Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX TC SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
With the new Mk3 software there are no problems with the SXX SS anymore (and the feeling and power increased once again). In your case it's best to have the SXX SS.

And when you race 4WD, it's in second place it's the TC. When you're not racing 4WD it doesn't really matter whether you race TC or the Competition Spec
Thank you Rick you have been very helpful! I am going to put the SXX TC in my 4W and SXX SS in my 2W and Truck. Im excited
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by K_King
Thank you Rick you have been very helpful! I am going to put the SXX TC in my 4W and SXX SS in my 2W and Truck. Im excited
You're welcome. That's what a forum is for :-)
Old 04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a LRP SXX TC Spec. Currently using a X12 6.5T motor.

I have also a brand new GM motor (PRO 5.5T). Does the SXX and GM motor work fine ? The GM and LRP uses the same type of sensor cable ?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mário Ribeiro
I have a LRP SXX TC Spec. Currently using a X12 6.5T motor.

I have also a brand new GM motor (PRO 5.5T). Does the SXX and GM motor work fine ? The GM and LRP uses the same type of sensor cable ?
I don't see why not, I m using mine with many types of sensored motor with no problems. As far as I know the sensor cables as well as its socket are the same on every sensored motor, i guess its a standard design.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Brand new SXX TC Spec installed in my car today... TC with 5.5 X-12 geared @ 8.4.

Worked fine for one battery, pulled it off the track... motor temped @ 160, ESC not very hot at all.

Second battery pack - drove for 5-6 laps, motor shuts down on me. The servo still works, and now there is a flashing red light, motor not responding, and no way of resetting speed control...

Anyone have experience with this symptom?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Nobody?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Your ratio sounds ok, just hope your track is not too small.

Before trying anything, check the motor, check out the wire soldering terminal (remove the head first).

LRP motor has a "hot" reputation, so never hesitate to run it with the huge LRP fan (40x40mm). It can decrease the temp up to 20°C. Tested and approved in hot country !

Make also sure your timing insert has the 4 small dots mark on the bottom (-10° timing).

Check out you don't have too much Drag Brake and Initial brake in your ESC set-up.
I personally run Touring Car with Lipo 7.4V, 4.5t X12, Sphere TC Spec ESC and setted up as following: 1,3,0,2

Tell us if it's better like this. If you meet more issues, transfer your request to the LRP X12 thread as the problem is not coming from the ESC (which is the real subject here).

Cheers
Slide
Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slideaway
I personally run Touring Car with Lipo 7.4V, 4.5t X12, Sphere TC Spec ESC and setted up as following: 1,3,0,2

Slide
Slide,

May I know what's your FDR? I'm running same setup but profile 2 at FDR 8.3.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonest
Slide,

May I know what's your FDR? I'm running same setup but profile 2 at FDR 8.3.

Thanks
Sure, I run a FDR: 8.36 (110t spur/25t motor pinion)x1.9
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Everyone,

I own a LRP SXX TC SPEC esc and connected it to a Nosram Storm Evolution 13.5 sensored BL motor.

Ive been using this for around 5 months now but unfortunately, I wasnt the one who set it up. A friend of mine from the track did. So its the typical set-and-forget sort of thing for me

Here's my question and I'm sorry if this has already been answered. May i know the optimal set up for my ESC? My fdr is around 4.4 ~4.1 and i run a Cyclone TC. Also, is there any way for the TC spec to be as fast as the Tekin RS esc?

Thanks alot in advance guys and sorry again if this has already been answered

-PAO
Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RE: New Version

Does anyone know when LRP is coming out with their newer version of the SXX TC? I have heard rumors that LRP is coming out with updated version or software that will be tunable like the Tekin RS.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Settings for ESC SXX SS with BALLISTIC 10.5

Hello,
i am new to this equipment so i kindly ask help for the settings of ESC & motor. I usually run on a large asphalt track where 1:8 scale IC cars are at home. In other occasions i run on asphalt tracks more dedicated to 1:10 electric power cars.
Thank You.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PAO_F
Hi Everyone,

I own a LRP SXX TC SPEC esc and connected it to a Nosram Storm Evolution 13.5 sensored BL motor.

Ive been using this for around 5 months now but unfortunately, I wasnt the one who set it up. A friend of mine from the track did. So its the typical set-and-forget sort of thing for me

Here's my question and I'm sorry if this has already been answered. May i know the optimal set up for my ESC? My fdr is around 4.4 ~4.1 and i run a Cyclone TC. Also, is there any way for the TC spec to be as fast as the Tekin RS esc?

Thanks alot in advance guys and sorry again if this has already been answered

-PAO
If you have the "normal" SXX TC Spec and not the SXX Stock Spec version (SXX SS to make it short), I'm afraid there's no way to be as fast as the Tekin RS.

About the setting of the ESC, knowing "how to" by yourself will always be better than "someone did it for me". I'm sure you can work everything out by yourself, you simply have to read the instruction manual carefully (download it if necessary). The LRP speedos are way the easiest esc to set-up.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone know if you can use a non-sensored motor with this esc?

Thanks...
Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I have first version of tc spec reg, it is possible to update it to V2 and add boost option?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.