it here, http://jamminproducts.com/CRsetups/x1supCBv2.pdf
Old 07-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I always started with ride height set to arms level all around on my X1CR, then changed it as needed according to the track. When you set the droop you need to remove your set of wheels/tires, set two unmounted wheels under the car, then measure the lowest part of the arm in relation to the table. Using a mounted wheel/tire under the car is going to raise the car up too much and you won't be able to get the droop set correctly.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Were you at Hardcore RC in Flamborough this past Sunday?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by killabud
Oh ok, I just noticed that you had 0 preload that is why I thought something was wrong. i think when I had my Jammin I measured from the hub and not the arm. the hub hangs a little lower then the arm I think, could be wrong though. A couple recomendations for you other wise, get yourself some mugen grey springs, if I remember correctly most of the old pro setups list them rather then the Jammin reds. Also, the rear camber links, most guys were drilling a 7th hole to mount it in. You can see it here, http://jamminproducts.com/CRsetups/x1supCBv2.pdf
Thanks for the link, I saw that 7th hole but not interested in drilling the shock towers at this time. I'll probably injure myself in the process.

Originally Posted by sugs
I always started with ride height set to arms level all around on my X1CR, then changed it as needed according to the track. When you set the droop you need to remove your set of wheels/tires, set two unmounted wheels under the car, then measure the lowest part of the arm in relation to the table. Using a mounted wheel/tire under the car is going to raise the car up too much and you won't be able to get the droop set correctly.
Bingo, I was using mounted tires. I'll see if I can find an unmounted rim to use instead.

Does the ride height at least look right? 28mm or so. That makes the arms pretty much level.

Originally Posted by Semple
Were you at Hardcore RC in Flamborough this past Sunday?
Yup, I was. Assuming you are the person who was helping me with the RB, I took your advise and got rid of the JP1 and got a RB 2045 pipe. It just arrived today, dying to give it a try. It looks like a beast in comparison to the JP1.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's me, yeah. Are you going to Hardcore for practice again on Sunday?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WeatherB
Bingo, I was using mounted tires. I'll see if I can find an unmounted rim to use instead.

Does the ride height at least look right? 28mm or so. That makes the arms pretty much level.
Ride height looks fine from the pictures. If those are new springs then keep an eye on your ride height, they will break in a little.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.