Search

STS engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally posted by Z00M
Anyone able to answer this?
not to sure the 5/p does have a different carb and crank try it and turn it by hand i don't know if the rotation of the crank is the same. i have a friend that did that to a jp took a 5/p and put a 3/p p/s in it
Old 07-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Nitro Tech

Can anyone tell me if I can use a 3 port sleve from an RS3 in an RS5 motor?

I have a brand new RS5 that I can't use for sanctioned racing(or even club racing for that matter!) over here in Western Australia, and was wondering if I can fix my problem cheaply by fitting a 3 port sleeve.

Dino, maybe you can answer this one for me. There's no supplier of STS motors over here on the West Coast of Western Australia that can tell me.

Cheers,

Mike.
Yes,all STS .12 parts are interchangeable.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Dino

Originally posted by jscamry
how long untill the .12 adjustable roar legal tuned pipe is out to purchase? also will the pipe be avalible to purchase seperatly from the header?

thanks Jason
I'm waiting for the production,too. Maybe next month....
Old 07-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by dino.tw
Yes,all STS .12 parts are interchangeable.
Great! Now can anyone tell me where I can buy a sleeve here in Australia?

Dino, tell your bosses I need an STS distributor here in Western Australia. I can organise some contacts for you if you like.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Also where can I get parts in the U.S. I am new with this engine. It was given to me used. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Dino, tell your bosses I need an STS distributor here in Western Australia. I can organise some contacts for you if you like.
If ya talk to Tommy Lee. His on the other side of the country but he will send you the parts you need. His a Legend he'll hook you up. He hooked me up when i had my problem with my Crank and rod. He has a User on RCTECH. this is his user name---- tl2111

Cheers Deano
Old 07-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Formula1fan
Also where can I get parts in the U.S. I am new with this engine. It was given to me used. Thanks.
there you go bro. He a talk to this guy:

North America Distributor
PROJECT ZEN
707 Silver Spur Ste 106,Rolling Hills Estates,CA 90274,USA
e-mail : [email protected]
Phone : (310) 544-1508
Fax : (310) 544-1966

Cheers Deano
Old 07-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Formula1fan
www.ProjectZen.net
Old 07-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Good lookin out
Old 07-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Nitro Tech

Look at the famous Italian magazine True Model

What is that on the front page of the newest issue? (hint left under side)
Old 07-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 07-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Dino,

When are you going to post the specs on the new D3R and D5R. I'd like to know more about it before deciding to get one.

My D3 I finally was able to run properly after sealing the leaks on the carb. Does this engine really like to run on the lean side (hot!)? I'm using 25% fuel and if I don't give it enough lean then it drives like a grandmother, but then if I lean it to run competitively, I get up to 300 F temp range huh!.

Thanks,
Roy

Originally posted by dino.tw
Look at the famous Italian magazine True Model

What is that on the front page of the newest issue? (hint left under side)
Old 07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by f2000racer
Hey Dino,

When are you going to post the specs on the new D3R and D5R. I'd like to know more about it before deciding to get one.

My D3 I finally was able to run properly after sealing the leaks on the carb. Does this engine really like to run on the lean side (hot!)? I'm using 25% fuel and if I don't give it enough lean then it drives like a grandmother, but then if I lean it to run competitively, I get up to 300 F temp range huh!.

Thanks,
Roy
Dear Roy,

The specs of Draron and Dragon Racing engine are all the same. The modified engine just has better acceleration. I would suggest you to buy modified version because our modified engine is inexpensive.

Have you try to take out some head shims? When the engine has enough power than you don't need to lean it too much. With 25% I would use 0.4mm shims and #7 turbo plug. Sometime we need to do reverse operation.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up the DxR engines

dino:

tried both the d3r and the d5r today, both ran very well. both engine might be a little weak on top (not by much, compare to other mod engines running 40% fuel), but the smooth yet powerful bottom/mid makes it all up. the d3r accelerate better than the d5r, but it might be becasue the d3r was installed on a mtx-3 while the d5r was on an evo. the gear ratio of both cars are pretty close. the d5r has a better top (being a 5 port engine and with an outlaw pipe). the d3r ran at about 250F (sedan) while the d5r was at 220F (lola).

there was something wrong with the d3r carb. had to use an NR carb. to make the eigine more stable. need to find out whats wrong with the d3r carb. the d5r carb. works fine.

i put about 1 liter of fuel through each engine today and the updated cranks still hold and no leaks yet . lets see how long they will last. overall i like the d series engines, they suit the way i drive.

data
Old 07-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: the DxR engines

Looks promising. But then again, it proves that its not me that has a problem tuning my D3 since you find that there is something wrong with the carb on the D3R.

Oh well I'm sad to say that I've given up with this engine and will go with the more stable one (no need to mention since most should know).

Thanks for all the help Dino!

Roy

Originally posted by Data
dino:

tried both the d3r and the d5r today, both ran very well. both engine might be a little weak on top (not by much, compare to other mod engines running 40% fuel), but the smooth yet powerful bottom/mid makes it all up. the d3r accelerate better than the d5r, but it might be becasue the d3r was installed on a mtx-3 while the d5r was on an evo. the gear ratio of both cars are pretty close. the d5r has a better top (being a 5 port engine and with an outlaw pipe). the d3r ran at about 250F (sedan) while the d5r was at 220F (lola).

there was something wrong with the d3r carb. had to use an NR carb. to make the eigine more stable. need to find out whats wrong with the d3r carb. the d5r carb. works fine.

i put about 1 liter of fuel through each engine today and the updated cranks still hold and no leaks yet . lets see how long they will last. overall i like the d series engines, they suit the way i drive.

data

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.