Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The new Associated Oval Car Chassis- question ( World GT) >

The new Associated Oval Car Chassis- question ( World GT)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new Associated Oval Car Chassis- question ( World GT)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default The new Associated Oval Car Chassis- question ( World GT)

With Assoiciated coming out with a new oval chassis and it's a T bar it looks like this could be a great World GT car.Presently the old car I drive my set-up is very similar with the battery on one side and all my electric on the other ( just like the oval guys do).Since I'm not a fan of any links cars design and this is a T bar would this work in World GT? Oh yes the battery and my electric weight less that .03 grams different so my car is balanced side to side.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't see why not.

World GT rules specify a solid axle, direct drive and sliding king pin front end right?

Do you plan to run the 4-cell NiMH version or the new 1S Lipo version? I'm thinking the Lipo version would be easier for you to balance. More room and less weight.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

when i see the new rc10r5 oval i don't see a world gt car but it screams 235mm pro10!! I hope Team associated will now take care of the european market

It has the classic layout. It only needs a new chassis, pod plates and an extende rear aluminium standoff and it is ready to go. 4 cell nihm? 1S lipo? 2S saddlepack lipo is more like it!........World GT get out of the way for the new king! :-)

ps:
I would buy the pro10 version instantly
Old 05-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default GT

Originally Posted by BullFrog
With Assoiciated coming out with a new oval chassis and it's a T bar it looks like this could be a great World GT car.Presently the old car I drive my set-up is very similar with the battery on one side and all my electric on the other ( just like the oval guys do).Since I'm not a fan of any links cars design and this is a T bar would this work in World GT? Oh yes the battery and my electric weight less that .03 grams different so my car is balanced side to side.
Why not just get the GT model? All of my electronics on my oval cars on the left for turning easier.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
Why not just get the GT model? All of my electronics on my oval cars on the left for turning easier.
I believe the GT model is a link car and I don't think they make a T-bar conversion like the 1/12th.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

aren't oval cars more like 210mm in the rear?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tally,

For 'Most' oval racing, I think the racers generally run the rear tracking width really close to an even 8.00 inches (That's what we run OURS at)

We have enough HUB Choices and spacers to run it wider or narrower if needed.

8.00 inches if I'm not mistaken is 203.2 mm so if a MAX rear tracking on a 200 mm car is actually 200 mm, you only have to bring the rear in 1.6 mm on each side. (Which I believe ='s .063 inches per side) which is 1/16 of an each
Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default link car

Originally Posted by wingracer
I believe the GT model is a link car and I don't think they make a T-bar conversion like the 1/12th.
It is a link car and most of the WGT cars are link.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Your right most of the World Gt cars are Links and I don't like the links car design.I prefer a T bar that why I run the car I've got now( The first generation 200mm pan cars) and that company is no longer in business.The way it looks in the pictures is the way I've got my present car set-up and it is balance (weight wise) on both sides. My present car is 36oz race ready. That's what I've been racing this year everywhere.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, the new oval car with an old 10LSS or some similar chassis might work or Xray has a T-bar GT car.

Another option, I'm a T-bar guy myself and hate link cars but I picked up a GenX 12 in a trade. I figured I would give it a try and if I didn't like it I could easily sell it. Tried it out yesterday and love it. Might have to pick up a GenX 10 now.