JB/RL Rd. 1 world record

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JB/RL Rd. 1 world record

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

That track at Thunder Alley was the most insanely fun track I've ever been on! Period! Many tracks cant even compete with a layout like that, purely because of the physical shape and elevation of the basin its built on. I just wish it wasn't an hour from my house.

Levi outdid himself, and everyone else! Very nice! Even though I only ran 5-6 laps of practice on Saturday, I got a glimpse and that was enough.

Keep it up TA! .... and JBRL!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think TA needs club racing to survive. There are numerous races at TA every year that creates enough revenue to keep it going. Toys for Tots, pro-line etc. If Rev and ARC did not exist the dirt at TA would not be noticed.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thopper
I don't think TA needs club racing to survive. There are numerous races at TA every year that creates enough revenue to keep it going. Toys for Tots, pro-line etc. If Rev and ARC did not exist the dirt at TA would not be noticed.
i dunno it's mighty rought this year...and I am surprised that a track such as TA doesn't have a better turnout...the three times i've been there the tracks have been off the chain...this years was the best...but If that were my home track I'd be there alot...the place is just sick...and levi,rob,rick are all good guys
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default THUNDER ALLEY THANKS ALL OF YOU!

First off, THANKS TO ALL OF THE 340 RACERS that attended this past weekend! We/ Jimmy B and myself knew it would be crazy , 250 or so, but 200 racers signed up on Sunday alone! we had a few different ideas on what we could do to make it fair after we had the first round in and we did what we thought was best for most of the racers. I got us a special event permit from the city and Beamont PD to let us finish the racing. Yes we all wanted to go home but we wanted everyone to finish what they came for no matter how late it was. so it was all we could do to get done for the day, we have learned and Jimmy is considering his options for rd #2 at ARC in 3 weeks.

As far as the comments about TA and the economy and the club racing for us to survive, DO NOT WORRY, we will be fine! Yes we would love to see 20-40 people here every Sat to club race but all we can do is provide a facility for those who want to race, but we can't make them come here, simple as that! Rick is always ready to start racing when everyone gets here on Sat we just need enougfh to have a heat and enough for turn marshalls.
TA isnt going anywhere regardless of the economy or lack of club racing, TRUST ME!

And to continue on the comments on "tire eater" and such, I've been doing this for awhile now and with all of the factory teams doing testing and our local fast guys, the most traction availble and fastest is when the track is grooved and DRY! When we water which is all the time on a weekly basis the track is not nearly as hard on tires and the lap times go down. Also when was the last time anyone raced their 30 minute main and the track was still wet?

Groomed and well maintained? The last layout was in for almost 6 months, something we have NEVER done before, so yes it might have been rough and bumpy for some. Again when was the last time anyone ran a race on a smooth track after 150-200 racers practiced then qualified and ran the lower mains and the track was SMOOTH? It is off-road isn't it?

If you want a well groomed track, we will be putting in a new layout alot in the next 8 months for all of our upcoming races. But it will get bumpy and rough also as that what happens to dirt off-road tracks in my experience.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF THOSE WHO ENJOY THUNDER ALLEY AND WHAT WE TRY TO GIVE THE RACERS WHEN THEY ATTEND ANY OF OUR EVENTS!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks to Rob and Rick...two people who care and know how to take care of the racer.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Levi's Pit Dad
First off, THANKS TO ALL OF THE 340 RACERS that attended this past weekend! We/ Jimmy B and myself knew it would be crazy , 250 or so, but 200 racers signed up on Sunday alone! we had a few different ideas on what we could do to make it fair after we had the first round in and we did what we thought was best for most of the racers. I got us a special event permit from the city and Beamont PD to let us finish the racing. Yes we all wanted to go home but we wanted everyone to finish what they came for no matter how late it was. so it was all we could do to get done for the day, we have learned and Jimmy is considering his options for rd #2 at ARC in 3 weeks.

