Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intellect 4200 cells

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Intellect 4200 cells

I have some questions about Intellect 4200 cells. I have a number of these cells from packs that were returned to the wholesellers. I got them free-but of coarse they aren't new and I have to break down the packs. 1. what temp will they normally get to while being charged? 2. Are "hot" cells bad? 3.What is a good charge rate-4.2 amps? 4.How far past 4200 mah should they be allowed to go? Thanks, Don
Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Don, I just got back into the RC thing about a year ago and have done a little research on the battery thing, no hotter than 125 degrees and I charge them at 6 amps and have to be cycled at least once a week to keep them up. When I got a bunch of dead ones in the mail recently I ran 2 cycles on them on a CE Turbo35 BL and I did it once on a Tuesday and then again on Thursday. They all came back to life and are getting stronger every time I charge them. I am running the 4 cell 4200 and 4600 packs in a 12th scale and at 8 minutes I dumped only once and it was my fault because I didn't cycle them on Wednesday like I usually do. John
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Hi John, should I throw out the cells that go above 125 degrees? Should I let them continue charging past 4200 mah or does that simply lead to more heat? Thanks, Don