Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monster MT w/XTM Racing .28 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Monster MT w/XTM Racing .28 Engine

Altight, so I just bought my first nitro R/C car today. I have a couple friends that are into this, but they are not around to ask, so of course I go to the internet for wisdom.

I followed the instructions and never touched any of the settings as suggested for run-in procedure, but the high speed position (I reset which was from closed position 3.5 turns Counter-Clockwise so I could dry the flooded engine out). I was able to start up the unit twice, and idled fine, but the first time I went took it outside, and gave a bit of gas it stalled. Since then I am unable to start the unit again.

I have since flooded, and dried out the engine, so I know that fuel is getting to the engine, but could it be with it being a new engine/glowplug, it wasn't hot enough to do any more than an idle for a few minutes.

The glow driver is also brand new, and I am thinking it MAY just need a real good charging (package says 14-16Hr first charge), and it just isn't getting the glowplug hot enough for it to fire anymore, and just had enough charge to start it a couple times, but not now. Also how would I tell if a glowplug is fouled, or not working correctly. I know the basics about cars and the like, but nitro r/c is pretty new to me.

I know patience is the key to everything, and I hope that it is just the glow charger not getting the glowplug hot enough, but when you drop all this money into something new, you get worried when it isn't working the way it should.