OFNA CD3

Old 06-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default OFNA CD3

did they discontinue the cd3? if so how long ago?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by no.1chuy
did they discontinue the cd3? if so how long ago?
yes they did, at least 2 years ago maybe more.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did you need parts or do want to buy the car? www.amainhobbies.com sells the car and parts and www.nitrohouse.com still sells parts.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Amainhobbies.com has a great price for the CD3.
Nitrohouse has a great price for the LD3.
Both are great parkinglot bashers, because they
have steel diff. gears and are alot of fun to drive.
Add an O.S 18tz and you have got yourself a
parkinglot rocket.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rageworks
Amainhobbies.com has a great price for the CD3.
Nitrohouse has a great price for the LD3.
Both are great parkinglot bashers, because they
have steel diff. gears and are alot of fun to drive.
Add an O.S 18tz and you have got yourself a
parkinglot rocket.
.......... Or a .21 because it can handle it.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

since this car is discontinued does that mean its going to get hard to find parts for them? im thinking about geting one but i dont want to get it if its going to be impossible to find parts. and for that price maybe i can convince my bro to get one too

Last edited by no.1chuy; 06-17-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Parts for the CD3 have are available from nitrohouse. They have always been a major supplier of CD3 parts. I have never had a problem getting parts from them. I was racing as my main 1/10 sedan touring car until this season. I still have my CD3's as backup cars.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

what about in one or two years would parts still be readly available? which chassis is newer or better cd3 or ld3? or is there any other car for that price ($170) that i should be looking at?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Rookie

the ofn hyper $770 and thats on sale when everybody says this is an expensive hobby you guys werent joking!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

what about in one or two years would parts still be readly available? which chassis is newer or better cd3 or ld3? or is there any other car for that price ($170) that i should be looking at?
All cars fade out at some point. What you hope for when you buy a car is that the manufactor makes it possible to upgrade your car to the new model. That is not always possible.

The fact that the car is still around is a testement to is popularity and value.

To say if parts will be around in two years on an over 5 year old car is impossible to predict, but for the price tag and like many have already stated.....this car is a good bang for the buck. Great for causal RC'ers and great for the "Parking lot bashers"

Buy the car. Get you a few spare partes now.....like, front and back, shock towers, and steering arms. Those are the parts that get broke the most on most RC cars.

Then drop you a nice engine in there and away you go!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Also if you need a radio for your car(s), I have some decent AM radio's i'm trying to get ride of. Nothing groundbreaking, but the price is right. PM me for details. I may put them up on for sale section soon.

Last edited by Kyo83; 06-19-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info bro. i dont think in going to get the car till next month now. fixin my other rc cars first....i crashed! both of them
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 122 (100%+)
Default Go for the CD3

The CD3 is newer of the two and should be easier to upgrade engine/pipe wise. When upgrading the engine with a rear exhaust, the header bends 180 degrees. For the LD3, the header bends 180 degrees and the the pipe bends another 180 degrees. This is because the CD3 has the engine on the right of the shaft facing forward (like the current HPI's) and the LD3 has the engine on the left of the shaft facing the rear(like the NTC3). Nitrohouse is the place to go for all of the parts, I 'm still able to get parts for my OB4's there.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nitrohouse is definitely the place to go for CD3 or LD3 parts. I know I hit them up every other week when I ran the car a few years ago. Of the two, I'd shoot for the CD3. The Pro version has a bunch of hop ups and the 0.8 gears and power (centax) clutch, which is nice. You can also still find Novarossi pipes for the car online that should work. My advice from experience: Don't bother with the aluminum/carbon fiber shock towers. I managed to snap 3 in a year. The plastic ones on the car? Never broke one in 5 years.

Is it older? Yes. Is it still competitive? Well.....depends on what you're planning to do. It's a great basher car, and can do some racing (depending on the level of competition in your area), but it's no Mugen, Kyosho, Xray or Serpent. I had plenty of fun with mine and will probably rebuild it soon to let others run it at my track while I run my MTX4
Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Rookie

i dont think im going to do any racing maybe just an amature race but nuthing big time im barly getting started in this hobby n this seems like a great start up car.