Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I believe the BCE chassis is a little thicker and the same price
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

So you want to know which buggy likes to be driven punched?

I have owned and put atleast a few gallons through an Hot Bodys D8, Xray 808, Kyosho mp9, Jammin X1X, Mugen Mbx5R, Mugen Mbx6, Rc8, Losi 1.0 and Losi 2.0. I of course tried different setups on each car.

The only one that stands out as liking to be driven puched was the Mp9. that doesnt mean that I think the MP9 is the best buggy out there because I dont.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
Not true. The Losi can never be as light as the Xray 808 for one main reason. The Losi uses a 4mm thick chassis and the Xray uses a 3mm chassis. Thats a lot of metal that you can do nothing about on the Losi. The Losi is just built on a heavier platform. Thats not a bad thing though, I like the idea of a thicker chassis for the US style tracks. Maybe some day Xray will make a "US" spec chassis at 3.5-4mm,.. now that would be cool!

I beg to differ....CF chassis my friend.

whats the stock weight on the chassis alone ?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

You would have to actually weigh them, losi's cuts are way more agressive than xray's on the chassis so they may weight more or less the same.

Weight has nothing to do with being stable. Weight makes a car slow to reactions on inputs from the driver AND track surface and since you have to drive it slower or you'll be from fence to fence.

Centered mass, low cg, wheelbase relation to front and rear track, suspension geometry and correct set up makes a car stable.

Every 1:1 race car in the world runs at the minimum weight allowed. my goal is always 7.01lbs/3200g

The newer cars are more stable than the older ones, this "centered weight" trend currently used by almost every manufacturer did not come for no reason, its just that in the new lighter ones everything happens quicker and it gives the impression that the car is not handling correctly but its actually the contrary. Being more stable and nimble is the reason they can go faster. Are F1's stable?

The losi 8ight is by far the car with the most agressive take on mass centering, others with less but still agressive weight centering are the xray, mp9, and mbx6. Jammin X2 and RC8 are better centered that the older "pre losi" generations too but less agressive on the take. Both run good though. Mass centering is only one part of this whole equation.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
I beg to differ....CF chassis my friend.

whats the stock weight on the chassis alone ?
CF,.. come on.... LOL! I would actually laugh if I saw Drake running a CF chassis!

Those are defiantly lighter though, but the flex properties and heat dissipation issues stop them from being used at the pro level.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I believe the BCE chassis is a little thicker and the same price
I ran a BCE chassis! Very nice product.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
CF,.. come on.... LOL! I would actually laugh if I saw Drake running a CF chassis!

Those are defiantly lighter though, but the flex properties and heat dissipation issues stop them from being used at the pro level.

billy fischer does quite will with His CF chassis on the Pro Circuit...Drake is Under contract to run losi stuff which is the reason he Stated to Robert " I REALLY like the chassis as it feels alot nimbler and overall lighter..but i have to run the stock stuff "...laugh all you want you are Wrong on the 808 being the lightest possible is all.

Flex properties are roughly the same as stock TFT plus a little some.....if you dont want extra traction from extra flex by all means have at it....and heat dissipation is not an issue....my CLockwork Vspec and JPX's never went up a degree from when i ran them on stock chassis.

Not tryin to be a jerk CarCrazy...but i WILL prove my point till the death.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

billy fischer does quite will with His CF chassis on the Pro Circuit...Drake is Under contract to run losi stuff which is the reason he Stated to Robert " I REALLY like the chassis as it feels alot nimbler and overall lighter..but i have to run the stock stuff "...laugh all you want you are Wrong on the 808 being the lightest possible is all.

Not tryin to be a jerk CarCrazy...but i WILL prove my point till the death.

I don't think he's not wrong. If the 808 is lighter than the 8ight stock then that will remain true if all the same aftermarket tricks are applied to the 808 as the 8ight, correct? Generally people don't do that because the 808 is close to legal weight already.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

LOSI
Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Davidka
I don't think he's not wrong. If the 808 is lighter than the 8ight stock then that will remain true if all the same aftermarket tricks are applied to the 808 as the 8ight, correct? Generally people don't do that because the 808 is close to legal weight already.

moot point.....No one makes a CF chassis for the 808....so my statement still stands...Unlim mods the 8ight is the lightest.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

moot point.....No one makes a CF chassis for the 808....so my statement still stands...Unlim mods the 8ight is the lightest.
It was a moot point before the unlimited mods idea. You can't run under legal weight.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

My statement still stands.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im willing to bet the hyper 9 is more center balanced then the losi 8ight. center balance is about more then the spot where the engine is mounted to.