KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Update:: The 2343 servo is now working. The guy who I bought it from had replaced the leads before he sent it to me, and a little solder had crossed across the circuit board causing the servo to not work. Cut out the solder cross and now it gets power.

now if only my new helios I just bought would work like dude I bought it from said it did.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I bought my Helios second hand from a racer who had replaced the steering pot on it - they have been known to fail. They are replaceable however, all is not lost
Old 07-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nw racer
Update:: The 2343 servo is now working. The guy who I bought it from had replaced the leads before he sent it to me, and a little solder had crossed across the circuit board causing the servo to not work. Cut out the solder cross and now it gets power.

now if only my new helios I just bought would work like dude I bought it from said it did.

hey man, i just pm'd you. it was working when I shipped it. call me, i sent you my cell. Like ko staff said, alot of the time the connector for the steering wheel when the drop down extension is install may have come loose.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Check to make sure that the plug for the steering inside the radio is connected. There are two plugs. One for the trims and the other for the steering pot. If the wheel extension was installed, this may have come unplugged during installation.

Hey Robert,

This is Yang from Texas, not to push a problem on something else, but can a crossed wire on the servo have shorted out the channel on the receiver? I know the radio was working when I shipped it because I had to use it a couple of time last month becuase my primary radio was having problem with the connection of the module and the radio itself. So I ran that one for 2 weekends.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theisgroup
Hey Robert,

This is Yang from Texas, not to push a problem on something else, but can a crossed wire on the servo have shorted out the channel on the receiver? I know the radio was working when I shipped it because I had to use it a couple of time last month becuase my primary radio was having problem with the connection of the module and the radio itself. So I ran that one for 2 weekends.
I don't think it is the channel on the receiver since I did end up gettin git to work with the 2343. I thought for sure that when I pulled out the extension that it would be unplugged but unfortunately it wasn't. I have a feeling it is something fairly easy and probably not too expensive to fix. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the steering pot like Vortex mentioned.

IS Group. I am not saying that you sent me a bum radio because I don't believe you would have done such a thing. However the thing is still not working. Possibly damaged on shipping or something... I don't know. Just needs fixed.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

np. let me know. I will call robert at ko as well and talk to him. Hey I do have a couple of suggestion. give me a call, or pm me you phone number. it will be an easy test to see if the radio is working and if it is the pots.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

hey guys,

a follow-up. we worked on the helios together and found 2 things:

1. when in the steering balance, the * is always on the right even when youdon't touch the wheel

2. we went into the adjust vr. and on steering, all the numbers are zero. and nothing changes when you turn the wheel. I took mine and even with the wheel unpluged, the steering vr had numbers.

so could this be the pot problem mentioned above?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

The steering pot is bad and needs to be sent in for repairs.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
The steering pot is bad and needs to be sent in for repairs.
ok, well the radio is on the way to you so you should see it in 2 to 3 days. What does something like that cost to replace?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys

may i ask what the steering pot looks like and what it does please for future reference as im getting mine tommorrow
Old 07-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by v0rtex
I bought my Helios second hand from a racer who had replaced the steering pot on it - they have been known to fail. They are replaceable however, all is not lost

Oh No!!!! Known to fail???!!! I just my Competition not long ago....!! Hope not nothing unfortunate will happen to it.!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ben.C

Oh No!!!! Known to fail???!!! I just my Competition not long ago....!! Hope not nothing unfortunate will happen to it.!
Its the only time i've ever heard of it happening - dont loose any sleep over it
Old 07-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question to all Spektrum users, i got mine today and it seems to work superb. Only thing i'm kind of annoyed about is that the module sits a little unsecure, the front clip doesn't hook up in the radio like it should. It's a little like this with the standard module too but it's pretty secure compared to the Spektrum one..
Old 07-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

i have not had a problem with my spektrum not being secure. the only problem I face is that the crappy antenna on the spektrum after a few weekend is not even staying up, it just flops around. I have resigned to putting a body clip through the hole to secure the antenna
Old 07-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i have not had a problem with my spektrum not being secure. the only problem I face is that the crappy antenna on the spektrum after a few weekend is not even staying up, it just flops around. I have resigned to putting a body clip through the hole to secure the antenna
I too had that same problem with the spektrum....Here is how I fixed mine....
Open up the Modual...nothing fancy inside just make sure that the little blue button doesn't hit the floor never to be found...LOL
How there is a little gray plug that holds the antenna in and keep tension on the antenna to give it a feeling of security...Mine kept sliding out...
SO I tokk it out, wrapped it with tape and pushed it back in....Now it sits just right....Here how to keep it like that..DO not store or travel with the modual in it....I am still trying to find a case that can hold both....Yea right still too new..But I now take it out when stored or traveling and it stays standing up.
Hope this long winded explination helped
-SHookie <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.