As far as the comments about TA and the economy and the club racing for us to survive, DO NOT WORRY, we will be fine! Yes we would love to see 20-40 people here every Sat to club race but all we can do is provide a facility for those who want to race, but we can't make them come here, simple as that! Rick is always ready to start racing when everyone gets here on Sat we just need enougfh to have a heat and enough for turn marshalls.
TA isnt going anywhere regardless of the economy or lack of club racing, TRUST ME!

And to continue on the comments on "tire eater" and such, I've been doing this for awhile now and with all of the factory teams doing testing and our local fast guys, the most traction availble and fastest is when the track is grooved and DRY! When we water which is all the time on a weekly basis the track is not nearly as hard on tires and the lap times go down. Also when was the last time anyone raced their 30 minute main and the track was still wet?

Groomed and well maintained? The last layout was in for almost 6 months, something we have NEVER done before, so yes it might have been rough and bumpy for some. Again when was the last time anyone ran a race on a smooth track after 150-200 racers practiced then qualified and ran the lower mains and the track was SMOOTH? It is off-road isn't it?

If you want a well groomed track, we will be putting in a new layout alot in the next 8 months for all of our upcoming races. But it will get bumpy and rough also as that what happens to dirt off-road tracks in my experience.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF THOSE WHO ENJOY THUNDER ALLEY AND WHAT WE TRY TO GIVE THE RACERS WHEN THEY ATTEND ANY OF OUR EVENTS!

GLAD TO hear that TA is there to stay I always have a great time at TA and the track was fine...it held up great considering the sheer amount of cars run between sat and sunday..hope to make it back out there soon for a club race
Old 04-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

i thought the track held up extremely well. Thanks Rob and Rick. Did an awesome job. Levi, best lay-out yet! Jimmiy well done.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great job Rob and Rick, Thunder Alley is our favorite track to run on, and if you want some tire eating chassis thrashing tracks to run on come out to Vegas. Thunder Alley is like running on carpet compared to some of the stuff we run on..
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

any more pics of the track?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

The track helled up GREAT for how much traffic there was.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to all who came out this past Sunday to Thunder Alley for round
#1 of the JBRL Nitro Series 2009!!! Like most have heard we had 340
entries which broke all JBRL and Tuunder Alley records for attendance.
Unfortunately due to the large unexpected but welcomed turnout we had
to eliminate a round of qualifying and run 1 round and the mains. I
apologize for that but most of you know that we had no other options.
Unfortunately I can't cap or limit the entries because that would
exclude people from the event which in turn would put them behind the
8 ball as far as the entire series goes. Most would not return to
another round if not allowed to race at an early round. I have been
talking to people and coming up with ideas for next years series to
accomodate all the racers and yes next years round #1 will definitely
be 2 days with buggy's on one day and truggy's on the other. This will
allow the drivers who are only racing 1 class to still have a 1 day
race. Those who are running 2 classes will have to be there both days
but man will it be nice to get done early both days!!!! We will see
how the numbers stack up at rounds 2-7 before deciding whether or not
to make each round 2 days next year.

With all that said I have been trying to figure out the best way to
accomodate the masses for the remainder of 2009. I have kicked around
a lot of ideas and unfortunately making the races this year 2 days is
out of the question. The schedule is set and most people have planned
for 1 day races this year. So I just wanted to let everyone know that
if we have 250 entries or less at a round for the rest of this season
we will be able to get our 2 rounds of qualifying in but if we get 251
or more we will only be running 1 round of qualifying but I will make
that 1 round a couple minutes longer and of course the mains will be a
little longer as well. Sorry for the inconvenience but it's really the
only way unless we want 3 minute qualifiers.

