Like Tree2Likes

Corner Speed?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

ah or you could just adjust your dragbrake...
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Out of interest, why are you running a diff in the front?

No-one runs diff's in the front, only the foam guys do that.
It's spool all the way.
That would make the car more stable so you can adjust the suspension and reduce rear toe etc so you can get the car to rotate more easily while carrying a bit more corner speed.

Springs, go up one rate at both ends and try running 5w thicker front oil.

Skiddins
Old 06-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got a race tomorrow so I will check out the new settings I'm trying, will keep you posted. At the moment I am running a diff because I haven't put out the money for a spool, so my options are diff or oneway, what would you recommend of the two for medium to high grip asphalt and more technical than flowing? And why?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rockstar81
Got a race tomorrow so I will check out the new settings I'm trying, will keep you posted. At the moment I am running a diff because I haven't put out the money for a spool, so my options are diff or oneway, what would you recommend of the two for medium to high grip asphalt and more technical than flowing? And why?
Try a slipper spool in front.pads or even cardboard instead of balls.Its easy and free-.It works too.
As for the two options you mention I would run diff's just for the brakes-
Old 06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Put the front and rear stands/posts. You got way too much flex in the chassis.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rockstar81
If you're not used to a oneway, better stick with the diff. Learning to drive a one way is not best done during a race.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GasGod
Try a slipper spool in front.pads or even cardboard instead of balls.Its easy and free-.It works too.
As for the two options you mention I would run diff's just for the brakes-
+1, cardboard works awesome if done properly. One could also try a very tight front diff.

Last night I went practising and I tried to replace my springs by others just a bit softer all around but adding antiroll bars on both ends at the same time (same rate front and rear). The car gained so much speed in the corners that it seemed like I had put another motor in it, just impressive. (IMO if antiroll bars are to be used ,F+R should be used at the same time in 90% of the cases to keep the balance of your car. Hope this makes sense )
airbiscuit likes this.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tried running a super tight diff in the front and it helped quite a bit, but my corner speed is still not what I have seen out of this very model of car. Not sure what to try next.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

the tight diff / spool seems more to me like a way to dive super hard into the corner to the apex, thanks to the braking effect of the steered front wheels, and thus moving weight forward during that particular moment... just easier.

For corner speed, what i would do is try very thin antiroll bars for a start, then go thicker if needed, or remove them if you're not satisfied...

keeps us informed of your progress !
airbiscuit likes this.