Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
back from my first day of racing!!! >

back from my first day of racing!!!

back from my first day of racing!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEED37
Really glad to hear that. Feels good doesn't it?
+1 good for you
Old 05-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
yea. Is that a little strange???? Am i supposed to be younger??? It does feel kind of strange. My GF always refers to it as a "TOY"
Age doesnt mean anything in this hobby as long as you have fun with it and know what you doing.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you went to a track in Louisiana and met someone who worked for OS?

was he Japanese?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
you went to a track in Louisiana and met someone who worked for OS?

was he Japanese?
I know some guys that run for OS that live there . Didn't know the factory was hiring though!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

honestly...
Old 05-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Great Day!!!

Hey just got back from taking Mom to the Brunch at El Torito great eats ,i ran accross your post and was happy to see you staying positive,keep it up it only gets more fustrating ,Im glad my dad does 30% of my wrenching, Hope to see this with more people getting into the sport,,..Stay Fast... Kaulin
Old 05-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

33? Thats shoots the Rayn Roma idea down.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
+2or3 on locktite in all the screws going onto metal and fingernail polish for the screws that goes into plastic, I do this and don't loose any screws!

Glad you had fun, now get some track time and go race!
Fingernail polish? On the threads? Interesting... that's a new one to me... might have to try that.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Fingernail polish? On the threads? Interesting... that's a new one to me... might have to try that.
suprised you havent seen steve and mike do that. yeah it works pretty good but unlike thread lock you want to put the screw in while the polish is still wet.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dreaux
well i didn't race actually. But it was my first day on the track with my mugen 6. Like everybody said, there would be people there to help me. And i'll be damned if a guy that worked for O.S. was there. He saw me trying to tune my engine down, he came over and we talked a little and he reaches for his screw driver and go's for the mid range needle!!! I go to grab his hand and tell him NO! But the other guy that was with him (must have been sponsored by team xray). Told me no it's ok, he works for o.s. so he did a eigth of a turn on the midrange and one more WHOLE turn on the main needle and it was running like a mad ANIMAL!!!! Had alot of fun. The other guy i was just talking about had both xray 808's last years and this years. Both with the new novarossi engines and a TON of brand new parts.now In my mugen 6 i have a xray air filter/with neck and everything (it's much better then mugens i might add) Everytime i had a problem or couldn't find the right screw in my box he had one there waiting for me. He gave me free gaskets for my manifold and pipe and springs. Really good people. fixed my brakes and showed me how to brake and throtle into jumps. Lot of fun. The mugen six is almost identical to the xray but i like the xray radio box alot better. And let me tell you that mugen 6 is one tough SOB. I landed on my front and back end ALOT (before i got the hang of it) and did not miss a beat. And thease were high ass jumps. I even flew over a fence!!! The only thing is keeping up with all the screws that come lose. Wing kept comming off, and the engine mount screws kept comming out even with lock washers. At one point my clutch bell became completly out of mesh with the spur. And my motor was racing under no load. But i just fliped it over and jamed my foot into the flywheel. Did some damage to my clutch bell though. it's still good but will need a new one soon thinking 14 tooth. thats all!!!
Great to hear you have fun on he track. Learn from the guys and keep up the spirit!