Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
is my gearbox/clutch making funny sounds??? >

is my gearbox/clutch making funny sounds???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is my gearbox/clutch making funny sounds???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
the track i go to is very far away and i only go once a week. Just thought i would ask you guys some questions thats all. I will ask guys at the track but it either 1. rains 2. i have no money for parts or gas 3. ole laddy has my day planned out.

tomorrow i will be there all day. and i can't wait but just thought i could get some opinions. Thats all. Didn't mean to annoy anybody. sorry.
why dont you to Springfield?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

I see a similar problem a few years ago ( but it is very hard to diagnose not hearing or seeing in person) you might check and see if the engine & clutch bell is square with the spur gear and not cocked at a angle sometimes there is enough slop in the slots to let it get at a slight angle if not watching when tightening it down I'm not sure what car you have. but just my .02 worth
Old 05-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
why dont you to Springfield?

Now that would be too simple crash.

Dreaux are you kin to Ryan Roma?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
the track i go to is very far away and i only go once a week. Just thought i would ask you guys some questions thats all. I will ask guys at the track but it either 1. rains 2. i have no money for parts or gas 3. ole laddy has my day planned out.

tomorrow i will be there all day. and i can't wait but just thought i could get some opinions. Thats all. Didn't mean to annoy anybody. sorry.
No one's annoyed, much. I think you need to just slow it down a bit. You can't learn everything in a few weeks. You'll be much further ahead with "once a week" track days than you will by destroying the thing out in front of your house hitting trees, running through water, sucking dirt, having runaways and so on. It's not that the folks on RCTech don't want to help you, they do, but the guys at the track can see and hear and feel whats going on. There is no substitute for hands on learning. If the net is your best source of help it's going to be a long expensive road, as I think you must know by now.