Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washing Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Washing Bodies

Hey everyone well yesterday was the first time i ever painted a body. My color of choice was a simple red and i would put black to make the red shine more, but somehow i used temporary black paint to finish it off. so i was wondering it is ok if wash the black paint off and the orignal red will be ok
Old 06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smitty1092
Hey everyone well yesterday was the first time i ever painted a body. My color of choice was a simple red and i would put black to make the red shine more, but somehow i used temporary black paint to finish it off. so i was wondering it is ok if wash the black paint off and the orignal red will be ok
I would not risk it, considering that a solvent (even water) may make the different paint colors blend.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Depending on the type of paint you used I would agree with A_main.
If you used a solvent based red and an acrylic black then you could get away with it.

If both your colors are acrylic based then you will probably remove both colors when only trying to remove the black.

If you are worried about the blacks durability since shot a couple layers of Rust O-Leum crystal clear enamel over the top of it. This will seal your paint and make it very durable.