This is the web site:
http://www.sts-italia.com/

Contact Mr. Di Maria!

Bye
Old 12-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Dino,

The carburetor on the DX12 its different from the .12 D3R ? ... i have one from AFM and in a race in Puerto Rico it gave me problems so i had to switch to a Novarossi Carb and it worked flawless ... now i have to buy a new carb to give the novarossi back to my friend ... so ... do i have to get the stock D3R Carb or there is some new and improved one ? (and where to get it ?) ...

thanks,

Pat
Old 12-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

the buggy D.21 B motor is it the same as the D.21E motor?

any one already races the D.21Bt green head factory tuned motor ???
Old 12-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Buggy pipe

Anyone interested in a STS buggy pipe. It's brand new. PM me if interested.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:19 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi Dino,

The carburetor on the DX12 its different from the .12 D3R ? ... i have one from AFM and in a race in Puerto Rico it gave me problems so i had to switch to a Novarossi Carb and it worked flawless ... now i have to buy a new carb to give the novarossi back to my friend ... so ... do i have to get the stock D3R Carb or there is some new and improved one ? (and where to get it ?) ...

thanks,

Pat
Pato

Only the DX12 team engines come with the new carburetor w/venturi. The D3R engines still come with the old carburetor (w/o venturi).
The part number of the new carburetor for .12 with 5.5mm Venturi is #120500-2, if you want to buy it as an optional for the D3R engine.
Performance is about the same, with a little better low end power with the regular carb.
As I told you, unfortunately I'm out of stock on them, but your old carb can be revised and it will work flawlessly again. You can dissasemble it completely, clean it up looking for debris or an obstructed passage, and change all o-rings. If it still gives you trouble we need to change main jet and main needle for upgraded one.
Since you are in Puerto Rico, did you try with the STS distributor over there?? I think it is ET Hobby Distributors.

AFM
Old 12-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Nopes Alfonso, i didnt tried with the local distributor ... was a too-fast-problem ...

I think i will arrive to Chile tomorrow morning (right now im at the airport in Puerto Rico) and will send you the STS Carb to be revised and upgraded (i will not use my car until 2-3 days after christmas, so you can do the job and send it back to my house in Chile) ... and i will dismount the NR carb and send it back to Puerto Rico to my friend ... just hope to have the same powerfull STS engine with the revised carb ... cause with the NR carb the engine was FLYING ...

You dont have DX12 carbs either ? ... i have to put an orderto www.the-border.com and they sells STS engines, but they dont have DX12 carbs either

cya !
Old 12-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedy2
the buggy D.21 B motor is it the same as the D.21E motor?
No, not the same engine.

D21E - Economy
D21B - Buggy Competition Engine
D21T - Buggy Team Engine

http://www.stsrc.com.tw/products.php
Old 12-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dino.......hows going..? I am wondering where I can get a hand on a RED HEAD or GREEN HEAD D12X motor...? My friend over HK (William) told me that is something NEW about STS this time........would like to try a 5 port version for outlaw.......thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I sought an movie of the STS D12X, that goes very fast!
Is the D12X comparable with the STS D3 EFRA?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Can not compare, because STS D12X very fast than STS D3R EFRA.
D12X is a team engine
Old 12-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

I find it depends on the track and the gearing, my d12x runs pretty damn similar to my d3r on tight tracks but at larger venues the d3r just looses out on top end, both hold a decent tune, and its easy to get them running well but when I get my d5r running well which isn't very often it has them both pegged!!
its worth noting the d3r will keep compression for longer, this is my findings anyway. both my d3 and d5 are still nice and snug when cold but my d12x even being a slightly younger engine is maybe at 85-90% of what compression it had when i got it.
you get the feeling your getting a little extra speed with the d12x at the expense of a lowered p/s life span.
keep that in mind
just a side note, my d12x was one of the early ones.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:12 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default STS Peruvian National Champion

GPP Model Racing (South American distributor for STS Racing) wishes to congratulate their drivers for an oustanding season, in which after a 10 race season managed to obtain the firts four places of the Peruvian National Championship for 200mm Touring Class.

1.- Mario Peschiera Mugen STS D3R
2.- Leonidas Ponce TM G4 STS D3R
3.- Gabriel Perez TM G4 STS DX12
4.- Alfonso Florez Mugen STS DX12

กก CONGRATULATIONS MARIO...WAY TO GO !!

กก THANKS DINO FOR YOUR SUPPORT !!

กก STS POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!

GPP Model Racing
AFM
Old 12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Dino.......hows going..? I am wondering where I can get a hand on a RED HEAD or GREEN HEAD D12X motor...? My friend over HK (William) told me that is something NEW about STS this time........would like to try a 5 port version for outlaw.......thanks
Rookie I have a brand new D12X (green head). It's not in factory seal cause I open the engine to clean it and re-oil with TON of mugen after run oil. If you interested let me know.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by boner
Rookie I have a brand new D12X (green head). It's not in factory seal cause I open the engine to clean it and re-oil with TON of mugen after run oil. If you interested let me know.
why would you clean a new engine dude?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To check for any debris left from manufacturing and heavily reoil for storing over the winter. This is my back up engine. I'm one of the people that will clean the engine before I even run it. I have seem engine coming off sealed box with machining debris in the combustion area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.