Wiki Posts
Search

2630 pipe with OS 12 TZ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2630 pipe with OS 12 TZ?

I'm looking into getting a 2630 pipe for my 3 port 12 TZ. I know the pipe is widely used, but have also read that OS engines have different characteristics compared to Nova engines and a pipe that works well for one may not work for another.

Will it work well enough for me, or do I need an expensive OS SPEED pipe? Currently I'm using a RD Logics Turbo III pipe.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
I'm looking into getting a 2630 pipe for my 3 port 12 TZ. I know the pipe is widely used, but have also read that OS engines have different characteristics compared to Nova engines and a pipe that works well for one may not work for another.

Will it work well enough for me, or do I need an expensive OS SPEED pipe? Currently I'm using a RD Logics Turbo III pipe.

I'm not sure about the 2630 but i use the skyline v12 pipe on mine and it seems to work well with it I think by memory i remember someone saying the 2630 is not a very fuel efficient pipe but i'm probably wrong. I've never heard any feedback on the logics pipe so i can't comment on it but are you suffering from any problems using it? If not i would save my money
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well the thing with the turbo iii pipe is that it drinks gas. I had a THS pipe beforehand and after switching to the rd logics pipe my fuel economy immediately plummeted. Now I'm struggling to make 5 minutes whereas I went close to 7 minutes beforehand. I thought maybe it was my tune and tried to lean it out but it was already running at 248 deg.

My recent crash had deformed the header slightly but I have been dealing with bad fuel economy since the pipe was new.