Wiki Posts
Search

Share your biggest duh or what was I thinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
Installing a wrist pin thinking "I don't need a stupid protection baggy" then tink, pin shoots off.

Then spending the next hour searching for it, and finding it exactly where i said it should be...
are these the wrist pin clips that hold the wrist pin and piston together? Is there something i need to know becaue I will need to perform the same task soon.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When i was fairly new to racing, the announcer said line up and i went full throttle the wrong way down the track to get to the start line, hit head on with someone going the right way, tore both of our buggies up 30 seconds before the main. Needless to say we both missed our race and i learned to cut the track, not go the wrong way.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington
are these the wrist pin clips that hold the wrist pin and piston together? Is there something i need to know becaue I will need to perform the same task soon.
Yes, just make sure to install/remove them inside a big ziplock bag. Otherwise they have a tendency to shoot off.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Truck_Buster
I'm almost affraid to tell you guys what I did last week My girlfriends kids like to get into my rc stuff and sometimes even through things out well I put my 4pk up on the oven so they wouldn't get and then I made a pizza and not even thinking the oven is vented through the top it melted my 4pk good news is I will have a new one tomorrow and a case too.
Damn that sure made it one expensive pizza..lol
Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Truck_Buster
I'm almost affraid to tell you guys what I did last week My girlfriends kids like to get into my rc stuff and sometimes even through things out well I put my 4pk up on the oven so they wouldn't get and then I made a pizza and not even thinking the oven is vented through the top it melted my 4pk good news is I will have a new one tomorrow and a case too.

you know you have to post pics of the carnage.....could you not smell the melting plastic over melting cheese
Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

lmao
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

At the last club race I tq'd all three quals in Truggy and was killing with the first race on my MBX6T. About 3 laps into the amain and ahead of the field by a lap my truggy flamed out or at least that's what I though happend. A marshall rushed it over to pit lane and I furiously tried to get it to start. I even swithced plugs twice. After wasting about 3 mins trying to get it to start, I looked in the tank and noticed it was bone dry! I FORGOT TO FUEL UP BEFORE THE AMAIN! What a dumb ass!
Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Tried starting my buggy:
fuel-check
glow plug charged-check
primed-check
No go
Scratching head,looked at the starter box wheel,going the wrong way
Had connected the battery up wrong after charging,changed and fired up sweet asWhat a dork
Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ben1970
Tried starting my buggy:
fuel-check
glow plug charged-check
primed-check
No go
Scratching head,looked at the starter box wheel,going the wrong way
Had connected the battery up wrong after charging,changed and fired up sweet asWhat a dork
Been there done that...finally notice it when I took the air filter off and it was spitting fuel out the carb instead of sucking it in

Last edited by Saber186; 07-31-2009 at 06:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

on my mugen mbx6 servo saver spring kept gettin looser and looser and im thinking man this thing is getting harder and harder to steer i kept goin till it would only go straght nothing else
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Heres my 100$ Ooops. was installing a DX3 reciever into my buggy, not paying attention to the way i had the battery connector in my hand and not looking at where the plug was lined up, plugged the reciever in backwards. heard a funny little pop sound. looked down to see a faint orange glow and smoke slowly rolling out of the reciever along with a peculiar smell. Lesson Learned Dont Lett the Genie Out of the Bottle. didnt get 3 wishes, and blew a hundred bucks.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Went to an out of town race one weekend and left my tool box and extra parts box at home.

My favorite story is one my dad told me. One of his friends was showing a friend of his what his 1/8th scale on road could do out in front of his house. Decided to let his friend drive and told him to watch out for the storm drains. Needless to say said friend makes one pass, slows and turns straight into the drain. Car looses signal and you hear the muffled sound of a nitro engine drive by them under ground never to be seen again.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought a Losi 8ight. Duh! what was I thinking?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Miniracer23
Went to an out of town race one weekend and left my tool box and extra parts box at home.

My favorite story is one my dad told me. One of his friends was showing a friend of his what his 1/8th scale on road could do out in front of his house. Decided to let his friend drive and told him to watch out for the storm drains. Needless to say said friend makes one pass, slows and turns straight into the drain. Car looses signal and you hear the muffled sound of a nitro engine drive by them under ground never to be seen again.
Guess you could say he flushed alot of money down the drain
Old 08-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I bought a Losi 8ight. Duh! what was I thinking?

Originally Posted by Saber186
Guess you could say he flushed alot of money down the drain
LMAO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.