Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Awesome.. are you driving, flying.. where are you staying? There's room at my place if you want to save a few coins!!

TrackSideRC opens at around 9am and hence the track is open 7 days a week for practice. There's no 12v outside of events and for 240V you should look to the tyre truing area where there's a power point, it can be arranged to be on.

Your default Moorebank setup should come close to the mark, perhaps a suspension softer as we are slightly bumpier than silky smooth Moorebank but it's not too bad. You'll be entering MUGEN territory... So beware!!

Looking forward to meeting up in the garages!!! There might be a chance a practice session goes into the evenings under lights too! Depends on how many at the track. We are currently exploring a new timing system and results will be posted regardless.

h
Attachment 621833
thanks mate for all the info and yes our set up is a lot softer than most guys at moorebank ( I love marshmellows). Lately i have being taken in some advice from timothly lee. And since then the car has come leaps and bounds. it sounds great about night practice, they go a lot harder at night.

Thanks for the offer for the spare room as my father relation has a three bedroom house. one for me, one for dad and one for the car.
And yes we will be driving up, as now i have my license we can share.

Thanks mate for replying, good to here from you. Hope to see you and guy up there hoping guy is in my heat again.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Dario is 11th after 5th round at the worlds
Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default :)

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
Dario is 11th after 5th round at the worlds
Gilletti didnt seem to hook up, Dario an awesome position... It's hard on the loyalty though with our Aussie boys all there :/
Old 08-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Guys, this is for a friend.

Between G4RS and G4RS09, the belts are compatible between them ?, if not, do you have the part codes from one and the other on belts ?

thanks a lot,
Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Hi Guys
I ran the car on the weekend and i was very impressed. i improved my laptimes by .3 a second from previous weeks qualifying sessions then was able to get within .2 of the fastest lap in the final.

I wasnt able to push the car as hard as i had an off power oversteer issue which after a few changes is getting better.

i have a few things to try next club day:
-short rear camber link as im running close to 5 degrees rear camber trying to keep the tires wearing flat
-going from 60k rear diff to 80k really settled the car down so i will try the 100k (xray oils)
- wider front track width as im running 197.5 . i will widen it to 199
- a bit more caster

The car has plenty of front grip so i just have to find the sweet balance spot. i will post my setup when i get a chance
Old 08-02-2010, 04:44 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hello Guys, this is for a friend.

Between G4RS and G4RS09, the belts are compatible between them ?, if not, do you have the part codes from one and the other on belts ?

thanks a lot,
Hi Pato,

Unfortunately, almost nothing is compatible between RS and RS2009 or so called RSII, which actually should've been called G5 to avoid confusion.

Part numbers for RS:
K1493 front belt
K1494 side belt
K1495 rear belt

Part numbers for RS2009:
504069 front
504116 side
504072 rear

Saludos
AFM
Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure if anybody else has had this issue but I have had issues with the Diff in the Rear of my G4RS 09.

The issue I found was due to the Belt Tensioners being around the wrong way... now what I mean by that is that each Orange belt tensioner has a very mild notched mark in it at the top side which is marked inside the "serated circle"... initially I set these at the top of the Diff which then rubbed on the actually chasis plate... when I reversed it so that they are now both at the bottom the Diff freed up and now spins beautifully.

I have highlighted them as they appear in the manual below. These must sit at the bottom of the Diff Bulkhead 504057.

Hope this helps folks with assembly.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Glad to see you back

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi Guys
I ran the car on the weekend and i was very impressed. i improved my laptimes by .3 a second from previous weeks qualifying sessions then was able to get within .2 of the fastest lap in the final.

I wasnt able to push the car as hard as i had an off power oversteer issue which after a few changes is getting better.

i have a few things to try next club day:
-short rear camber link as im running close to 5 degrees rear camber trying to keep the tires wearing flat
-going from 60k rear diff to 80k really settled the car down so i will try the 100k (xray oils)
- wider front track width as im running 197.5 . i will widen it to 199
- a bit more caster

The car has plenty of front grip so i just have to find the sweet balance spot. i will post my setup when i get a chance
Try new front rollbar,thumbs up for this hopup,if you come across some 1/8kysoho evolva shocks, with these shocks i am able to use x-ray,kyosho,an serpent springs,also i like them because, you have short shock bodies in the front an long shock bodies in the rear.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

is the new front roll bar thicker or thinner?

i have been running the xray blue which is the softest, i then went 1 spring harder up front trying to remove some front grip

standard shocks are fine
Old 08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Softer too me

Originally Posted by mrgsr
is the new front roll bar thicker or thinner?

i have been running the xray blue which is the softest, i then went 1 spring harder up front trying to remove some front grip

standard shocks are fine
The are 2 blade bars that are adjustable which i like because they super easy to get to them.Have you messed with the rollcenter adjustments yet.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

yeh the rear roll centre link is long on the top
i tried 2mm spacer on teh hub down to 1mm spacer on the hub but didnt notice much change

the front is still standard

wher are your rc ?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

I did have that before before but really didnt try it enough..to me it looks like too many things can go wrong with it

iw ould like to see front wire bars
Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default G4RS 2009

Hi all,

I am involved with the new distributors of Team magic in south africa, i'm promoting the product by racing the car for them in our national and regional series.

I love the car, easy to drive and the box setup gives plenty steering, I can put the car where I want it.

The advice I need is on the biggest problem I have. I think vibrations are causing interference with the reciever, at full throttle the sterring goes crazy and the throttle stays wide open, this only happens when the engine is started, what could be the problem? and how can I solve it?

Rowan
Old 08-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Rowan, yes its a great car

I would check that your receiver is not loose inside the already tight box. check all your cabling is neat and that there are no loose plugs or cuts in the cable.

ive had 2 g4rs09 and haent had that issue or heard of it either
Old 08-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Well I know its no loose connections on cuts in the plug wires because I ran the same electronic setup in my Mugen yesterday without any issues what so ever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.