KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TimXLB the RX crystal still come with the plastic cap but not the TX to bad .
Tim:

Hi,

If you need a radio for Cleveland just let me know. Mini has two right now one with a drop down and one without (drop down is on it's way) one is 27 and one is 75. along with a M8 and a 3PK. LMK

Thanks

Keith Billanti:

Hi,
I always wondered the same thing... I did find some 75 band crystals with the plastic covers on tho.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default compatibilty

I'm looking at getting the Helios 40mhz. Can someone please tell me if the Futaba crystals are compatible. I don't want to order new one's if I don't have to.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Hello B4,

I have been told they will work without any problems....
The Helios Rock's by the way, I love it!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

HEy Guys,

I tried my helios for the first time yesterday, after a couple of packs with my R1. The menus are very intuitive, and their customization is a great feature. However, I was disappointed with the supposedly quicker response speed... frankly I didn't feel any difference from my R-1... I run the HRS receiver with a 2113 fet servo (analog). In the manual they say to make full use of the HRS mode you need a recent KO digital servo... On the paper the new Sanwa ERG servos have better specs than the KO's. Would they (other brand's digital FET servos) be appropriate for the HRS mode, or do you really really really need a KO servo to feel it?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 10-07-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Lonestar
HEy Guys,

I tried my helios for the first time yesterday, after a couple of packs with my R1. The menus are very intuitive, and their customization is a great feature. However, I was disappointed with the supposedly quicker response speed... frankly I didn't feel any difference from my R-1... I run the HRS receiver with a 2113 fet servo (analog). In the manual they say to make full use of the HRS mode you need a recent KO digital servo... On the paper the new Sanwa ERG servos have better specs than the KO's. Would they (other brand's digital FET servos) be appropriate for the HRS mode, or do you really really really need a KO servo to feel it?

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul,

You need to use the Ko digi servo's.
If you use the PDS 2123 servo (#30021), you have a quicker servo as the Sanwa. I asume you wanted a electric-car servo?

If not check kopropo.com, I'm sure you can find a high-speed servo there for your needs.

Thomas.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi Paul,

You need to use the Ko digi servo's.
If you use the PDS 2123 servo (#30021), you have a quicker servo as the Sanwa. I asume you wanted a electric-car servo?

If not check kopropo.com, I'm sure you can find a high-speed servo there for your needs.

Thomas.
Hi Thomas, thanks for the info... I had indeed misread some specs, the KO2123 is comparable to the quickest ERG... and is also compatible with the super-duper HRS whatever system... I guess I'll have to buy one!

Thanks for the heads-up,
Later,
Paul
Old 10-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3rd channel quick steering

I'm not sure of the term this is but...

how to configure the helios so i activate the 3rd channel the car overrides the dual rate, and i get full lock to lock?

The JR R1 and the XS3 can do this, I am just wondering if this function if proprietary to JR, or can the Helios do it as well?
Old 10-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

Just got my KO Helios with the adaptor and am happy with the way it feels on my hand. I still have to thoroughly try this out this Sat. during our club race. The only thing I don't like about this is the Manual as you would need to do a bit of deciphering to understand the English.

Just like to verify about the steering setup, what would be equal to EPA and DR? Is it advised to setup EPA to 100% L/R and adjust the DR to get the steering?

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcspeedo
Hi,

Just got my KO Helios with the adaptor and am happy with the way it feels on my hand. I still have to thoroughly try this out this Sat. during our club race. The only thing I don't like about this is the Manual as you would need to do a bit of deciphering to understand the English.

Just like to verify about the steering setup, what would be equal to EPA and DR? Is it advised to setup EPA to 100% L/R and adjust the DR to get the steering?

Thanks.
Well, I am not sure if this is what you are asking about, but EPA %L/R is how much percentage of the full throw, left or right, the wheels will turn. For example, if the wheels turn 2 inches (just a number), if you set your EPA %L to 50% it would only turn 1 inch to the left. These numbers are not exact or anything, but just using it as an example (usually used to set the throw left or right, to not strain the servo). DR or dual-rate, is how much of the total throw the servo will turn, in both directions. So after you set your EPA, lets say to 80% L and 75% R. When you go and turn down the DR to 90 from 100, it will turn 10% of 80% to the left less, and 10% of 75% to the right less.
Hope this helps,
Mike Patterson
Old 10-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Mike for the respond. I know about the D/R and the EPA. I probably was not clear on my question. I was looking for the Helios option equivalent to the D/R and EPA, is it the Steer Travel and Steer Balance only? I also noticed that ET4 is an additional adjustment for the throw.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

I have a problem with my radio system.

Today, I soldered on a new motor and everything, hooked it up, turned it on, and then the servo started to "pulse" and making buzzing sounds. I thought it was just the servo, so I swapped in another servo and it did the same as well (one digital, one analog). Then, I thought it must've been the receiver. I swapped out the 302F and put in a new 302F in with the same crystal. Same problem.

I also had low batteries on the transmitter (~10.4-10.1 beep).

Could this have caused it? I heard low or bad transmitter batteries are sometimes the problem with glitching.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcspeedo
Thanks Mike for the respond. I know about the D/R and the EPA. I probably was not clear on my question. I was looking for the Helios option equivalent to the D/R and EPA, is it the Steer Travel and Steer Balance only? I also noticed that ET4 is an additional adjustment for the throw.
The Helios' equivalent is called what you said ST: TRAVEL and ST:Balance. ET4, is just a quick access to ST:TRAVEL, it just doesn't display the "ST:".
Old 10-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
I have a problem with my radio system.

Today, I soldered on a new motor and everything, hooked it up, turned it on, and then the servo started to "pulse" and making buzzing sounds. I thought it was just the servo, so I swapped in another servo and it did the same as well (one digital, one analog). Then, I thought it must've been the receiver. I swapped out the 302F and put in a new 302F in with the same crystal. Same problem.

I also had low batteries on the transmitter (~10.4-10.1 beep).

Could this have caused it? I heard low or bad transmitter batteries are sometimes the problem with glitching.

Any help will be appreciated.
In Advanced HSR you must use all digital servos, NO analogs. If you are going to use analogs, you must change it to Super HSR or the normal setting on the transmitter.

Using analog servos in Advanced HSR will glitch the servos and probably damage them.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Glitching

I was wondering if you guys had any tips on eliminating glitching .last weekend at the regionals at hesparia my car glitched so bad i shouldnt have even tried to run it..but it is a mars not a helios..i tried everything and it still did it..
Old 10-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Glitching

Originally posted by AARON YOUNG
I was wondering if you guys had any tips on eliminating glitching .last weekend at the regionals at hesparia my car glitched so bad i shouldnt have even tried to run it..but it is a mars not a helios..i tried everything and it still did it..
hey aaron.. you were super fast in stock! A-main right? i never really had any glitching problems with the helios.. (well i did, when someone turned on the same ch... was the only time i glitched.) i got hit a few times in my main (i was too slow for the A.. ) but i think that was from an inproperly broken motor (with no caps. rookie mistake! )

when i had the Mars R... i did glitch once.. but when i checked... my crystals were bent. check to see too if your antenna wire isnt damaged or touching the chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.