Search

Engine Compression.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
Hi Lonestar,

As I mentioned in my previous post, and as suggested by orangbaligila, it doesn't matter where you pinch the fuel line - it simply stops the fuel flow. Think of it this way: put a straw in a glass of water, then plug the top of the straw with your finger. If you raise the straw out of the water, none of the water escapes until you remove your finger. Next, pinch the straw half way down, and do the same thing. The end of the story is that you get the same result. The fuel flow will stop the moment you pinch the fuel line, no matter where you pinch it.

Stumbled upon that while looking for sthing else - never said thanks

Plus can be useful to other readers

Paul
Old 08-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wow, SteveP, i've been going the wrong way then !!! Thanks for the info !!!

When i do the pinch test it takes 7-8 seconds... however when i do high speed passes.. idle stays hig hfor 2-5 seconds then drops down... i''ve been adjusting LSN to try fix this problem... but you're saying HSN is the ticket... will definitely give that a crack next time i'm out !!! Cheers...

Also, i've noticed if i turn my car on and let idle... it'll sit there and idle for a whole tank (sometimes it bogs out or gets close to bogging but yeah it can idle pretty well). It idles at around 90 degrees C. If however, i do a high speed pass then sometimes when i bring it to a stop the car will cut out.. it almost sounds like a lean bog... i'm assuming that's also indicative of a lean HSN?

Cheers for the info !!!