Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo's in 17.5 class

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Possibly, although I could be down getting some work done on the new track at the Parks though yet.

You will see me before the State titles, although I might not want to show my hand to Scott yet seing he mentioned he is the current leader of the stock class up there
Old 06-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
Possibly, although I could be down getting some work done on the new track at the Parks though yet.

You will see me before the State titles, although I might not want to show my hand to Scott yet seing he mentioned he is the current leader of the stock class up there
If I get beaten, so be it. I quite like close racing
Old 06-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Bit off topic here but

Originally Posted by paraletic
yea your brushed set up has been flying lately getting some quite good lap times.
do you think the weight difference between the smaller lipo packs would give it the advantage over the larger lipo packs or have you weighted them all the same?
And to think the car is quite tired and needs some major TLC. I have the smaller 20c packs weighted up for mini and they are actually heavier than my non weighted IP packs.

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
If I get beaten, so be it. I quite like close racing
Your getting it handed to you fortnightly lately between me and that Dodgy side swiping bond brother Now that we are half way with possibly 10 rounds to go still its on for young and old.

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
Hopefully with any luck I'll be able to keep up to you during the states which hopefully shouldn't be to hard as the 2009 RRCSA Stock Tourer championship leader
That sounds lovely now Scott but we will see how the rest of the season goes I don't think ill be running mini for many more rounds. I think i've got the champs sown up with a couple of more round wins there pity there has been so few running AERCCC is gonna be the hot ticket for Mini racing though.

Originally Posted by paraletic
been a fair few turning up for stock class, its been great.

I love mini but im having so much fun running stock that i don't want to give that up and im getting sick of those stair's. That and not being able to work on my car at all between heats. I need some adjustments to my set up to go faster ALA the hints Sam gave you last meet that saw you jump lap times a bit. So little time, so much racing. See you all at the track.

Peace Benzaah
Old 10-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bit of an old thread, but just thought with the 40c's being out for a while now and with 50c and even 60c's being offered I thought i'd bump this back up too see what peoples opinions of these new batteries are now. (seeing as people may have had more time too try them now)

ie: testing in race conditions and back too back testing between diff c ratings and brands etc.

Cheers.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

this is quite an interesting subject, i personally think it may have more to do with the composition of the packs. I have seen cheepo zippy 4000mah 25c run better then a reedy 35c 5000mah pack in 17.5 class. i get more pull from my digity 5300mah 28c then my buddys TP 40c that he let me try, then i got my doors blown off down the straight with a similar setup as mine with one of those new 65c batts.

I was talking to a factory driver tell me his overall lap times in 17.5 are better with a 28-30c batt then a 40c, he said he can get a faster hot lap with 40c but it seems to lose its edge after 1min or so. With the 28c pack he said his hot lap will be about 1/10th off but he can run that time the whole race, he thinks it may be that the 28c heats up more during the run thus lowering the internal resistance and providing better current flow.

It seems to me that if you have two equal mah batts, say 5000, one at 28c and one at 40c with a 17.5, you should get about the same amount of mah used in a given time of race but with the 28c heating up more bringing down the IR should provide more punch then the 40c.