Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who makes the highest quality engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

if i could only buy one motor a year it would be an rb. they might not be the fastest but they keep up, tune easy and run forever. and they don't break the bank. i've had 3 and the last time i was in the motor market they were converting to the 9 series and were all out of stock. next motor thoguh.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I ran sidewinder 30% world blend all last year without issues. I have used odonnell 30% when thats whats avail and I didnt care much for byrons gen2. But about 2+ months ago I switched to coldfusion fuel 30% magic blend and all I can say is what a difference. I love this stuff. I just ran my truck around out front and no stalls, no flameouts, no start then die and restart. I bumped it on the box one time and that was it ran it for like 8 mins just to check my rebuild work and new fuel line and that was it. It ran perfect. Coldfusion is almost an unfare advantage. Since I have been running it I have not had any flameouts, thats rare. I know some of you are getting tired of hearing it but it is what it is. Coldfusion fuel is out of this world. Give vernon a call at coldfusionfuel.com and try some you will never let any other fuel touch your precious mill. Tell him Frank from CA sent you and Vernon will take very good care of you.

Cold Fusion Fuel
Vernon Cook
P.O. BOX 352
Lowell,FL 32663
Phone: 352-342-4400
Old 07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I haven't seen Cold Fusion in Canada yet, but I've heard great things.

As for RB, I love my RB WS7T, but it was a nightmare at first. The front bearing leaked a puddle under the engine mount when it was brand new. I've also seen a few others with front bearing problems way too early on. Once you get it replaced($20), it's fine. But if I buy another RB in the future, I'll be buying a spare front bearing.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I run Odonnell 20% race fuel. IMO it's the best.
odonnels 20% is like everybody elses 30% that stuff is seriously volatile very good power
Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
odonnels 20% is like everybody elses 30% that stuff is seriously volatile very good power
Glad someone agrees with me! I usually catch a LOT of sh!t for running 20% fuel.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Glad someone agrees with me! I usually catch a LOT of sh!t for running 20% fuel.
i run byrons 30/11 and 30/9 but odonnells fuels are blended for unmatched power . it is not the best for engine longevity but it is the best for power .

i love byrons for the best total package though
Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
would i be right if i said sirio made the highest quality? I mean it is italian after all
indeed ^^ rossi to
Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think you are getting too caught up in the whole engine thing-bottom, top, mid, fuel economy, tuning, etc. IMO just get a cheaper engine and run it, instead of creating threads 8 pages long for questions that can be found with the search button (how many ports are the v-spec, what are the differences between the ninja and vspec and speed?) I doubt you will be to the point where you will be in a 30+ minute main where fuel economy WILL matter, or where you wont have time to tune your engine in a big race. or you will NEED a $500 engine to go faster (if your engine is holding you behind, which it isnt).

To your question, I would say RB/Novarrossi. RB engines are NR based, but RB is located in France.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
I think you are getting too caught up in the whole engine thing-bottom, top, mid, fuel economy, tuning, etc. IMO just get a cheaper engine and run it, instead of creating threads 8 pages long for questions that can be found with the search button (how many ports are the v-spec, what are the differences between the ninja and vspec and speed?) I doubt you will be to the point where you will be in a 30+ minute main where fuel economy WILL matter, or where you wont have time to tune your engine in a big race. or you will NEED a $500 engine to go faster (if your engine is holding you behind, which it isnt).

To your question, I would say RB/Novarrossi. RB engines are NR based, but RB is located in France.
he loves these um _ _ _ L _ _ _ threads , fill in the blanks
Old 07-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

all brands named in the first post are good. o.s speed is hard to beat great power and milage .

i found an engine that YOU can tune easly will be the best.
the best engines stay running.

I run turboed sirio cs7b's in my buggy, the tune is very easy to find for me. its not the best on fuel milage but its never flamed out in the 6 weeks ive ran it. ill take 1 min. less runtime than other engines because i know i wont have a flame out,

the confidence that your engine is going to stay running consistently in those long mains is worth its weight in gold in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
i run byrons 30/11 and 30/9 but odonnells fuels are blended for unmatched power . it is not the best for engine longevity but it is the best for power .

i love byrons for the best total package though
Not sure about the engine life. As I said I have 10 gallons on a standard v-spec running nothing but odonnell 20% fuel. That is a statement that not too many people can claim. Actually it's almost unheard of with a standard v-spec.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Another question to dreaux.....Do you even race or still do you still run on your street and run into puddles, hit trees, etc? For example, you wanted to put a modded .28 or .30 in a buggy for fun. I cant imagine if you get a $500 engine.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Another question to dreaux.....Do you even race or still do you still run on your street and run into puddles, hit trees, etc? For example, you wanted to put a modded .28 or .30 in a buggy for fun. I cant imagine if you get a $500 engine.
He has already stated several times in this thread that the engine is for racing.

So what if he wants a good engine. I don't see why you guys think he shouldn't get one. If he can afford it, I say go for it.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My GRP is the best quality engine I have owned. The vspec is nice, but I wonder about the life span
Old 07-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Wow .... I have been to 10-12 club races and consider myself a little below average usually 1st or 2nd in b-mains, I enjoy it as much as possible ,but, I really can't use more power than my stock v-spec makes and I have learned the punchiness is directly related to clutch springs. Credit to jaz or jammincrazy who posted this earlier ...that is absolutely true. the clutch is the key to snappiness.Hows your dog Dreaux???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.