Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing >

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well that was a blast today. Chris come a visit as often as you can and thanks Brad for the burger at lunch. Don't think I have had as much fun in RC as I have at Trukz
Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Default trukz

Thanks Chris for coming out and supporting trukz. I wish you great success in BC and look forward to when come back once a month to race with us. The clubs in BC are lucky to be getting a great supporter of the hobby and super guy to have on there tracks and in there pits. You will be missed in Calgary

Thanks
Brad
Old 06-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

If anyone has a transponder for karz/trukz they are selling I am looking for two of them... I will be out there tomorrow if u want to drop it off to me

-b
Old 06-08-2017, 02:16 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello All

We are racing this Saturday. Doors open at 10, racing at 11. Check our website out at Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for details. It is suppose to be rainy outside, but will be warm and dry in the facility.

We will also be firing up the BBQ again this weekend. Trukz will be providing FREE hotdogs and burgers this Saturday.

Also just to give people a heads up this will be our last race on the current track layout. If you can spare an extra hour after racing this Saturday, we would appreciate the support pulling up the track barriers.

Lots planned for the club and facility over the next few weeks:

-New track layout and surface (100 percent clay)
-Overhead door to replace the two current fold out doors.
-Plywood pit area flooring (goodbye lost parts in the dirt!)
-New heater coming for the far end of the track
-New outhouse
-More parking space

More details on workdays will be coming up soon.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 06-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Summer Classic in Kamloops

If you guys are looking for some racing time while your track rebuild is happening (which is awesome!!) we would love to see you guys in Kamloops June's 23-25 for the third race in the new WORS series!! Lots of info on the Facebook page under western off-road racing series or under the rctech posts for WORS or WORS #3. We also just rebuilt our track and driver stand and made some changes! I hear some guys are coming from Edmonton so we would love to see some guys from Calgary!!! Everyone is welcome to signup at rcsignup.com (Summer Classic)
Old 06-15-2017, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey ppl. Im curious about the sct racing. I have a slash 4x4 hcg modified

I bought mine an joined the red deer club when i first started. I knew nothing. Still dont. But in a hurry i learned their course is more less a truggy course. Had a huge triple that was hard on parts.
I basically parked my truck for 3years. Finally got playing with it again an the fun is new to me again. Id really like to bring it to the track. Run it against some other to test my skill an learn some tips for local pro's

What should i bring to the track? How many batteries? What size are best for racing? I do have a transponder (my laps) still in its package. When is the best time to go to get the most outa making the teip?
Old 06-15-2017, 07:02 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hey

Nice to hear from you. We do run a 2wd SCT class at our track. Check out our website at Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for the class information and location. We usually race Saturdays at 11:00am, but are currently rebuilding our track. Keep looking here for updates on our next race.

You are welcome to bring your modified 4wd SCT to the track to see if we can fit it into a class, but if we are unable to find a suitable class for your truck to run in (we don't offer 4wd SCT at the moment) we can lend you one of our demo trukz so you can race.

We are a 1/10 scale track that is pretty easy on parts. We provide pit space, tables, and power at the track. You just need to bring you truck, radio gear, charger, 1-2 batteries and a chair and you will be good to go.

I think we are pulling out about 900 Mah during a qualifier and we run 3 quals and a main on a day. Maybe some of the other SCT guys guy chime in on how much battery they are pulling out per qualifier.

We run the ilaps transponder system, but have loaners available. We also sell them at the track for a reasonable cost.

Please keep your eyes posted hers for updates and ask any other questions you may have. Also search for "Trukz" on facebook to join our page and group on there.

Thanks

Aaron

Originally Posted by Feltslasher
Hey ppl. Im curious about the sct racing. I have a slash 4x4 hcg modified

I bought mine an joined the red deer club when i first started. I knew nothing. Still dont. But in a hurry i learned their course is more less a truggy course. Had a huge triple that was hard on parts.
I basically parked my truck for 3years. Finally got playing with it again an the fun is new to me again. Id really like to bring it to the track. Run it against some other to test my skill an learn some tips for local pro's

What should i bring to the track? How many batteries? What size are best for racing? I do have a transponder (my laps) still in its package. When is the best time to go to get the most outa making the teip?
Old 06-18-2017, 01:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tech Question: Is it worthwhile running a VTS slipper on a B6D? Trying to decide which one to install. Thx!
Old 06-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds like someone got a new ride. Wait till you see the new track

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Tech Question: Is it worthwhile running a VTS slipper on a B6D? Trying to decide which one to install. Thx!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:12 AM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Great weekend of track work happened this weekend. Curtis posted some photos on facebook so go join our facebook page and group! I am also posting some progress photos from Sunday. Thanks to all that came out and for Keith for supplying us with homemade burgers.

Sub of the subfloor half done.

New Concrete for part of the wall that was crumbling.

New clay (supper grippy) is almost all formed and packed.

Drawing of the layout that we went with. We have added a feature to help with pile ups on the first lap.

Keep looking here for updates and our re-opening date.

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by mfd; 06-19-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-19-2017, 11:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rozzy
Sounds like someone got a new ride. Wait till you see the new track
Yeah. Maybe.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Did anyone find a pair of pliers while tearing down last week? Small, blue handles.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Running the 17.5 In my sct I could probably run all 3 qualifiers on a 4900 mah pack. Now that was on the old track with different type of clay. So far the new stuff seems sticky and that should burn more power.

Originally Posted by mfd
Hey

Nice to hear from you. We do run a 2wd SCT class at our track. Check out our website at Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for the class information and location. We usually race Saturdays at 11:00am, but are currently rebuilding our track. Keep looking here for updates on our next race.

You are welcome to bring your modified 4wd SCT to the track to see if we can fit it into a class, but if we are unable to find a suitable class for your truck to run in (we don't offer 4wd SCT at the moment) we can lend you one of our demo trukz so you can race.

We are a 1/10 scale track that is pretty easy on parts. We provide pit space, tables, and power at the track. You just need to bring you truck, radio gear, charger, 1-2 batteries and a chair and you will be good to go.

I think we are pulling out about 900 Mah during a qualifier and we run 3 quals and a main on a day. Maybe some of the other SCT guys guy chime in on how much battery they are pulling out per qualifier.

We run the ilaps transponder system, but have loaners available. We also sell them at the track for a reasonable cost.

Please keep your eyes posted hers for updates and ask any other questions you may have. Also search for "Trukz" on facebook to join our page and group on there.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 06-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
The short answer is, go with the stock slipper assembly.

The VTS has an extra plate and clutch pad to handle more torque or heavier vehicles. It was a must have on the old 4x4 SC, and can work well in a 2wd SC.
In a 2wd buggy, I wasn't able to get the VTS clutch loose enough to slip properly... with the extra clutch surface, it would slip only a bit and then bite.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Great progress has been made at the track. We will be racing soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.