Wiki Posts
Search

Im pretty sure my trx3.3 is done

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Im pretty sure my trx3.3 is done

Been a slough of issues over the last couple weeks with my Slayers 3.3 Will not hold a tune at all, for the most part it has been narrowed down to an air leak but im really not about to go try and find and fix an air leak on this motor. I am more inclined to take advantage of the ERP and have a new one sitting as a spare. But i want to replace it, im thinking a OS .21TM or an OS.18TM depending on availability. or perhaps the Picco .26 Red Dot. For the Slayer which i have now decided im not gonna bother with trying to get it to handle worth a damn on road, what are the recommended motors for this guy? I have heard that the .26 red dot is too much but that was also saying too much for on road. How are they in the dirt? Here locally the Picco .26 is almost $150 cheaper than the OS motors.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

anyone? 30 views and nothing to add. Of those 3 engines which would be best suited as a replacement in my Slayer. or a 4th or 5th option? What do you guys think?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I've seen the Picco .26 for the Traxxax vehicles flip the vehicle over hitting 2nd gear! Makes for a handful to drive IMO. I'd get the OS .18, should give good reliable, drivable power.
As far as you 3.3 air leak goes, is there excessive fuel/oil on the crankcase just behind the flywheel? If so, the front bearing is leaking. Pick up a new front bearing and install it. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

will that cause fuel to not even pull from the tank? i was thinking more of a carb issue not a crank bearing issue.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe. If the crankcase pressure is being lost thru a leaking front bearing it's possible.
Lack of fuel delivery is possibly a clogged main needle. Carefully disassemble the carb's main needle assembly. Clean it and the fuel nipple on the main needle. Then reassemble the needle back to factory settings.
What can happen is the main valve O ring, which is tight in the main needle housing, starts to shred from too much adjustment. The little pieces of O ring clog the fuel nipple on the carb. Next thing you know the fuel can't get into the engine.
Another possible problem. I actually saw this for myself. The pressure fitting on the pipe can be clogged causing a total drop in fuel pressure. Remember, for the motor to draw fuel out of the tank air must be put back into the tank to replace it.
I saw this happen on an HPI Hellfire 1/8 Truggy. The owner had a new polished 1/8 inline exhaust installed and noticed the motor wouldn't even prime. I checked the pressure nipple on the pipe and it was clogged with polishing compound!
Those are two things I can think of preventing fuel delivery. Provided the motor still has proper compression.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

sounds like a job meant for small fingers.. i'll see what i can do with my meat hooks haha
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Lol! Good luck.