Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rally Car Questions...Help!!!! =D

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rally Car Questions...Help!!!! =D

Hi ,I am a rookie and I dont know much about R/C cars , I know a little bit about mini-zīs , but Im more attracted to Gas Powered Rally cars. I was looking the other day at the Kyosho GP TR-15 Subaru Imprezza , and the Landmax2 GS21R Subaru Imprezza. I thought they were the same...but they turned out to be different. I have lots of questions , and would like it for all of you to give me a hand please....

* Whats the difference between these two cars?
* How much run time can I get with a 125 cc fuel tank , having a stock GP motor?
* Are GP cars noisy...if so , how noisy?
* Are these cars good for beginners?
* How fast can the GS21R and TR-15 engines go?
* Waht is a Nitro Additive? How often do you use it?
*Can you fit a bigger fuel tank into the Landmax 2?
* What happens if I put gasoline instead of glow fuel into the car?
* What is the Strongest GP Engine compatible w/ the car?

These are just some questions I have in the meantime ....THanks all
Old 12-14-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Since I don't race gas, I can only help with a few questions.
-Yes, compaired to electric they can get very noisy, especially when someone looses a air filter... it's hard to say how lound they are in idle and when full throttle, go to a local track and see for yourself.
-From what I understand, gasoline has certain additives for real cars with oil and radiators and such (I'm no motorhead) and the R/C fuel is mainly nitro some oil in it (instead of real cars having oil separate from the fuel itself) So both have different combustion rates and r/c has more oil in it, since R/C cars have nowhere to keep oil...

Hope I helped in some way
Old 12-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Rally Car Questions...Help!!!! =D

Originally posted by pedrolf
Hi ,I am a rookie and I dont know much about R/C cars , I know a little bit about mini-zīs , but Im more attracted to Gas Powered Rally cars. I was looking the other day at the Kyosho GP TR-15 Subaru Imprezza , and the Landmax2 GS21R Subaru Imprezza. I thought they were the same...but they turned out to be different. I have lots of questions , and would like it for all of you to give me a hand please....

* Whats the difference between these two cars?
* How much run time can I get with a 125 cc fuel tank , having a stock GP motor?
* Are these cars good for beginners?
* How fast can the GS21R and TR-15 engines go?
* Waht is a Nitro Additive? How often do you use it?
*Can you fit a bigger fuel tank into the Landmax 2?
* What is the Strongest GP Engine compatible w/ the car?

These are just some questions I have in the meantime ....THanks all
1.the gp tr-15 is 1/10th scale & the landmax 2 is 1/8th scale. i have a landmax2 that i modded to the hilt. i put mugen bigbore shocks, a rb 086 one piece header&pipe, airtronics 358 servos, a 2 speed - it's pretty bling! the shocks its comes with suck - they're plastic super ten touring car shocks, not really good when you go offroad - not enough dampening or travel. by the way, the landmax2 is based on the mp 7.5 buggy chassis. it's the most winning 1/8 scale buggy chassis in history. i actually run a hyper 7 for buggy, my landmax2 was just for kicks.
2.run time is going to be dependent on how you tune your engine, the pipe you use, the header you use - too many variables to give you a definate answer. if you were to stay w/ the stock engines that these kits come with, your engine is tuned correctly, and you can drive the throttle smoothly, you can expect between 7 - 10 minutes. oh yeah, plug type will play a factor.
3.if you're a beginner, i would suggest a ready to run 1/8 scale buggy.
4.not sure what you mean by nitro additive, but these glow engines run off of nitro fuel. you have belnds from 5% all the way up to 40%, maybe even higher. i'd suggest 20% or 30%.
5.you can put in a bigger tank, but you have to mod it. i'd leave this alone since it's more hassle than its woth.
6.not sure. just dont' do it. you're sure to f#ck up your engine.
7.very subjective question. rb c-5, rb worlds s-7 II, novarossi p-5, oz vzb...get my drift. if you're a beginner, the engine the landmax2 comes with is nice.

you've asked quite a few questions that i doubt i could answer in one long post. if you have more questions or need more clarity, feel free to continue posting your questions or pm me. i'm sure you'll get more people responding to your posts and questions. good luck. i get stoked on newbies getting into rc - even more so when its comes to rally - my favorite type of real car racing!

herb c.