Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rc_square24
so if ill be using it in canada, which should i get? 27, 40 or 75?

i managed to get 40 mhz in hk.
I think Canada is like the U.S. Only 27 and 75 are used. Basically 40 is illegal and in the U.S., if caught using it, you can be fined by the FCC. Not sure what the CA equivalent is. Some people do use 40 and get away with it, but they do it at their own risk.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: 27 or 75mhz?

Originally posted by Headbanger
In the US, there are 6 channel in 27Mhz(1-6) band and 30 channels in 75Mhz (61-90). Outside the US, there are 12 channels in the 27Mhz band. KO sell crystals for all 12 channels in the U.S. for some reason.

Also, 75Mhz is close the frequency of flouresent light bulbs so you might experience glitching in some situations.
On the other hand, Tyco, RadioShack, etc. use 27 and 49mhz on their $4.99 RTRs. Your call.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Frequency

Hi KO PROPO Staff,

I am going to buy a Helios (most prob 27Mhz) and wondering if it's possible to use a KO 29Mhz frequency on the 27Mhz helios ?

Just like it's possible to use a KO 41Mhz frequency on the 40Mhz helios right ?

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

The answer is no.

27mhz can only use 27mhz

29mhz can only use 29mhz. (They used to able to use 30mhz Very rare crystal)

40mhz can only use 40mhz and very few 41mhz. It will have glitching problem or interference problem with 41mhz.

KO has all sort of mhz receivers when they have Mars 1 and they trimmed it down to 27, and 40 in Asia. I don't know in US.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Speed8081-
You can not use those frequencies with the 27MHz. Generally, you can get away with something close like 26MHz, but even then you may still have problems. I would stick with the correct frequencies.
In the US 27 and 75 are the only approved frequencies allowed by the FCC. There is a reason why we are not allowed to use the other frequencies here in the US, because someone or something else is using them and could cause problems.
For example, 40MHz is reserved for military and emergency uses. If you are using this and a military jet flies over or an emergency vehicle drives close by, you will get blasted. Also, don't you think that they problably need that channel more than you do?
Just a heads up!
Old 04-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Speed8081-
You can not use those frequencies with the 27MHz. Generally, you can get away with something close like 26MHz, but even then you may still have problems. I would stick with the correct frequencies.
In the US 27 and 75 are the only approved frequencies allowed by the FCC. There is a reason why we are not allowed to use the other frequencies here in the US, because someone or something else is using them and could cause problems.
For example, 40MHz is reserved for military and emergency uses. If you are using this and a military jet flies over or an emergency vehicle drives close by, you will get blasted. Also, don't you think that they problably need that channel more than you do?
Just a heads up!
Thanks for the info GFXmania and KO PROPO Staff
Old 04-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Initiate

where can i get one online???
Old 04-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Synthesized module and receiver

KO PROPO Staff,
It looks like everyone is releasing synthesized modules and receivers for the their top end radios like the M8 and 3PK. Does KO plan to release their own for the Helios? It would be awesome if they do. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for it. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SubaruSTi
where can i get one online???
I've seen them here:

Speedtech
MicroRCshop
Speedworld Raceway

and of course

Kopro.com via shopatron
Old 04-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Synthesized module and receiver

Originally posted by forty6
KO PROPO Staff,
It looks like everyone is releasing synthesized modules and receivers for the their top end radios like the M8 and 3PK. Does KO plan to release their own for the Helios? It would be awesome if they do. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for it. Thanks.
Yes! If you do come out with a synthesized TX module, make it so the user can change frequency through the menu and not through dials or switches on the module.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Synthesized

Just returning from the RCX show and this was the most asked question.

What I have been told, we are looking at about one year before we will come out with a system. We have been looking into doing an entirely different type and style of system (not using POTs to change the frequencies). Most likely, this will be a lower end system and not for the Helios, but I just don't know at this time.

One of the major reasons that I think that it will not be offered in the Helios is because of the size of the receiver. Currently, the KR-302F receiver is the smallest receiver available on the market. Putting the synthesized equiptment into the receiver only increases the size and weight of the receiver. Most drivers want everything as small and as light as can be.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Synthesized

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Putting the synthesized equiptment into the receiver only increases the size and weight of the receiver. Most drivers want everything as small and as light as can be.
You could offset the size of the receiver by coming out with low profile servo like the Futaba 9550. That's another thing on my KO wish list!

Wish list:
1. Synthesized TX module
2. Synthesized RX
3. Low profile servo
4. KO pit towel
Old 04-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Settings for drag brake on Brushless system?

Hey KO PROPO Staff

I have a Novak brushless system. It's great for it low maintenance, but the only thing missing is the drag brakes. Since I saw that with a Helios, you can program brakes for a Mini-Z MR-01, why not drag brakes for a brushless?

I was going to start playing with the settings, but I figure I might ask here to see if anyone has done it already or maybe point me in the right direction. Anybody know how to setup drag brakes for brushless system?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

ko staff i have to say i am happy with the helios its a good system just the way it is going synthysized would be a bad idea
i changed from it back to crystal it just didnt work the same .
Old 04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Synthesized

Originally posted by Headbanger
You could offset the size of the receiver by coming out with low profile servo like the Futaba 9550. That's another thing on my KO wish list!

Wish list:
1. Synthesized TX module
2. Synthesized RX
3. Low profile servo
4. KO pit towel
headbanger.. i asked ko propo staff about this last summer. he said that they dont make one like the 9550 because the case doesnt have enough room for the servo to generate the right amount of torque.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.