Which 1/8th Scale Onroad car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1/8th Scale Onroad car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Jason why is that radical change of opinion?. some weeks ago you used to say such exactly the opposite.

Personal disagreements with retailer o even with the factory dont make a worse car the best for one day to another. am i wrong?

Maybe in other person i can accept it as an opinion but from a guy who promote a car such as the better car of the universe as yourself, simply dont understand why some weeks after, you prefer serpent without having raced it, ro maintained it once

PD: I´m not saying 950R isnt a good car, its a great car undoubtely, having raced several vector kits some season ago i admit serpent is one of the best choice, but personally, after japanese chasis.

PD2: you should excuse my english i know its horrible
Old 01-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

The MRX-3 is still a good car. It handles well in a wide range of setups, even if your setup is not 'spot on', the car will handle well. It's inexpensive and there are lots of companies out there mkaing hop-ups. I have nothing bad to say about the car itself.

Who supports it? Since I have shutdown my site, there is NO WHERE to go. Yea, message boards like this one and others have a message thread on it. But Where is the "official" message board? Where are the team drivers if you want to ask them a question? If you are lucky enough to race with them at an event, the Mugen Team is more than happy to help you, but what about afterwards?

Mugen support sucks.

If I didn't have so much invested between equipment and the website, I would have switched long ago.

Opinions expressed are mine and mine only based off of my own personal experiences. Your milage may vary. Objects appear closer in mirror. Please consult a doctor before taking. To be taken orally only. Please wear your seat belt. Danger of electric shock is exposed.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Suspended

Default the EVOLVA is a new design car,as i

am in the process of building it...i really like the lay daown servos....i will post pics of my EVOLVA ,i think me and a few other people in the USA has one......choco
Old 01-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

jason in that point i agree with you, no info, no good webs, both in kyosho and mugen. Terribly bad webs.

Personally dont need much advise after been racing for 14 years 1:8th on road. But always open to learn new things.

Other thing to buy a car from my point of view is if there are fast guys (not necessary factory drivers) driving the same car, to know tips, set ups etc.

Its a pitty you have closed your web.

web support is a great point from serpent, but there are other important things to decide which car. I know well serpent clutches and serpent gearboxes, and also mugen ones, for example, the same with simplicity to maintain a serpent or a mugen/kyosho, etc. Dont mind if theres no info about a car if it has other better specs in it. But thats my particular point of view, of course if someone is not very experienced and buys a car with no web support, no good drivers to ask to, etc maybe he should decide what he needs more (better support, or the features of the car). Its just a matter of WHO is going to buy an specific car.

PD: Please if i dont express good in english what i pretend, let me know to try to do it in another way

Last edited by A-RASSS; 01-18-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Smile winternats

Hey Michel ( I assume )

Are you gonna team up with Rick at the winternats? Hope to see some pictures on your site afterwards.

Good luck and happy racing in Florida.

Herbie
Old 01-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by saints1115
The reason your getting a killer deal on the Proceed is due to the fact that they`re being dicontinued. Even then they need a lot of hopups to be competitive. Either wait for the new Mugen or get a new 950R Serpent. These are the two with at least some level of support in the U.S.
Where did you hear about the proceed being discontiued? I sent HPI an E-mail and they said there was no plans to discontinue it. Its cheap because its old.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Mugen MRX3 all the way!

This is the only car I would go with. Even though the Serpent 950 and the Kyosho are all equally competitive. But personally, I have been running the MRX-3 for two years now and it is so easy to work on, and the parts are very easy to find. Also, the cost of the parts compared to Serpent parts are excellent.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb Web Support

Originally posted by Manbik
The MRX-3 is still a good car. It handles well in a wide range of setups, even if your setup is not 'spot on', the car will handle well. It's inexpensive and there are lots of companies out there mkaing hop-ups. I have nothing bad to say about the car itself.

Who supports it? Since I have shutdown my site, there is NO WHERE to go. Yea, message boards like this one and others have a message thread on it. But Where is the "official" message board? Where are the team drivers if you want to ask them a question? If you are lucky enough to race with them at an event, the Mugen Team is more than happy to help you, but what about afterwards?

Mugen support sucks.

If I didn't have so much invested between equipment and the website, I would have switched long ago.

Opinions expressed are mine and mine only based off of my own personal experiences. Your milage may vary. Objects appear closer in mirror. Please consult a doctor before taking. To be taken orally only. Please wear your seat belt. Danger of electric shock is exposed.
I agree with Jason 100%!
I personally use both the Mugen and the Serpent but how I wish
I had gotten the same info on my Mugen from the Mugen Site as
much info I got info on my Serpent from MyTSN...

I could say that the Serpent Website Support has been, by far,
the best available at the moment. And if the other manufacturers
would even want to be at par, they certainly have a lot of working
to do. And especially now that MRX3.com site is now closed,
where else can Mugen users (especially new ones) can go.?
Old 02-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Web Support

Originally posted by jwf-ronni
I agree with Jason 100%!
I personally use both the Mugen and the Serpent but how I wish
I had gotten the same info on my Mugen from the Mugen Site as
much info I got info on my Serpent from MyTSN...

I could say that the Serpent Website Support has been, by far,
the best available at the moment. And if the other manufacturers
would even want to be at par, they certainly have a lot of working
to do. And especially now that MRX3.com site is now closed,
where else can Mugen users (especially new ones) can go.?
Well Ron....I say you have to just get one of everything! But really I have found that the MRX is easy to setup and it does work through a variety of setups. Man....I wish there was more support for Mugen stuff though. I guess we are pretty lucky to be where we are. We have got so much local support and yet we still need more info everyday.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Ah Men To that.
I mean What is up with the support from mugen. They think that the car is Top notch { which it is} But you have to understand the car to race it. I can never get the Answer I am looking for from mugen.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by 1fastmugen
Ah Men To that.
I mean What is up with the support from mugen. They think that the car is Top notch { which it is} But you have to understand the car to race it. I can never get the Answer I am looking for from mugen.
Well I do have to at least say that I have never asked any of the "team" guys any questions. Since we have so much local support the really fast guys give us pleabs here at the bottom stuff to shoot for! Always searching for those 14 Second lap times! I guess the mentality from Mugen appears to be that of, if youre a beginner, they have all the support in the world. Other than that you are kind of on your own.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Web Support

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
Well Ron....I say you have to just get one of everything! But really I have found that the MRX is easy to setup and it does work through a variety of setups. Man....I wish there was more support for Mugen stuff though. I guess we are pretty lucky to be where we are. We have got so much local support and yet we still need more info everyday.
With all the MRX3's in our area, help really isn't an issue.We are definitely lucky. If someone is just getting into 1/8th scale, I would have to say the MRX3 is the best car to get. It's just an all around simple car with parts available everywhere.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am suprised that no one has mentioned the SMP Side yet. I have been running one for a while now, and can say that it is just mindblowing.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Nitroaddict,
You should come out to Kissi. Track And show me how well that slide Run. I've never seen anyone run one around here so I can't comment On it. Plus you would have a blast with All the other 1/8 scalers here.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The SMP slide looks like a hell of a race car, I never seen one run before either. Did you get it from ashford hobby? I was thinking about getting one a while back but they were a bit pricey for me...you just can't beat the swiss precision

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.