Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did you break this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Reguar club race on Sunday. No breakage. Normally the only time I don't finish a race is down to crappy Rx packs, not tightening screws down enough or just being to lazy to actually maintain and look after my car so that it can break at exactly the wrong moment, lol.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this weekend i lost my right front shock bottom and steering link screw 6 min into the a main....fixed it and finished....last race sheared off two diff outdrives....race before bent two rear cv's....race before that snapped left rear hub in the a main....and the race before that blew 3 bran-dam-new shocks.....
Old 07-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hustler777
this weekend i lost my right front shock bottom and steering link screw 6 min into the a main....fixed it and finished....last race sheared off two diff outdrives....race before bent two rear cv's....race before that snapped left rear hub in the a main....and the race before that blew 3 bran-dam-new shocks.....
What car are you running??? Must not be an associated
Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Two weekends ago at an RC Pro race:

For my buggy One lipo battery shorted out/or quit/or died. It just plain didn't work. Oh and one lower shock spring retainer missing.

For my truggy my voltage regulator wiring broke. The regulator has been in place for two years and never moved so the constant jumping and bumps just took a toll on it.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nothing!! I too have a Xray 808 and after having a D8 it is just pure joy. I have not replaced anything other then bearings,clutches/spring, fluids (shocks/diffs) and fuel. Oh I did replace a front suspention arm due to it getting beat up but this was just for my own piece of mind, didn't break. I think that I have about 3-4 gallons on it now and I bought it used.

I am not going to bash any other car as I have not owned anything other then the D8, but the 808 has been great and I am faster with it to boot!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

2 spur gears (motor mount kept coming loose) and both left rear wheel bearings. I'm running an RC10GT (I'm old school!)
Old 07-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jlharing99
I was actually just working on the tune of the engine running up and down my street and the connection of the receiver battery came lose...buggy went wide open, no stearing and hit head on into the front tire of my car. just bent the front part of the chassis up about 10 degrees and I was able to straighten in out. As for the other parts when I bought the buggy used it had a ton of extra parts so I'm good and it seems to be running again....untill next time...that is part of the fun of this sport.
Ha. I saw a buddy of mine do that once. Three of us sitting on the tailgate of his truck and running oval racing in a vacant lot to the side of the truck. He comes around the corner and gets a little wide and turns the wrong way into the front truck tire. Could feel it pretty good sitting on the tailgate. Forget what all broke...
Glad you got things striaghtened out. I may do the same to have 1 backup chassis left
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM

i had a positive break this weekend!

switched from mp9 to mbx6, and i broke my duct of DNF and low mains

went to a track ive never been to before with no practise on the car into the Amain pleased the locals no end

and the weekend before with the mp9 i broke

battery box
body mount posts
rear hinge pin holder

and the best bit i didnt have a major wreck
Old 07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Never break I own a X-RAY too,Oh crap thats been used! I would like to know what losi parts fit the X-RAY & dont say air filter & fuel line I already use those on all my cars.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sooooo why do you need to know what Losi parts will fit on your Xray?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Stripped a steel gear in my Savage Flux tranny today. Landed on throttle me thinks.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
Never break I own a X-RAY too,Oh crap thats been used! I would like to know what losi parts fit the X-RAY & dont say air filter & fuel line I already use those on all my cars.

He wants to know what parts he can to sell to the losi drivers.

Just Joking with the losi guys.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

air8 ,I was just wondering cuz integra keeps saying that the X-RAY is an exact copy of the losi(leads me to believe he's never seen a 808) & now he says he has friends at his track that use the parts interchangably. So now since he's seen the 808 with losi parts installed he can tell me exactly what parts he saw used on the 808 & I will go check by borrowing parts from my losi friends & install them on my 808,that way when he says their exact copys I can keep my big mouth shut & say yep or say he needs to actually look at an X-RAY in person & not from a front view photo in a magazine.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
air8 ,I was just wondering cuz integra keeps saying that the X-RAY is an exact copy of the losi(leads me to believe he's never seen a 808) & now he says he has friends at his track that use the parts interchangably. So now since he's seen the 808 with losi parts installed he can tell me exactly what parts he saw used on the 808 & I will go check by borrowing parts from my losi friends & install them on my 808,that way when he says their exact copys I can keep my big mouth shut & say yep or say he needs to actually look at an X-RAY in person & not from a front view photo in a magazine.
I would bet the front and rear arms are a direct fit. I mean look at them. Xray arms almost have the losi logo stamped on them. I would also take a bet that rear upright hubs would work. Again this is all just going by looks though. I don't think anyone can deny that Xray copied losi in a big way with the 808. Look at the cars side by side and you will see it. Look at the geometries, shock positioning being most prominent. You will see it.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I didn't break a thing on my RC8B last weekend after running about a 1/4 gallon with some VERY hard hits when I cased a large double!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.