Default Re: Re: Piston for NovaMax S3

Originally posted by InitialD
Isn't the choice very obvious?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Piston for NovaMax S3

Originally posted by InitialD
Isn't the choice very obvious?
But the piston that came with it, i think was CNC... And I wondered if there isn't any other different things in the engine to receive a differente piston...
Old 06-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MX .15 mf p5

I need help. I will change from odonnell 30% to a 40% fuel with 8% oil content. i know enging won't last long but i drag race and there is a price to pay to be fast. What should the head clearence be for running this high content of fuel, what turbo plug is recommend. Also my engine is stock i was thinking of mod. the sleeve by adding a few transfore ports. What do you guys think? I could use any help.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,
I just recently seen the NS15 .12 size. Has nova max modified it all ready? I think its rc mushroom have a .12 size NS15 7 port from max??? . I have the P3 and it must due a rebuild soon, but know I'm thinking this new 7 port max will leave it standing !!

Wondering if anybody can confirm this?

All the best ,
Neo racer.
Mtx-3
Max .12 3P
Old 08-15-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys just making sure,
the P5 motor has ABC piston construction, is this correct?
Old 08-17-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default S3

Guys,

Is anyone running the S3? how do you like it?

Last edited by jrabbito; 08-17-2004 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: S3

Originally posted by jrabbito
Guys,

Is anyone running the S3? how do you like it?
If you look towards the top of this page the photos you'll see are of my S3 when I bought it and took it apart to show everyone what was in there. I found there were too many people with disinformation about these engines and no official source for people to refer to so they could see what was actually in the S3.
I ran that motor at the Great Lakes Challenge in Toledo a few weeks back and it was crazy fast. I think the P3 vs. S3 question may be more of a durability thing than pure performance.
I just used it for that race so I can't speak for the durability of these engines, but I know someone who has put over 2 gallons through his P3 and it still runs strong.
I wish I lived near enough to run at that Toledo track, man it was nice to be able to let the engine run at its potential. I run at small parking lot tracks so I put the S3 up for sale in the forum and just run my RR12. It's hard to beat on the small tight tracks.
I wish Max would make a modded RR12, now that would be something!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys haven’t been on in awhile, I suppose when things are good and your wining you don’t stop to look around. You only do that when things so wrong, so hear I am ...lol

The max has run great, I mean great, I have won a lot of races with it and it’s a great engine full stop. However recently, now this is after 6 months of weekly use so its well run in should we say, the engine has started dying. First during pit stops, then pit stops and crashes and last weekend it blow two pins in day/race (c6 hot) the first pin just died and would not start, the second started the engine during the race but died after a few laps, and would not start the engine again. When I checked the new pin, the coil had actually broke and there was a piece missing? I opened the engine and it was no where to be seen, I guess it must have went out the exhaust exit without causing any damage to the piston.

I am thinking the conrod is dying on me here and am wondering if this is the case or if anybody could give any guidance on what to do?
(I have a spare conrod 07601 and bearing 16602)

Thanks a lot,

Neo,
Old 09-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Look very closely at the last plug that you used, preferably with a magnifying glass. You will probably see some very tiny bronze flecks........thats from the rod bushing.

I would change the rod.

However, after so much use, what is your compression like?