Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: NTC3Freak

Originally posted by lem2
Here's another one: Notice the wheel?? It's a little "look fast" technique that scotty taught me!!

Hebiki: cool!! Did'nt lknow about the calibiration thingy!!

u remove the hub cap rite??i think it looks better with the cover ler
Old 02-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

I agree, now you can see the BH phillips screw that holds the wheel, doesn't really looks good on the "high tech" helios.
But that's just my opinion.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

or you can just put a spinner wheel on your helios like me...
Old 02-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
You guys ready for the Spektrum....
Horizon is shipping mine on Friday....but then again I backordered mine three months ago and since I live in So.Cal. the LHS won't get there shippment until late next week.....I will let you guys know how it fairs....I CAN HARDLY WAIT>>>>>>>

-Stephen <><
let us know how it works.

edit.. let us know how WELL it works.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
or you can just put a spinner wheel on your helios like me...
Yeah that is pretty slick, what is the trick to doing it? Can you post pics showing what has to be done to make work?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
let us know how it works.

edit.. let us know how WELL it works.
I shoudl have it by tuesday next week and I will be racing at Hot Rod Hobbies next Saturday so I will have the chance to race the Spektrum right away.....From every single person who has it and I have talked to personaly have said it is flawless. So I hope that since the Helios is the second product run that it shouldn;t have as many problems as the m-8 when it first came out.
I will let you all know and maybe do a write up.
Take Care All & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default i want a receiver for my ex-10

i just got another RC and wants to use my ex-10 to control that car as well. my one is a 29Mhz (which is legal freq here) but it seems NO ONE in this world sells a 29Mhz 302F receiver!!!?? not even the old 301 receiver..... so what can i do!! i want to run my car asap but i can't find a stupid receiver :/

Can i use other brand's receiver? what is okie? i don't want to spend too much $$$ as i would like to get a 29Mhz 302F receiver eventually when i can find one..
please help!!!

I'm from New zealand btw, so needs to find a shop who can ship oversea
Old 03-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Got the Spektrum Last night and all I will say is SWEEEEEEEEET ear to stinken' ear....
I set it up in about ten seconds and it has had no problems with responce even though it doesn;t utalize the HSR it is still as fast, if not even faster so you won;'t really notice any difference.
I will test it this weekend at Hot Rod Hobbies. I will let you know.
But for now I am just waitign for the Shoe Goo to dry on the chassis so I can test it better.
I will keep you posted.
MAN THIS THING IS AWSOME
Stephen <><
Old 03-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Got the Spektrum Last night and all I will say is SWEEEEEEEEET ear to stinken' ear....
I set it up in about ten seconds and it has had no problems with responce even though it doesn;t utalize the HSR it is still as fast, if not even faster so you won;'t really notice any difference.
I will test it this weekend at Hot Rod Hobbies. I will let you know.
But for now I am just waitign for the Shoe Goo to dry on the chassis so I can test it better.
I will keep you posted.
MAN THIS THING IS AWSOME
Stephen <><
good hear the positive feedback. keep us posted.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
good hear the positive feedback. keep us posted.
Yea please keep us posted for sure especially about the HSR ...I specifically got all the KO goodies (Helio, VFS1, 2343 servo) so I could run in HSR mode.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Ran it yesterday and must say it is awsome. No you can not use HSR but with the Spektrum though you don;t need it. You get the high speed responce anyway. I literally though it got faster. I can not realy tell 0.00002ms is actually feelable. Anyway I do have one complaint. I could only drive 990ft then boom out of range and since I rushed binding I didn't set the failsafe and it went crazy went full speed into a curb and my buddy who was driving and I watch my B4 explode....Have to say it looked like a XXXmain video...I laughed so hard.....But you want to hear about the Helios...So after everything and Spektrum is great No glitches even right next to high voltage power lines. I will make sure to re-bind the receiver with the failsafe feature done right....
So that is my only complaint and advice.
Hoep this helps
-Stephen <><
I will be racign my Yokomo this weekend at Hot Rods with it so I will let you know how it fairs at a real race enviroment.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Yea please keep us posted for sure especially about the HSR ...I specifically got all the KO goodies (Helio, VFS1, 2343 servo) so I could run in HSR mode.
Mo and I will be running ours on the rug this weekend so we should be able to help with some indoor carpet feed back.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Hopefully the KO units already have the upgraded software so we didn't have to send it back like what happened to a lot of M8 units.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

No you can not use HSR but with the Spektrum though you don;t need it. You get the high speed responce anyway. I literally though it got faster. I can not realy tell 0.00002ms is actually feelable.
The HSR is set in the CPU of the transmitter, so there is no way that the Spektrum could be faster than the AHSR. Just want to make this clear and I don't think that everyone should be mislead. Linear functionality and expo may change with the module to give you the feeling of being faster. Clearly different then frame rate (speed) of the CPU in the Tx.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

so does that mean that with the specktrum module you have to turn off teh ahrs mode on the transmitter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.