Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mach 427 engine bought, included collet different

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mach 427 engine bought, included collet different

I bought a Mach 427 engine for my Team Losi LST truck. I noticed that a collet was included with the engine and I thought it was the same type of collet as the one I bought with a flywheel for the lst (LOSB3301). But, the collet that came with the engine didn't match the collet that came with the flywheel (LOSB3301). And, the collet that came with the flywheel doesn't hook up on the engine, while the collet that came with the engine does. Does the Mach 427 require a unique flywheel? (I definately need one that has the right groove for the collet that was included with the engine) If so, are there any other unique parts to purchase? (clutch shoes, bell, geears etc.)
Old 06-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy Nooooooooooooo

I googled this situation and found out that I should not use collets that come with new engines! "The shorter collets are easier to install". The collet that came with the flywheel is shorter than the one that came with the engine, and I was so unlucky to put my longer one on the engine alone, and now can't get it off!

How do I remove collets off shafts?
Old 06-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

where the split is in the collet work a blade or the tip of your tuning driver in there, it should slide off then . no twisting needed
Old 06-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

stick a flat head screwdriver in the slot to create some slack in it. It should come off then.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

WOW THANKS IT WORKED!

But now to another task, how to put my shorter collet on then? it seems to be too tight for the shaft