Wiki Posts
Search

Evolva M3 running

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Here are some items that you fellow adventurers may like.

eM3* Motor mounts transmission adapters. Give it a swing. Brew your own.

You can join the leading edge of 1/8th Electric.

The Empire eM3 will be running at 301 this weekend. Stop by our pits and check it out

* Designed for the Kyosho M3 only. We, also, strongly recommend The Castle MMM Speed controller and 2650KV motor.
Hey Rich...website is looking great...noticed a few more upgrades that are new, nice. I'm waiting for steering turnbuckles and front upper/lower pins with the notches.

Anyhow, how is the eM3? How can I see pics of the eM3? How much are the motor mounts etc. and when could I grab me a set? Is it running 6S Li-po's?

This here is one guy that would like to convert into an eM3
*I would use Flightpower/Trakpower Li-po's and a NEU Motor w/CC ESC...that's about all I use in my Trex 500 Heli!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jt415gz
Hey Rich...website is looking great...noticed a few more upgrades that are new, nice. I'm waiting for steering turnbuckles and front upper/lower pins with the notches.

Anyhow, how is the eM3? How can I see pics of the eM3? How much are the motor mounts etc. and when could I grab me a set? Is it running 6S Li-po's?

This here is one guy that would like to convert into an eM3
*I would use Flightpower/Trakpower Li-po's and a NEU Motor w/CC ESC...that's about all I use in my Trex 500 Heli!
Thanks, the site is working out well. Still some work to do. - we will have our tech section back and using it to keep our fellow Epmire's up to date on our current developments.

I have attached pictures of the eM3 "Davis". PM me and I'll give you a figure for the "hook-up" on the eM3. The car will be back on the track this weekend
(long trip back from the 301 Capitol Classic) and we will continue development. The eM3 "Davis" is still a test bed utilizing a specific battery size.
Attached Thumbnails Evolva M3 running-photo.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Narra
Thanks Buddy! 150$ EACH whoo hoo. is that about right price?
I personally use these...kinda unorthodox for surface models but are meant for helicopters...very fast, high quality and much torque...i use a pair for throttle/steering...think these are the fastest with the most torque servo's today on the market...

only con though, i had to modify my steering servo bracket on the M3 for it too fit...

JR DS8717's are still one of the hottest Cyclic servo's on the market for Air Models...esp. Heli's

-I use a pair of the 8717's as the throttle/steering servo's in my Kyosho Evolva M3 and they are 'a blink of an eye fast'! The only con about them is that I had to shave/trim/modify the steering bracket that comes with the M3 to fit it comfortably onto the chassis as the servo is a little wider than most others...shaved about .8-1mm at the top of bracket to gain more height clearance. But damn good servo's...remember, if they are bought and designed to support a helicopter...you better believe they will do well for surface models.-

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Cyclic-Servo
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

eM3 additional comment.

Pete Seyranian, forum name "East Bay Pete", is working on his own eM3. Pete's car has been clocked at 90 mph on the back straight at the RAMS. He's using a two speed variant of his own design. Pete is one very clever guy. His energy and creativity is awesome. He is running an Eagle Tree data collection unit - the data he is gathering is, well, invaluable in unlocking some of the mysterious power issues we have been experiencing. The amp draw of these beasts is unbelievable. I'll post a photo of his car - but, the data he is generating is his and he is welcome to share it it he chooses - I'm thrilled he has shown me his data.

Good job Pete
Attached Thumbnails Evolva M3 running-ebp.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

eM3 additional comment.

Pete Seyranian, forum name "East Bay Pete", is working on his own eM3. Pete's car has been clocked at 90 mph on the back straight at the RAMS. He's using a two speed variant of his own design. Pete is one very clever guy. His energy and creativity is awesome. He is running an Eagle Tree data collection unit - the data he is gathering is, well, invaluable in unlocking some of the mysterious power issues we have been experiencing. The amp draw of these beasts is unbelievable. I'll post a photo of his car - but, the data he is generating is his and he is welcome to share it it he chooses - I'm thrilled he has shown me his data.

