Team Magic G4RS 2009 >

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aizenbelle

PART 2 SHOCKS COME PRE-BUILD ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS FILL THEM WITH THE PROVIDED SHOCK FLUID OR USE THE ONE OF YOUR CHOICE.
another tip I would still measure the shocks to make sure they are all equal in length
Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GMartinez
another tip I would still measure the shocks to make sure they are all equal in length
Yes do make sure!! same length, Thanks to my handy caliper everything is accurate
Old 06-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

We have been getting a bunch of emails about the car not being available. We do still have some. We got such a great response for our pre orders that we ended up purchasing twice as many as planned. We started to build one and noticed that the way the parts are packaged you end up with a lot of loose parts so we are making this offer: If you remember to ask for it when ordering a new G4RS we will include a free H9201 parts box / car stand. We have also gotten some emails stating that the car is a bit "basic". We have already started designing and machining some aluminum and Titanium parts for the car. Several prototype parts are being machined today. To get an idea of what we are talking about please check our web site under the Wolf Hobbies Parts section:

http://www.wolfhobbies.com/cart.cgi?group=0&child=7087

They should be available for purchase before the end of July. We welcome input as to which parts we produce first. Please email us directly as we cannot check the forums as often as we would like. Also we would like to expand our Team Captain program for racers that are familiar with the new G4. Please check the web site for details. We look forward to hearing from all of you.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by freestyles
Thanks gtrmx that's some good feedback and some very helpfull tips. By the sounds of it TM are heading in the right direction except maybe for the allum. 2 speed shaft Why you would make that one out of light alluminium to try and save weight. Any gain is probably lost by the heavy steel middle shaft

PS: Is the tank made of lexan or just a very, very clear plastic?

Impalabob64: Have you tried imageshack. It's an image hosting site and is very easy to use. It will be the only way to get pics up. Any other image hosting programme should work aswell.
It is very very clear plastic. It's hard to see in the pictures, but the tank actually gas wave-breaking walls inside, which are part of that half of the tank. I am sure the parts are not vacuum-formed but molded and then glued together.

I am fairly certain the aluminum middle shaft is in the works.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

PART 2 SHOCKS COME PRE-BUILD ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS FILL THEM WITH THE PROVIDED SHOCK FLUID OR USE THE ONE OF YOUR CHOICE.
I'm curious, is that your working table?? hahaha!! It's very slick! Or is it just background for the pictures? Either way, parts are very easily seen.

Don't you love how those orange eccentrics look over white background and black parts? Haha!!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtrmx
I'm curious, is that your working table?? hahaha!! It's very slick! Or is it just background for the pictures? Either way, parts are very easily seen.

Don't you love how those orange eccentrics look over white background and black parts? Haha!!
it is my working table it is made of High Impact Styrene with lights attached to the bottom!!!!!!! Best working table any one can ask for.

I am still going at it I will post more pictures tomorrow. I have also ordered a lipo battery and I will probably also upgrade the bearings but everything else looks top notch.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

I forgot to mention something...

I have compared the old G4 ED transmission pinions with the new parts and found out that the new second gear pinion is slightly larger in diameter, but the first gear pinions are very close in size.

However, I also checked if you could use the ED first gear pinions in the new clutch bell. Well, the thread portion of the pinion is of different diameter as well, so no, you cannot mix any gears or reuse any left-overs.

The new clutch bell is also larger and so is the clutch shoe. This is an all new assembly that is closer in dimensions to MTX-4 and RRR's clutches. I have some clutch parts from those cars laying around that I may be curious to compare later.

It is to be expected then that the engine mounts are taller to allow clearance for the larger flywheel.

The included green clutch spring seems to be stiffer than the old yellow one, but I can confirm that at a later stage, too. It's trick looking too!!

Too bad I will not be able to use my old G4 clutches. Actually, I have been using those in my RRR, with a suitable clutch bell by KFactory. Our home track has a low traction surface and the relatively small clutch from old G4 was more than enough to get the work done without braking traction or loosing performance. I have seen a very good driver with very strong after-market clutches in his RRR de-tune or loosen up a bit the engagement to prevent the rear end from kicking around. So this is one part that I will miss for sure, along with the KFactory engine mount I have been using as well. Our home town is close to a mile high so the engines are not as strong as they can be at sea level. Again, another reason for the old G4 clutch to be quite enough. Smaller flywheel meant being able to lower the engine a bit...

Gotta board a plane now... see you!!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey

I guess now they need to see it on the track you checkout the gearchart wow.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by impalabob64
I guess now they need to see it on the track you checkout the gearchart wow.
Have you tried yours yet? The gear chart is good but I did not ordered the different gears as of yet.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Not yet

Have you tried yours yet? The gear chart is good but I did not ordered the different gears as of yet.
Waitin for my STS S12X3Team
Old 07-01-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

come on we want more pictures!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Suspended

Thanks to everyone for post info about their build. Looking forward to getting mine now. I hope to have it by the weekend.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Default July specials

Hey ,Bobby here talked to Anna from Machinaria, she said they are having a 4th of July special this week ,give her a call she can help with all you needs for the G4RS 2009 an, the New STS S12X3.{1-571-594-3377:
Old 07-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Those shocks look sweeeet, I love white springs And another thing i didn't see that i really like with this new model is the open ball cups instead of those disgusting hex ball studs from their older models. It's little things like this that will make the car easy and enjoyable to work on.

I need another fix please more pics

Last edited by freestyles; 07-01-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

some more pictures from last night

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.