Wiki Posts
Search

Building track help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Building track help

Helo everyone.

We are building our new local track for 1:8 buggys in Slovenia (Europe). It's almost done, only jumps are missing. I'm asking you to look at attached track plan and tell me what do you thing. If the jumps are positioned wright, if they are to big (small), some other proposals ...

Thanks for helping.

Attached track plan:
http://file.si/file/174DRVA_julij_09.pdf (enter code (koda) and click save file (Prenesi datoteka!))

Some pics of track:

Old 07-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You have 2 jump-sections on the back-straight farthest away from the drivers's stand. It is often hard to line up the car for such jump At one of our local tracks we have same thing because of its the only possible track layout. Its not bad, but I'd prefer the jump closer to the stand.

Why not try to put those jump-sections on the main straight in front of the pit lane? Ok, there has to be a safety-room so car won't jump onto pitlane but... Or at least closer to the stand.

Good luck with the track, looks nice. I hope the surface will hold up. Looks like regular dirt?! We once had a track like that. It got really bumpy quite fast...
Old 07-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why make it easy by putting the jumps at your feet ? leave them out there where it takes some skill...
Old 07-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lauri
You have 2 jump-sections on the back-straight farthest away from the drivers's stand. It is often hard to line up the car for such jump At one of our local tracks we have same thing because of its the only possible track layout. Its not bad, but I'd prefer the jump closer to the stand.

Why not try to put those jump-sections on the main straight in front of the pit lane? Ok, there has to be a safety-room so car won't jump onto pitlane but... Or at least closer to the stands.
I think they will be allright at back - straight.
I worry about the space befor first jump and after second jump. Should it be more space for takeoff or for landing? I don't know if 6 m for takeoff and 4 m for breaking into curve will be enough? Maybe 5 m / 5 m?
Can someone give me a good advice about positioning jumps, where on straights?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chipo
I think they will be allright at back - straight.
I worry about the space befor first jump and after second jump. Should it be more space for takeoff or for landing? I don't know if 6 m for takeoff and 4 m for breaking into curve will be enough? Maybe 5 m / 5 m?
Can someone give me a good advice about positioning jumps, where on straights?

No one can give me advice.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

More space for landing and less takeoff is usually easier to drive cause you just have to worry about pushing it as fast as possible. At our local track we have a jump (the same one lauri was talkin about) that has way too much room for takeoff. But right after the lander there is curve. It kicks off real good so it has to be jumped w half throttle if you want to land on the track. It is one of the hardest sections and takes a while to go over it fast because the large room that is meant for takeoff has to be driven quite slowly. So, place the jump where you want to, there is no "right" way to do it. One is just hard to drive, the other is easier.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by roadracer43
why make it easy by putting the jumps at your feet ? leave them out there where it takes some skill...
not being able to see a car to line it up isnt a skill.

any track with blind spots or hard to see jumps is ridiculous imo you'll have people crashing over there all the time and more chance for marshall running on the track.

imo a good track is a track that every level driver can drive easy but the quick guys can do it faster. that way you have close racing and your racing the other cars instead of the track.