All about Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default All about Batteries

Leaving Lipos out of the pictures.

Would the Gurus here help?

Between Nicds and NImh, which would be a better choice?

Also which brands should I be going after? Team Orions? heard good stuff about them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Nicd.

Better discharge rate, more forgiving, not as fussy to balance all the time, you can forget about them for years and then just cycle them a couple of times and they come back to life, not so sensitive to heat.

Only one downside (important one though). They don't come in high capacity to match Nimh. Actually I have never seen anything above 2400mAh and that is barely enough for a 5 minute race in stock (27 turn) on a twisty track (a lot of brake/acceleration which sucks a lot more energy than an open high speed track). For silvercan and possibly mini I would just race my old Nicd (the more so since their weight would help with traction issues as well).
Old 06-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool 1 cell Lipo's for Onroad?

Who makes good one cell lipo's for onroad?

Jeremy

Originally Posted by niznai
Nicd.

Better discharge rate, more forgiving, not as fussy to balance all the time, you can forget about them for years and then just cycle them a couple of times and they come back to life, not so sensitive to heat.

Only one downside (important one though). They don't come in high capacity to match Nimh. Actually I have never seen anything above 2400mAh and that is barely enough for a 5 minute race in stock (27 turn) on a twisty track (a lot of brake/acceleration which sucks a lot more energy than an open high speed track). For silvercan and possibly mini I would just race my old Nicd (the more so since their weight would help with traction issues as well).