Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Looking for a good high-end servo >

Looking for a good high-end servo

Looking for a good high-end servo

Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I dont know if it is necessary, but it is for me. If it is available why not take advantage of it. You can justify less torque but why settle for less. For example when the 8T 2.0 came out I had my 1.0 sold before the 2.0 was released, I wanted the new technology and I am willing to pay for it. This thread is for a high end servo so I would say yes. But then again thats just my opinion.
Gotta pay to play..

those futaba brushless look good though
Old 05-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

i run the futaba brushless servos and i paid 90 and there pretty fast and have a good amount of torque and i just look at the specs on them 119 servos and the only thing i see thats better is the speed really but i can adjust the epictial speed on the servos and u can just make them just as fast and the torque is really the same too. i know u have to pay to play but u dont need a 120 servo .
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

WOW thanks for all of your inputs!! I really appreciate it, Im glad I didnt but those 120 dollar servos when I can get em online for much cheaper! but Iam sure Im gonna get those titanium Hitec servos.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Even though the JR "T" model is close to the same as the Hitec 7955 or 5955 the hitec titanium gears dont wear at all.That translates to zero worn mesh at center wich is why I send the JRs in for warranty they still work fine(dont think I ever killed a T) but smashing into potholes down the straigt over time will make the gears wear badly at center but be fine every where else to the point of even with a totally new front end you'll still have 4-6 deg of slop at the wheels & if you start with a sloppy car to begin with then instability coming into turns is what your stuck with. I buy the highest torque rated servos I can get not for the wheel turning torque but for the over built durability=longevity.Hit the wall at the end of the straight with the wheels turned & a tight servo saver in a truggy & the $100+ servos dont sound so expensive after the 10th or 12th time the servo dont strip.Not salkin smack about JR cuz they never refused me warranty but like I said in the second post here I never had to warranty that old 5955,though I have used Hitecs service on the lower grade servos & again nothing but praise for their customer service.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

^^ a cheap way to avoid this is to open your servo and rotate the gear's every so often, all you need is a couple fresh teeth contacting each other

of course if they are worn real bad doing this will cause issue's somewhere else in the servo travel but if you have some slight wandering at center usually you can "work" it out

i still won't buy/use underpowered servo's again!

next step is switching to LiPo to get the best performance