Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
V-One RRR vs G4 Evo+ calling owners >

V-One RRR vs G4 Evo+ calling owners

V-One RRR vs G4 Evo+ calling owners

Old 06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

you surely must have been having some sort of problem in your gear mesh or drive shaft or something but cant argue with you since i did the same thing as you(i got the nt1) when i got the chance
Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Speyederjedi;5944797]
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Stick with the Kyosho, and forget about the TM.[/QUOTE

++1

Support on parts from TM is a joke. Stick with Kyosho. I had a G4RS and it was the biggest dissappoinment. My buddies started refering to me as Team Tragic because the kit let me down every time I put it on the track. it couldn't get thru a 5 minute qualifier without stripping a gear. And there was never an issue with my gear mesh setting. I'm back to running a Kyosho RRR Evo 2 and couldn't be happier. Have had the RRR since last October and have stripped 1 gear due to debri on the track.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

only 1 gear stripped I dont think you run your car enough
Old 06-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Speyederjedi;5944797]
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Stick with the Kyosho, and forget about the TM.[/QUOTE

++1

Support on parts from TM is a joke. Stick with Kyosho. I had a G4RS and it was the biggest dissappoinment. My buddies started refering to me as Team Tragic because the kit let me down every time I put it on the track. it couldn't get thru a 5 minute qualifier without stripping a gear. And there was never an issue with my gear mesh setting. I'm back to running a Kyosho RRR Evo 2 and couldn't be happier. Have had the RRR since last October and have stripped 1 gear due to debri on the track.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
heard you got a 'lemon' RS chassis, thus the gears issues.
anyway all kits got their good and bad days, maybe i'm the lucky one, i've no issues with my G4 at all.
from S, RS to +evo...
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default STS D3R .12--"only"

Old 06-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default ...sorry wrong thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=keavze;5945503]
Originally Posted by Speyederjedi

anyway all kits got their good and bad days, maybe i'm the lucky one, i've no issues with my G4 at all.
from S, RS to +evo...
I agree!!! Love my G4+evo
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=aizenbelle;5945430]

only 1 gear stripped I dont think you run your car enough
Actually I race quite a bit. Our local club races every 1st sunday of the month as well as every 2nd and 4th saturday so the kit has seen plenty of track time. I've actually been thru more motors than gears. LOL!

Speyederjedi
Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=keavze;5945503]

from S, RS to +evo...
A lemon, factory defect, inferior materials...whatever it was wasn't good. The chassis did eventually chip right around one of the engine mounting points. Needless to say I have a really nice static model for my office now. LOL!

Speyederjedi
Old 06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

toss the coin.

BOTH CARS ARE FREAKING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:nod
::nod :
Old 06-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

[QUOTE=keavze;5945503]

from S, RS to +evo...
lemon chassis or not, thats more to settings than luck aren't like rrr, g4 clutch tuning is a bit sensitive.
i even use the same gear ratio with 3 different motors,2 gallons done in 7 months, only changed one striped 2nd speed spur.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Initiate

i heard that is hard to get TM parts in states ...but for me cuz I got a friend working at the hobby shop in Taiwan so i'm pretty ez to get all the parts i want ... anyways .. they should fix the part problem if they really want to be a competitive...

Kyosho car which i really like b4 but it is so hard to get parts in Canada and their parts is not that cheap ... I choose TM over kyosho is that the parts I can ezily get and the price is way cheaper .... but kyosho car always haf the quality ...

The only thing about the G4 seris car I don't like is that the reciver is soooooo close to the engine ... saw the G4II that they fix it, put the reciver in the front ... but I like the look of old G4 seris than the new G4II ... haha ...
Well.. for the people want to buy TM wait it till the G4II release ..cuz is a good car
Old 06-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skyshen
i heard that is hard to get TM parts in states ...but for me cuz I got a friend working at the hobby shop in Taiwan so i'm pretty ez to get all the parts i want ... anyways .. they should fix the part problem if they really want to be a competitive...

Kyosho car which i really like b4 but it is so hard to get parts in Canada and their parts is not that cheap ... I choose TM over kyosho is that the parts I can ezily get and the price is way cheaper .... but kyosho car always haf the quality ...

The only thing about the G4 seris car I don't like is that the reciver is soooooo close to the engine ... saw the G4II that they fix it, put the reciver in the front ... but I like the look of old G4 seris than the new G4II ... haha ...
Well.. for the people want to buy TM wait it till the G4II release ..cuz is a good car
I think both the G4+EVO and the RRR are about the same quality. I have not received my G4II yet so I cant comment on that.