Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

7x17x5
Old 05-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

If you will pardon the rather basic question here. Sorry to take you guys away from what your talking about here but..............

Could you tell me what the difference is between a C8TF and a C8TGF.
I didn't notice the difference before but my Nova Rossi 12-3 CT runs on the C?TGC(F) plugs.

I want to place an order to get more plugs and it's then I noticed?!

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

British Menace
Old 05-12-2007, 02:12 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Guys, I would like a like help with the 35 PLUS engine.

What will be the head clearence (shim) for running the 35 PLUS on 1000mts, Cordoba Argentina with 25% Nitro?

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ALG
Guys, I would like a like help with the 35 PLUS engine.

What will be the head clearence (shim) for running the 35 PLUS on 1000mts, Cordoba Argentina with 25% Nitro?

Thanks for the help.
I was there at the PRE WC.........

use 0.60mm shim..........

PLuG 7f or 8F if you face overheating problems........

you can go up to 130ºC with safety.........

During the event we used Tornado 25%, I can't say if this setting works with other fuel brand..........

I suggest to use 2015 of 2006 exhaust, the manifold is up to your driving style..........

to make 5 minutes is almost impossible with 9.0mm venturi.........you can try it but you will end up choosing 8.5 or 8.0mm........
Old 05-13-2007, 10:34 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by British Menace
If you will pardon the rather basic question here. Sorry to take you guys away from what your talking about here but..............

Could you tell me what the difference is between a C8TF and a C8TGF.
I didn't notice the difference before but my Nova Rossi 12-3 CT runs on the C?TGC(F) plugs.

I want to place an order to get more plugs and it's then I noticed?!

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

British Menace
The difference is on the plating, no difference on performance though

The numbers and characters on the plugs, are the product number, wire thickness, and thermal range of the plug’s body. Example: The Novarossi C8TG (F) or (C)
Product: C (Conical)
Wire Thickness: 8
Plug Type: T (Turbo)
Plated: G (Gold)
Thermal Range: F (Fredda = Cold) C (Calda = Hot)

AFM
Old 05-13-2007, 03:42 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
I was there at the PRE WC.........

use 0.60mm shim..........

PLuG 7f or 8F if you face overheating problems........

you can go up to 130ºC with safety.........

During the event we used Tornado 25%, I can't say if this setting works with other fuel brand..........

I suggest to use 2015 of 2006 exhaust, the manifold is up to your driving style..........

to make 5 minutes is almost impossible with 9.0mm venturi.........you can try it but you will end up choosing 8.5 or 8.0mm........
Salvador how about 2018 pipe? I will race the last National Argentina race before the World. on August 17-19...
Thanks for your help, a hope to meet you at the track.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

I have a MT12 from 1999-2000 and it runs ok when rich, 5 mins a tank or less. When i lean it out, and give it full throttle, she bogs and cant maintain that high RPM, does this mean engine is no good anymore seeing as i cant lean it out anymore with out having it bog at full throttle?

thanks~
Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Certainly tell tale signs it could be bad. Another way is to get it hot and then shut it down and check how easily the flywheel rolls over.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ALG
Salvador how about 2018 pipe? I will race the last National Argentina race before the World. on August 17-19...
Thanks for your help, a hope to meet you at the track.

yes this pipe works amazingly........

flavio elias used this pipe there...

anyway I think the 2018 is just the EFRA number for RB, because the pipe works pretty the same as the 2015..........

I remember the old 2601 from nova/top/rex was the same as the 2604 from RB (words of Bernard Duran from RB Concept)
Old 05-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

their is still compression in the engine, its just when i lean it out to get longer run time it like struggles at full throttle, but then once i make it a little richer, it can go full throttle without any bogging, its kind of weird
Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ghett0
their is still compression in the engine, its just when i lean it out to get longer run time it like struggles at full throttle, but then once i make it a little richer, it can go full throttle without any bogging, its kind of weird
Sounds like you are lean some where, I would start from the base setting and go from there, and if you don't know the base setting just open up the low end untill there is a little bog from where there is too much fuel and the bottom and start from there, and also open up the high speed alittle and start tunning from there.. Once you have the top end set "h/s" then start with the low speed needle one hour at a time. and if there is a mid needle don't mess with ip make sure it is flush..
Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
Sounds like you are lean some where, I would start from the base setting and go from there, and if you don't know the base setting just open up the low end untill there is a little bog from where there is too much fuel and the bottom and start from there, and also open up the high speed alittle and start tunning from there.. Once you have the top end set "h/s" then start with the low speed needle one hour at a time. and if there is a mid needle don't mess with ip make sure it is flush..
ok, at this point i have the mid needle and the low needle set at stock, flush with the carb body and slide carb. All ive been adjusting is the high speed and idle, Am i correct in saying you dont really need to adjust the mid and low? and If so the slide carb has to be open all the way in order to make the correct adjstments to the low and mid? I dont think im lean beacuse i get 5 to under 5 mins a tank
Old 05-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Rookie

If you lean the high speed needle richen the bottom needle.

And if you don't get 5 min runtime try other manifold or pipe or ad
shims to reduse compression.

this should help.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alright everyone,

Just got a Nova N12 LS5 and i'm wondering if the cooling head is interchangable with the newer plus 12-3ct head, the (shorter blue heads) or are dimensions different?

Also have i anything to look out for with this engine, easy to tune? how does it like to be run? has anyone got the factory needle settings to hand....

Thanks in advance
adam.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

hello at all,
does anyone know the ball diameter from novarossi ball bearing number 16001 and 16002, this are the rear bearing from the 35plus21 engine.

thanks for fast answer

dieter

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.