Good job Pete
eM3

that tranny looks amazing...must be the cleanest 'e' setups I've seen on an 1/8...I will try to give him a PM or something because I am starting to really be interested in a conversion...and those data loggers are wizards...will 'Epmire' release an electric conversion kit...'cuz you got a potential buyer. =)

appreciate that info.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jt415gz
eM3

that tranny looks amazing...must be the cleanest 'e' setups I've seen on an 1/8...I will try to give him a PM or something because I am starting to really be interested in a conversion...and those data loggers are wizards...will 'Epmire' release an electric conversion kit...'cuz you got a potential buyer. =)

appreciate that info.
Honestly, The Empire Gang, only sells stuff that we have heavily raced. Both 1/8th eVariants (on and off road) are projects that have tweeked our imagination and unique talents -
if we do market parts - they'll be for the hard core hobbiest capable of serious individual fab. They won't be boxed and ready to assemble stuff (we'll leave that to Kyosho, they're really good at it).
Old 06-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Honestly, The Empire Gang, only sells stuff that we have heavily raced. Both 1/8th eVariants (on and off road) are projects that have tweeked our imagination and unique talents -
if we do market parts - they'll be for the hard core hobbiest capable of serious individual fab. They won't be boxed and ready to assemble stuff (we'll leave that stuff to Kyosho, they're really good at it).
Okay...well don't hesitate to let me know about any new electric stuff for the M3 in the future or any new upgrades for Nitro.

thanks Rich
Old 06-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default discounted KO servos and other needs

Originally Posted by Narra
Thanks Buddy! 150$ EACH whoo hoo. is that about right price?
Contact Richie at Brooklyn Hobbies and I am sure he will apply a very attractive discount on all your products. He also has all your M3 parts in stock. I should know, I designed his KYOSHO wall for him. 718-951-2500
http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/
Old 06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paulie Bee
Contact Richie at Brooklyn Hobbies and I am sure he will apply a very attractive discount on all your products. He also has all your M3 parts in stock. I should know, I designed his KYOSHO wall for him. 718-951-2500
http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/
Added to Epmire resume: Wall Designer

Paulie's right - Richie is a good guy (damn fast, too)!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Default eM3 track day result

Well, it was another fine day at the RAMS. It was a test and tune day - the track was set up, prepared and sprayed - it was a perfect 85º with a light breeze. Plenty of track time. About thirty cars were out. I'm kinda focused on 1/8th electrics - so here's what I learned today:

Current Empire package is a M3 converted by Rick Davis to electric. Castle Creations MMM Speedo and 2650 KV motor. Castle products performed flawlessly (I love the speed control tune-ability via Net Book - easy and FAST). The battery pack is a Max Amps 4200 mah, 14.8 V. The car is designed to use 95% stock Kyosho components. That goal is met. We are currently drawing 800+mah/minute - we were hoping for 600 - 650 mah/minute. This means our run time is shy of the 5 minute mark. The good news, the damn thing is crazy fast. We'll get the details sorted and the run time up.

We have more to do - we'll keep plugging along. Here are the first photos of the Empire Rick Yoder car - along with the Empire Rick Davis car. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Evolva M3 running-img_0781.jpg   Evolva M3 running-img_0779.jpg   Evolva M3 running-img_0788.jpg   Evolva M3 running-img_0784.jpg  
Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Question about M3 chassis...

Can anyone tell me the dimension of the fuel tank opening in the top plate?

Much appreciated!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by East Bay Pete
Can anyone tell me the dimension of the fuel tank opening in the top plate?

Much appreciated!

Adkins, go measure an opening....
Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Rookie

42mm X 98mm
Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Adkins, go measure an opening....
Originally Posted by JimA
42mm X 98mm
Hey Rich...I guess I forgot what you told me at RAMS...If I need something just ask...well, it works for you anyways!

Thanks Jim!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by East Bay Pete
Hey Rich...Thanks Jim!
Typical, Jim does the work and I bow.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.