Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
We tested this a couple of seasons back while running the evolva shocks the shock case is longer holding more shock fluid giving it a better damping the improvement was mostly on weight transfer it helped a lot making the car more stable in the rear giving it better on power cornering
looks like im buy a set of shocks for my car now lol man when will the spending stop

im about to rebuild my shocks now so ill wait toll i get the kyosho evolva shock's and see for my self

o ya anyone have a new set or mint set of kyosho evolva shock's there willing to sell me hook it up
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by td-civ
looks like im buy a set of shocks for my car now lol man when will the spending stop

im about to rebuild my shocks now so ill wait toll i get the kyosho evolva shock's and see for my self

o ya anyone have a new set or mint set of kyosho evolva shock's there willing to sell me hook it up
the RS09 shocks work fine keep your money
Old 10-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
the RS09 shocks work fine keep your money
Im with Randy!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by getpip
Im with Randy!
Have them from evo.. They are good.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ok

Here goes as i stated in some of my posts this is what i had already,so i figured i would give them a try,im not telling anyone to buy anything.Put it this way when i ran the kit shocks an springs let say at our Fort Myers track laptimes average 14.1 14.0.When i tested the {evolva, xray spring combo} not changing anything but shocks, an different spring combos,lets say xray pinks rear,serpents reds up front laptimes 13.8 13.6.Why i did this is because i have chance to play around with different spring rates.An agian if your the only TM car at an event wouldnt it be nice to have options, same goes for my clutch setup also our next state race is coming up soon, i will testing the 24t pinion from x-ray so, my gearing will be 17/62-24/56 MurnanM RBM3.An if i can use anything to make my car faster, isnt that how it works, an Randy has see my car run.Also my car is setup to run basicly any clutch i want as long as the gear mesh matches, i can run these following cluches Sirio power clutch,X-ray,Capricorn or Kyosho at a big race you can find these options.Love Tm G4rs 09 as stated before, if it makes me faster i will use it, just my 2cents.

Last edited by impalabob64; 10-29-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

The standard shocks can be improved upon for sure.
I think what we are saying here is dont stay home just because the standard shocks are all you have... they do a decent job.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

im not going to let my car sit till i get new shock's im still going to keep them and run them im happy with them
im just getting more input on what everyone is doing to there car pro's and con's so i can test it my self and make the car better

the only real thing i dont like about the car is how much flex it has in the rear lower arm's there is got to be a way to fix that
Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by td-civ
im not going to let my car sit till i get new shock's im still going to keep them and run them im happy with them
im just getting more input on what everyone is doing to there car pro's and con's so i can test it my self and make the car better

the only real thing i dont like about the car is how much flex it has in the rear lower arm's there is got to be a way to fix that
Great .. If Bobby is getting nearly 1/2 a second it has to be worth investigating.

I assume you mean there is excessive play in the rear arms at the pivot mounts ... It does get a little sloppy... I think the KFactory mounts help a little.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Default Arm play

Originally Posted by getpip
Great .. If Bobby is getting nearly 1/2 a second it has to be worth investigating.

I assume you mean there is excessive play in the rear arms at the pivot mounts ... It does get a little sloppy... I think the KFactory mounts help a little.
Try 1mm shims or if you can find smaller ones then the 1mms put them in front an rear of the arm, it should get rid of that play that you have.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys today raced a G4RS09 fr the first time.

Great experience until a-main, i was on 2nd place of a 30 minutes a-main, when my 2 speed gearbox started to fail, ended last 15 minutes on 1st gear ... the 2 speed box seems to be fine "by eye" but it doesnt make the switch to 2nd , any tip ?, ended on 5th place ...

thanks,
Old 11-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default g4rs 2speed

the 2speed works by centrifugal force and shifts by engine rpm. try adjusting the screws on the 2 speed shoes out 1/4 @ a time, untill it shifts where you want it to. there can be other reasons its not shifting. like gearing. so let us know if that worked or not.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roach
the 2speed works by centrifugal force and shifts by engine rpm. try adjusting the screws on the 2 speed shoes out 1/4 @ a time, untill it shifts where you want it to. there can be other reasons its not shifting. like gearing. so let us know if that worked or not.
Could be a oneway bearing problem?
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Could be a oneway bearing problem?
It could also be that the inside the two speed housing gets a little oily (a common problem with some cars) from fuel or freshly oiled bearings. Scrape the surface of the 2 speed clutch shoes clean with a knife, and clean the inside of the housing with Methylated spirits, and see if helps.

We have to do this a lot in our Kyosho, and a mate of mine has the same problem every time he services and oils his two speed housing bearings in an XRay NT1.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys today raced a G4RS09 fr the first time.

Great experience until a-main, i was on 2nd place of a 30 minutes a-main, when my 2 speed gearbox started to fail, ended last 15 minutes on 1st gear ... the 2 speed box seems to be fine "by eye" but it doesnt make the switch to 2nd , any tip ?, ended on 5th place ...

thanks,
i had the same thing happen to me i changed to the kfactory light weight oneway and lightweight 2 speed housing and it way better now

k14239
k14240
Old 11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Default First Gear Oneway

I as a rule of thumb drop a few drops of oneway lube on the oneway,thats just me i guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.