Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by impalabob64
The track ,how was the traction 35frt & 37rear wow thats soft.What size did you cut you tires down too.How does the Civic compare to the Stratus.Also thanks for all the R&D reports keep the coming guys.
I only have the civics 4 total I will probably purchase the stratus but later on. I did get a little cocky today and had a little crash my car flip about 100 times from my point of view but I only broke a front lower arm and the front right post good thing I ordered extras.

So how is your car Impalabob64? have you tried it yet? what you like or dislike about it. now that I have shown my bothers what this baby can do, they will both get one
Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HI
I have run the car today and it was awesome, it was going like it was on the train track. Even with the stock set up!!! I think TM is so close to the best car ever!!!
But, i still have my clutch problem First i forgot to cut the clutch shoes, it was my mistake. But even after cutting them, the clutch wasnt engaging. Then i installed the K factory teflon centrifugal shoes and it was working like a clock. No problems at all. Then i reinstall the original shoes, didnt engage at all. I do intall them as it is shown on the manual but still doesnt work. Dont know what to do !!!

BUt the car is awesome !!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

mettuchi contact tm and i am sure that they will be willing to help you and fellow tm racers with this problem
Old 07-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mettuchi
HI
I have run the car today and it was awesome, it was going like it was on the train track. Even with the stock set up!!! I think TM is so close to the best car ever!!!
But, i still have my clutch problem First i forgot to cut the clutch shoes, it was my mistake. But even after cutting them, the clutch wasnt engaging. Then i installed the K factory teflon centrifugal shoes and it was working like a clock. No problems at all. Then i reinstall the original shoes, didnt engage at all. I do intall them as it is shown on the manual but still doesnt work. Dont know what to do !!!

Hi metucchi, can you take a picture of how you cut and installed your clutch shoe? it would be easier to help you if we can see what you did. also remember that you will have to adjust your clutch spring.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
You are correct that is what happened to mettuchi, I though he had told me that he had cut 504044 I was like NOOOOO . but the shoe 504042 needs to be cut before installing
Is it true you have to cut them yourself, they don't come pre cut? Sounds like they found a problem after they probably made like a million of them so they left that step to the end user.

What does cutting the round shoe do? I too would be worried to do this
Old 07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

HI

you're talking about the shoe or the throw-out weights?
anyway check that those are not binding with the flywheel pins.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by keavze
you're talking about the shoe or the throw-out weights?
anyway check that those are not binding with the flywheel pins.
here is the picture of how the centrifugal shoes should look like or throw out weights.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
here is the picture of how the centrifugal shoes should look like or throw out weights.
oh, TM changed to the 'style' that XRAY is using in their XCA clutch where the flywheel pins will go through a hole in the weights.

actually any difference if the weight sits between 2 pins or the pin going through the hole?
isn't the weight will be 'thown-out' more evenly and consistant if it sits between the 2 pins? anyway i'm not sure...

Last edited by keavze; 07-05-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: 1 more qn.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

oh, TM changed to the 'style' that XRAY is using in their XCA clutch where the flywheel pins will go through a hole in the weights.

actually any difference if the weight sits between 2 pins or the pin going through the hole?
isn't the weight will be 'thown-out' more evenly and consistant if it sits between the 2 pins? anyway i'm not sure...
its not like the UFO , the throw out needs to pivot on the pin to try to come out of the flywheel, causing the clutch to engage. the UFO throw outs were sliding outwards. So it needs to be in either end of the throw out shoe. there will be more tuning to make them throw out the other way. same way as rotation.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
its not like the UFO , the throw out needs to pivot on the pin to try to come out of the flywheel, causing the clutch to engage. the UFO throw outs were sliding outwards. So it needs to be in either end of the throw out shoe. there will be more tuning to make them throw out the other way. same way as rotation.
hmm, but the later batches of RS08 and +evo didn't have the ufo clutches and their throw-outs sit between 2 pins.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hmm, but the later batches of RS08 and +evo didn't have the ufo clutches and their throw-outs sit between 2 pins.
it would make more sense to have them between the pins, rather than on the pic posted. i guess it gives you more than 1 option of flyout operation putting the flyouts in the middle hole in the pin, i cant see it working the clutch at all. cant pivot, cant slide outwards. the shoes would have to be cut down to sit inbetween the pins.
unfortunately i havent kept up to date with the TM since the G4RS. seems so many cars since
Old 07-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Better now?

HI

I would think it is too tight (out of the box) and might add weights to outer part of shoe if needed. By using a post the shoe's outward radial centrigual force is pulled inward on an arc, the engine is accelerating though so the dynamics of what will happen to the shoes will be very interesting. May be a matter of "running in" the shoes with a loose tension and tighten them up as they mould into shape.

I would think worn in shoes develop a slight curvature and can see Teflon ones in my inbox pretty soon. Pics..First time Ive seen the clutch in detail ...
Old 07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

This is the same type of clutch Serpent calls Centax III and uses from 710 time till now.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

I've just started to build the RS and found there are some gap from the middle shaft. Should i actually shim it to make it fit

herewith the pic

Secondly, appreciate if someone could provide the diamension for the linkage bending.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4RS 2009-sl370643.jpg  
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iphoone
I've just started to build the RS and found there are some gap from the middle shaft. Should i actually shim it to make it fit

herewith the pic

Secondly, appreciate if someone could provide the diamension for the linkage bending.
I did not,

I did 40 degree bents first 40mm from the tip of where you screw your ball end I will post a pic if you need to see it. Let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.