Wiki Posts
Search

DREAUX'S PERSONAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Learned much this young padawan has.

Now if he would quit being a puss and come race all would be good. There are a lot of people who cant wait to finally put a face to the name.

Dreaux there is going to be a big club race next weekend in Lafayette. You should come, everyone there is always super helpful and good people. There are several sponsored Mugen guys there who can answer any questions you can come up with. I will even volunteer to pit you all night. Plus that will give you a whole new group of questions to ask on driving skills.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

+1 on this. all you have to say is. you know that guy on R/C Tech
and very one will say Dreaux !!! and start to smile or just bust out laughing
from the under water to smashing in to a tree at WFO.

Dreaux, thanks for the entertainment! And, thank you for your total over-the-top enthusiasm for this hobby of ours. I give you props, my friend - you have come a long way! Have a great year![/QUOTE]
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matrixmike28
Learned much this young padawan has.

Now if he would quit being a puss and come race all would be good. There are a lot of people who cant wait to finally put a face to the name.

Dreaux there is going to be a big club race next weekend in Lafayette. You should come, everyone there is always super helpful and good people. There are several sponsored Mugen guys there who can answer any questions you can come up with. I will even volunteer to pit you all night. Plus that will give you a whole new group of questions to ask on driving skills.
+1

Originally Posted by cary
+1 on this. all you have to say is. you know that guy on R/C Tech
and very one will say Dreaux !!! and start to smile or just bust out laughing
from the under water to smashing in to a tree at WFO.

Dreaux, thanks for the entertainment! And, thank you for your total over-the-top enthusiasm for this hobby of ours. I give you props, my friend - you have come a long way! Have a great year!
[/quote]

+1

Dreaux, you ARE going to race at the RC Pro South race down there this year, RIGHT?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You guys are too much. I will do my best to be at the next race where ever it may be.

but i have funny work schedules. The last race at Watson i was told it would be Saturday night, so i called at 10 o clock Saturday morning only to find out it was starting at twelve.

No way was i ready. What ever the next race is local, i will plan ahead and i will make sure i am there.

thanx for all the nice words.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
You guys are too much. I will do my best to be at the next race where ever it may be.

but i have funny work schedules. The last race at Watson i was told it would be Saturday night, so i called at 10 o clock Saturday morning only to find out it was starting at twelve.

No way was i ready. What ever the next race is local, i will plan ahead and i will make sure i am there.

thanx for all the nice words.
The 23rd at Finishline in Lafayette. Start time is 3:00 be there or be square. There will probably be quite a few Watson guys there.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

I actually have a stupid question. Thought i should ask it here

I was at walmart today getting some supplies, and went to automotive to get some grease. They did not have mobil 1 so i got a tube of Super Tech-multi duty complex grease.

Says it's for extreme pressure and hi temperature.

I figured it would be ok. I have about 40 old mugen bearings that i am cleaning and repacking.

This will be ok right? even the same color.

Btw, mugen bearings after this long still have no play. They really are worth cleaning and repacking.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I actually have a stupid question. Thought i should ask it here

I was at walmart today getting some supplies, and went to automotive to get some grease. They did not have mobil 1 so i got a tube of Super Tech-multi duty complex grease.

Says it's for extreme pressure and hi temperature.

I figured it would be ok. I have about 40 old mugen bearings that i am cleaning and repacking.

This will be ok right? even the same color.

Btw, mugen bearings after this long still have no play. They really are worth cleaning and repacking.
It will work its not quite the same as the synthetic Mobil 1 stuff but I am sure it will be fine. I mean its what they use on the 1:1

Just one question though>>>> Does it say waterproof?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by dreaux; 05-30-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

ah the good times

i have a question. I had a clutch spring break during my main yesterday. I don't know how long i was running with it like that but it was a while. I couldn't figure out why my driving was so bad. I got frustrated after a couple bad wrecks and droped out, i did not realize until i got home that my clutch had a broken spring with a hanging shoe. One of my shoes is fried, which is not a big deal. What i wanted to know is, how bad is this for the engine? It never went over 230 that i know of.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

i never believed these guys that said that you have to ALWAYS check your clutch during the race day, it is 100% truth.

somebody should post a thread on prooper clutch installation, and maintenance. I still like 3 shoe clutches and really dont want to spend $100 on aftermarket when the stock stuff is usally good.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the reminder, its about time to check mine again
Old 05-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

$54 for the best clutch around

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lutch-Kit-34mm
Old 05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

are the clutch shoes hard or soft.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

its not like the m2c with 37 different shoe compounds and hardness levels...

they're 7075 and hard, all you need
Old 05-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
+1 on that. Best clutch ever. Wear is awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.