Thanks again for the incredible support this year and I look forward
to seeing all your faces through out the year at the all the various
rounds and tracks!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Babcock
Thanks to all who came out this past Sunday to Thunder Alley for round
#1 of the JBRL Nitro Series 2009!!! Like most have heard we had 340
entries which broke all JBRL and Tuunder Alley records for attendance.
Unfortunately due to the large unexpected but welcomed turnout we had
to eliminate a round of qualifying and run 1 round and the mains. I
apologize for that but most of you know that we had no other options.
Unfortunately I can't cap or limit the entries because that would
exclude people from the event which in turn would put them behind the
8 ball as far as the entire series goes. Most would not return to
another round if not allowed to race at an early round. I have been
talking to people and coming up with ideas for next years series to
accomodate all the racers and yes next years round #1 will definitely
be 2 days with buggy's on one day and truggy's on the other. This will
allow the drivers who are only racing 1 class to still have a 1 day
race. Those who are running 2 classes will have to be there both days
but man will it be nice to get done early both days!!!! We will see
how the numbers stack up at rounds 2-7 before deciding whether or not
to make each round 2 days next year.

With all that said I have been trying to figure out the best way to
accomodate the masses for the remainder of 2009. I have kicked around
a lot of ideas and unfortunately making the races this year 2 days is
out of the question. The schedule is set and most people have planned
for 1 day races this year. So I just wanted to let everyone know that
if we have 250 entries or less at a round for the rest of this season
we will be able to get our 2 rounds of qualifying in but if we get 251
or more we will only be running 1 round of qualifying but I will make
that 1 round a couple minutes longer and of course the mains will be a
little longer as well. Sorry for the inconvenience but it's really the
only way unless we want 3 minute qualifiers.

Thanks again for the incredible support this year and I look forward
to seeing all your faces through out the year at the all the various
rounds and tracks!!!
Hey Jimmy round 1 was my first JBRL ever and I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done. I was kinda bummed about the 1 qual but at the end of the day I was just happy to race. I am looking forward to round 2 as well as the remaining rounds in the season.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

LOL! Thats exactly what we were thinking for next year... Truggy one day, Buggy the next. That works! ...and the guys who run both, are mostly hard core racers so they "might" not complain. See you all at ARC!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Round #1 of JBRL was a crazy day for sure. I love the level of competition, and have been looking forward to it for some time now. The amount of entries blew me away, as it did with most. JBRL has always drawn a crowd, but WOW! What a turn out! I decided to race 2 classes this year, which now i am glad I did. Time between rounds is a long wait with only racing one class. As the day grew longer, it was obvious that there was no way to get in a second round of Qual's. It would have been 4 in the AM by the time all the rounds were done. Hell, I would have been late for work!!
Jimmy did a great job, as did the Rob and Rick! They had their hands full, and still ran a smooth program.
T/A is a top notch facility, and is always a great place to race. What can you say about Levi, and his layouts!? SICK is all I can say! Never disappointed with a Levi layout!
As for tire wear, there was a time that tire wear was an issue, but those days have gone. I think it was back in the "Nat's" days, but since then, the dirt has been turned, and that seems to have gone away. I have ran there a quit a few times, for practice, and tires have been fine. This past weekend, I ran the same tires Saturday for practice, and for the qual's, and mains, and tire wear was not an issue. The track held up awsome too! I really didnt notice anywhere where the track was "blown out". Of course track conditions change after 300+ cars beat on it all day, but as for being blown out, that was not the case. Adjusting for those changes IS part of racing.
Rick, Rob, and Levi have a great place there, and I am always wanting to head up the hill to club race. Rick is ALWAYS wanting to put on a race. It's just a matter of having enough, like Rob said.
I am busy this weekend, but am thinking I will head up, with a crew of peep's next weekend, and see if there is a good enough crowd to do some racing. The track is Sick, and would love to get some more wheel time on it!!
Great job to the JBRL crew, and the T/A crew! Im looking forward to round #2 at ARC!!
I agree, if the series is going to be this large, then a 2 day event is what is going to be needed. Sundays are tough for me, since I go to work at a very early hour. Getting out at 10pm is really pushing it. I was a walking Zomby all day Monday, and am just barely getting over it. Good times though!