Shepherd V8 '09

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:47 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coupe
Hey guys,
i just want to give some comments to some off the questions.

CEFX Parts: As Pieter said they are specified to use on high grip tracks like the US tracks. We tried it many times in europe and always need to go back to the shepherd ones.

Body height: There are some different rules all over the world. In efra i think you have to messure the highest point in the rear, so the sidewalls will be higher !!! So it depends on the rules.

Body rasing: I also want to raise the body without changing the geometrie.
Also we, Shepherd, do have some nice body post extensions. item is 905302.

And one more thing for you guys out there, if you are running the cars on high grip tracks and higher temperatures, i would recommend the harder plastic parts for the suspension. There are two different sets of, i gues the 900006 and the 900007. One is hard and the other one, the 07, is extra hard.

Thats it for the moment

Alex
thanks, i hadn't noticed the SMR extensions. i did get the 06' plastic and was planning to try it now the weather is warming up.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Here we go...
  • Front upper arms can be set on different way's, just set the frontside down and the rear side up. It will provide you with just that small bit more steering.
Would like clarification on how to set the front upper arms as above quote ?
Do you adjust via the upper pivot pin roll centre adjustments ? by slackening and tightening the hex screws ? or do you shim via washers under the upper arm alloy to radio plate mounts ?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Spring colours, rates

What's the colour code system for the Velox v8 shocker springs please ?
is it : Soft - White, Blue (med) through to Red -Hard or the other way around ?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey 8racer,
fits like you mentioned it.

Alex
Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by eigthracer
Would like clarification on how to set the front upper arms as above quote ?
by slackening and tightening the hex screws ?
Thats the way. Front turn in the upper hex screw, at the rear turn in the bottom hex screw.... and yes turn the opposite ones loose
Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default ROAR Nationals

Attached are the setups Josh and myself used at the ROAR Nationals.

I ran Masters class. The setup has very good, I was on TQ pace 4 of the 5 qualifiers. In 3 runs I was slowed by back markers and in 1 run I stripped second gear. Finally qualifiling third. In the Main I had a receiver pack failure at the 5 minute mark. When I returned to the race I passed all cars on the track. I can't wait until next year.

Watch the CEFX website for pictures and more information.

Mark Sweeney
Shepherd/CEFX USA
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Josh Cryul ROAR Nats.pdf (391.6 KB, 249 views)
File Type: pdf
Mark Sweeney ROAR Nats.pdf (391.8 KB, 218 views)
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 AM
avs
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MJSGas
Attached are the setups Josh and myself used at the ROAR Nationals.

I ran Masters class. The setup has very good, I was on TQ pace 4 of the 5 qualifiers. In 3 runs I was slowed by back markers and in 1 run I stripped second gear. Finally qualifiling third. In the Main I had a receiver pack failure at the 5 minute mark. When I returned to the race I passed all cars on the track. I can't wait until next year.

Watch the CEFX website for pictures and more information.

Mark Sweeney
Shepherd/CEFX USA
thanks for the setups. i noticed that you used 'aluminum body mount' and josh used kyosho uprights.

do you mean the shepherd or team c post extensions or something else?

i tried mounting kyosho uprights and noticed i could shim the lower point, but needed to remove quite a bit of material to fit the upper point. did josh remove all the interference from the kyosho part?

thanks again, tony
Old 06-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
thanks for the setups. i noticed that you used 'aluminum body mount' and josh used kyosho uprights.

i tried mounting kyosho uprights and noticed i could shim the lower point, but needed to remove quite a bit of material to fit the upper point. did josh remove all the interference from the kyosho part?

thanks again, tony
I ran the Shepherd ones and they worked great. Pooh used the modified Kyosho uprights but he did have a set of the team c ones so we did a comparison. The team c ones are a bit taller than the Shepherd ones so if you really want to jack it up, they are the ticket but the Shepherd ones are lighter and worked perfect for me.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
I ran the Shepherd ones and they worked great. Pooh used the modified Kyosho uprights but he did have a set of the team c ones so we did a comparison. The team c ones are a bit taller than the Shepherd ones so if you really want to jack it up, they are the ticket but the Shepherd ones are lighter and worked perfect for me.
Sean is right. I tried the different upright thing and it made the car turn in more
but killed my corner speed. I went back to the Shepherd ones and the car got much better. My lap times got about half a second faster per lap. To bad I waited until the main to change them.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 AM
avs
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Sean is right. I tried the different upright thing and it made the car turn in more
but killed my corner speed. I went back to the Shepherd ones and the car got much better. My lap times got about half a second faster per lap. To bad I waited until the main to change them.
ah, so what height increae over stock did you settle on? (i don't have the extensions)

i have been using a 14mm extension which may be a little much, but it isn't adjustable. i was going to try something less.

Last edited by avs; 06-19-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by avs
so kind of height increae over stock did you settle on? (i don't have the extensions)

i have been using a 14mm extension which may be a little much.
I used the kyosho rear extension the shortest one in the top hole. On my last post I thought you guys where talking about the front knuckles for some reason.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by avs

thanks again, tony
Tony,
I used the Shepherd post extensions.
If you have anyother questions, please feel free to ask.
Mark Sweeney
Shepherd USA/CEFX
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I used the kyosho rear extension the shortest one in the top hole. On my last post I thought you guys where talking about the front knuckles for some reason.
Hey Poptart reply to the pm
Old 06-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm finally done testing the different setups for my Velox in preparation for my country's first 1/8 onroad race in a looong time. I cant compare laptimes to other drivers since i'm alone but its consistently hitting the corners EVERY time. Very smooth and fast. How will it stack up against the Evolva, The mugens and the Serpents?

Wish me luck

As I was looking over the car today, I noticed the rear body posts that were attached to the rear uprights had a lot of 'play'. I know i can take out this play by using thin shims either teflon or steel. I'm wondering what effect does this have on the body and the car's performance?

I read somewhere that if the 1/8 body is too tight fitting around all 4 body posts, any crash or bump will tweak the chassis. Is this true? Does the rear body post have to be 'sloppy' or can I reinforce the front and rear body posts with graphite braces?

By the way, i'm using two types of bodies the Protoform 909 and the LOLA. I'm sticking to the LOLA as its more predictable on the straights. The 909 seems a bit 'wandering'...or maybe its just me?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 AM
avs
Tech Master

hey all, i guess i wasn't paying close enough attention, when i went to install the '09 pulley set, i found the new parts use a square section adapter. so to install the new pulley set i need to:
replace the 3 603501 with 603511 adapters.
but i don't see a '09 version for the rear adapter 603504.

is the single '09 part now used in all 4 places?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.