Wiki Posts
Search

High time for colorful plastic parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default High time for colorful plastic parts

Guys, wouldn't it be cool to have translucent suspension arms? Nothing against the traditional black, just that I'm kinda bored Buggies and truggies look unrealistic anyway... Imagine hooking up LED kits to the translucent suspension arms (different colors!!) to make them glow and have a night race, it'll be fantastic to watch!!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
Guys, wouldn't it be cool to have translucent suspension arms? Nothing against the traditional black, just that I'm kinda bored Buggies and truggies look unrealistic anyway... Imagine hooking up LED kits to the translucent suspension arms (different colors!!) to make them glow and have a night race, it'll be fantastic to watch!!
Some of the bashers may like some bling, yo! For racing, it is irrelevant. You might have a more receptive audience in the "Monster Truck" forum...
Old 05-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Some of the bashers may like some bling, yo! For racing, it is irrelevant. You might have a more receptive audience in the "Monster Truck" forum...

I concur.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

RPM MAKES BRIGHT BLUE TMAXX ARMS YO

Old 05-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Most plastic parts are graphite reinforced so they come black out of the mold.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Working 25+ years in plastics molding, anything added to the resin (colors) will cause the materials "DNA chain" too weaken. Black has a high carbon content that helps it out a little, the rest degrade impact and strength.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Taylor
Working 25+ years in plastics molding, anything added to the resin (colors) will cause the materials "DNA chain" too weaken. Black has a high carbon content that helps it out a little, the rest degrade impact and strength.
Very true!

A red fuel tank would be awesome.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
Whatever you have.... I want some..!LOL!

Would be cool to have color choices for plasctics, my wife would really be interested. I can imagine her now, scolding me for not matching my plastics... JK.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not just NO! But HELL NO!

Go buy some underglo lights for your real car that are mad tizite yo! Leave the R/C cars alone.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yup, can't agree with you guys more. I think I need an MT and take a break from the buggy & truggy scene (I guess almost 2 years involved) Gotta have some senseless fun ~ Cheers!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Man I want to say some funny sh-t , and I swear to god I could but I will not do it because it would be mean spirited and that would not be nice. Maybe some of you old fartz can imagine what Timothy Leary would do and then all of the cars would look like they were racing at night with blue and purple LEDS and streaks and trails. Did not want to say it openly but if you guys are as old as me (dirt) you know what I'm talking about.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't know if I'd necessarily be up for any "color-me-cute" parts, but I always thought it would be neat (and maybe even a bit practical) to have clear plastic radio boxes, diffs and diff housings, just so you could see the status of your oil.

That having been said, clear plastics probably don't have the physical characteristics needed for strength and reliability... Oh well.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I doubt there are many here that remember but some company used to sell clear plastic parts for the original t-maxx back in 99
Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
I doubt there are many here that remember but some company used to sell clear plastic parts for the original t-maxx back in 99
Pic please..
Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

I'd love to show up at the track with all pink plastic just to piss peopl off.I think your all off, some people go to the trouble of boiling rims & wings in ritte to get the color they want but you dont think they would buy colored arms & radio boxes? I wouldnt spend a grip of money for it but it would be different.michellin sold colored dirt bike tires for a while said they sold double what they thought they would in the begining.Now if ofna could make those colored tires they make stick to something I'd buy those if for no other reason than to iritate people that think its just wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.