Wiki Posts
Search

3racing shocks for 18r to short

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 3racing shocks for 18r to short

Just installed these on my 18r and its to short on the back end so had to swap out for some 18t shock shafts and also add shock spacer on the inside to take out some of the droop that came with using the longer shafts,anybody else have this problem.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i've got these shocks on mine...you could unscrew the bottom shock ends a little to give some length
Old 05-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thefnshow
i've got these shocks on mine...you could unscrew the bottom shock ends a little to give some length
Thanks,do you know what oil weight is in the shocks?I replaced it with ae 40wt and using the black springs that came with them and the installed single hole pistons.These shocks are really smooth compared to the stock shocks that stick and leak.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think the stock oil in them is 20-25 wt.?

I ran these on my 18r on a carpet track with foams and yah they were a little shorter then the stock ones but worked so much better and the lower ride height helped stability.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The 3Racing shocks are made more for touring car type racing as opposed to the longer, stock shocks that are made for "rally" driving. My car with the black springs that came with the shocks, shock ends threaded all the way in I was able to get 4.5mm ride height and 3mm droop. Just right for TC racing. To run the longer, stiffer AE springs you need to cut about a coil and a half off of them.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

What oil are you guys running in the shocks.I use a max amps 1550 lipo with quarters glued to the bottom to get the weight back to standard nimh battery weight and get balanced left to right.Thinking about removing the quarters to make car lighter and use 25 wt oil instead of the 40 i have in there now.I added the quarters cause with the lighter lipo and stock shocks my car was sliding all over with no grip but with these new shock that feel lots smoother i'm going to see if i can take advantage of a lighter car and now foam tires.