Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:25 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitoriousRC
Hi all, just finished putting the Lola Conversion Kit on my car, and it's looking sweet!

I am thinking of putting new shock oils in now and am wondering what would be a good oil weight considering i run on a tight track that is a bit bumpy and varying grip levels (depending on how much methanol gets sprayed on).

/edit

Oh and does anyone have any thoughts on running a solid rear diff? One came with the conversion kit but at the moment i still have the front and rear diffs in.

I was contemplating changing to the front solid diff so didnt want to have solids all the way round.
Any thoughts on that?

Hi Nitorious

I'd think of trying 250 to 300 shock oil and try a set of 25LB springs front and back. Lay the shocks over and run a bit extra droop front and back. This is what I run at my local track which is a bit bumpy. The lola conversion has the bodies downforce applied directly to the hubs so soft springs will work well.

With this kit and 220mm body/tyres go with the one way and rear spool. If 200mm lola body and 26mm/30mm tyres go with front and rear diffs.

Good luck and post your outcome.

Adrian
Old 01-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ended up running the rear end bits minus the solid diff and also the front shock mount but kept the stock bumper setup as i had to run my standard sedan body because I havent started to paint my lola yet.

The shocks now are mounted at the top most hole front and back because they lined up with how i had them set in the bottom holes in the old mounts.
Should i be leaning hem over more?

Also didn't get to change springs and shock oils yet and the car was a bit of a bugger with not much grip on the track.

I kept on loosing the rear end... i found i had to keep some power on around the corners to stop it (which isnt a bad thing).
I guess i had less grip at the back because the downforce is no longer compressing the shocks so it was too stiff and didnt wanna roll with the punches and grip.

Will change bits out this week ... may try the stock kyoshov1rr springs in the rear and the 300 shock oil and see what happens.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:12 AM
abi
Tech Adept

I ended up running the rear end bits minus the solid diff and also the front shock mount but kept the stock bumper setup as i had to run my standard sedan body because I havent started to paint my lola yet.

The shocks now are mounted at the top most hole front and back because they lined up with how i had them set in the bottom holes in the old mounts.
Should i be leaning hem over more?

Also didn't get to change springs and shock oils yet and the car was a bit of a bugger with not much grip on the track.

I kept on loosing the rear end... i found i had to keep some power on around the corners to stop it (which isnt a bad thing).
I guess i had less grip at the back because the downforce is no longer compressing the shocks so it was too stiff and didnt wanna roll with the punches and grip.

Will change bits out this week ... may try the stock kyoshov1rr springs in the rear and the 300 shock oil and see what happens.
Perhaps double check the rear floating body post doesent bind the rear suspension, this can cause the rear to slide. I wouldnt worry too much until you get that lola body fitted though.

Adrian
Old 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

hey guys i have had a lot of ppl asking about my packs im going to have 40 packs made up in the next 2 weeks

the price will be $25 shipped anywhere in the world all packs come charged and ready to go and if you need it to have a different type of plug on it i can do that for you all my packs are cover for 60 days from the time you get it in your hands

6.6 volt A123 life packs
1600Mah
2.099 in long
1.109 in wide

thanks

Tuan Do
Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

any of you guys running the protoform p56 body on there car i just mounted mine and its like it dont fit right and there is like no space for the front bumper

Old 01-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

it really looks like its mounted too far backward.
some bodies i have used with my 733 mounting them as per pre marked holes, i have had to trim the bumper a little. but yours looks too far rearward mounted.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
it really looks like its mounted too far backward.
some bodies i have used with my 733 mounting them as per pre marked holes, i have had to trim the bumper a little. but yours looks too far rearward mounted.
well it sit's right now but still the room for the bumper is the same
Old 01-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by td-civ
well it sit's right now but still the room for the bumper is the same
first pic shows me your arch cut out for front tyres, actually sits or touches the front, but a 3-4mm gap on the other side, if the body came forward 3-4 mm then id say you will have more room for your bumper as well
Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by abi
The G4 has plenty of life to run, the current itteration is the 'G4D' model 502090 based on the G4JR but with a pull start .15 GO engine. Only problem is the Ahhmm... tyres have very low grip levels!
Adrian:

Tis all good i have rejoined the loyal Team Magic followers and will be hitting the track this Wednesday for a full shake down...

Thanks
Andrew
Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Mines a Protoform P56 as well, and it does press a bit back on the corners of the front bumper ... but nothing major.
I brought a G4 bumper recently which is a bit stiffer (but has different mount holes) and at around $4 its cheap enough to cut them to fit different shells

Yours looks very cool btw!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Mines a Protoform P56 as well, and it does press a bit back on the corners of the front bumper ... but nothing major.
I brought a G4 bumper recently which is a bit stiffer (but has different mount holes) and at around $4 its cheap enough to cut them to fit different shells

Yours looks very cool btw!

thanks man my painter did up 3 bodys for me i just took a hpi sprint 2 bumper and cut it up to fit it stiffer so it should be good
Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by td-civ
hey guys i have had a lot of ppl asking about my packs im going to have 40 packs made up in the next 2 weeks

the price will be $25 shipped anywhere in the world all packs come charged and ready to go and if you need it to have a different type of plug on it i can do that for you all my packs are cover for 60 days from the time you get it in your hands

6.6 volt A123 life packs
1600Mah
2.099 in long
1.109 in wide

thanks

Tuan Do
Hi Tuan,

what is the height and weight of the Fe packs?

Cheers

Adrian.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by abi
Hi Tuan,

what is the height and weight of the Fe packs?

Cheers

Adrian.

6.6 volt A123 life packs
1600Mah
2.099 in long
1.109 in wide
0.572 in height
i dont have my scale on me but the pack weight as much as a AA battery way less then a lipo
Old 01-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Can't wait till tomorrow for my 2009 maiden voyage!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

All the best for the maiden man, remember to check it all over and make sure the failsafe is set if you have one~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.